Any cyclists here?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I am not riding outside these days, although some ice is gone and it's supposed to warm up today. Have been on the trainer, just three weeks out from a little arthroscopic tune-up. Look at some of the crap they took out of my "good" knee. No wonder it was killing me. Keep it smooth out there...

Sorry to hear that is going to be repeated on the "bad" knee. At least you seem to be recovering well enough to sit through a trainer session without complication. Usually that is a good sign of happier years to come.

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
I am not riding outside these days, although some ice is gone and it's supposed to warm up today. Have been on the trainer, just three weeks out from a little arthroscopic tune-up. Look at some of the crap they took out of my "good" knee. No wonder it was killing me. Keep it smooth out there...
I hope you're feeling better!
I just had something similar done in December. At the time riding was the only thing I could do that didn't hurt- even sleeping was bad. Much better now. Here in Minnesota its been pretty warm and dry so I've been riding to work for most of the last 6 weeks with no worries of ice or salt on the roads. Crazy!

Holmz

Apr 19, 2022
Impromptu break dance sessions in Lycra is not really a sport for mature aged people.
It was not a great deal of fun “back in the day” either.

Holmz

Apr 19, 2022
I stay away from Lycra! Merino wool doesn't get stinky. But I don't use it when break dancing either.

So being in Mn, you use it when listening to Prince then?

Vienna

VIP/Donor
ceramic bb and the PWC wake 6560 evolution, IMG_8905.jpeg elevated the performance in new levels

Vienna

VIP/Donor
...very nice ride. I like those carbon hoops a lot. How is the durability on the Pirelli tires @Vienna ?
my other wheels Pirelli Pzero TLR SL after 1800 km and they are like new. Low rolling resistance, superb grip and no flats

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Big ring looks like a BIG ring. 53t?

My days pushing that size ring are (sadly) behind me.
its never too late Bob, i resumed cycling after years with FTP 130 and within months with structured exercises elevated to 250

Reactions: Bobvin

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
Big ring looks like a BIG ring. 53t?

My days pushing that size ring are (sadly) behind me.
As we get older quite often it isn't the ring so much as we might need shortened crank arms to allow our knees to work without pain or damage.

None of my bikes have ever had a 53 though... even back in the days when I was fast.

Reactions: Bobvin

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Anybody pounding out tempo in a 53t I will call you “Sir”

(as I wave bye-bye from the back)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Reactions: Vienna

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Reactions: Slingblade

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing