Bocchino sablon in da house!

Hello All,

Just dropping some pics of my new Bocchino terminated Sablon Audio cables before I install the four. I opted for the 'half way house' approach, ie. Bocchino IEC only whilst keeping the Oyaide P-004 plugs. This way I can at least afford some of the Bocchino flavour without going full King Sablon PC. In fact, anyone not using US plugs have this option to upgrade their cables this way. Did I say they were big? Well the Bocchino PLUG is twice the size of the IEC! DSC07692.jpg

I have also added a King Sablon XLR IC to the mix and the XLRs are solid, beautifully made and by all accounts sound wonderful. DSC07688.jpg

I'll let you know how I get on with them in a few weeks after burn in, which is said not to be as long as NCF plug burn in.

Blue58

I've got to hand back this Sablon Bocchino IC later today, this will be hard to do w literally just a couple of day's experience with it. In my humble opinion, it's a real game changer. It's heads above any cable I've ever heard.

Aren’t you supposed to not hear a cable ;)

Mark was gracious enough to let me try his Bocchino power cord last week. There's not more I can say beyond what I conveyed to him via email, which I'll post here:

"Well, you've ruined me, for one. I thought I had reached the best in terms of bass depth and quality I could have with a SET amp in my system and that is definitely not the case. I can see now that the 48W this amp puts out is no slouch. Transparency in all regions has so improved that it makes me question why I want to upgrade integrateds. The noise removal factor is what stands out to me and makes all these things happen. I'm just hearing so much more of each instrument - not in a "I hear more details" way, but rather that I'm hearing more of other complete elements of the instrument that were not present before. I'm only simplifying what your cables are doing by using the term "noise removal". The term comes to mind because my audio origins are computer based and I've done a lot in terms of jitter removal, power conditioning and implementing linear power over the years. They do what a great LPS/computer replacement system can do for your sound."

These are wonderful PCs that one should definitely aspire to own. Going without them has proved difficult. Thankfully, I'll be testing out his interconnects pretty soon.

Adam, make sure you're sitting down when you test the Bocchino IC. For your own safety LOL.
Sablon products look interesting. But I think You guys are too crazy of this Bocchino. Is Bochino the name of the cable? Or I misunderstand something. I think if the cable sounds good it is the "whole" cable doing the good. The type of head and tail make a difference but they shouldnt be the main cause of how the cable sounds. May be my ears are not so good. I have both gold and silver looking Bochino most can be tightened at the end connectors. Some I have just like those on Sablon interconnect. I could switch them and I dont hear any significant difference.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: bonzo75
Sablon products look interesting. But I think You guys are too crazy of this Bocchino. Is Bochino the name of the cable? Or I misunderstand something. I think if the cable sounds good it is the "whole" cable doing the good. The type of head and tail make a difference but they shouldnt be the main cause of how the cable sounds. May be my ears are not so good. I have both gold and silver looking Bochino most can be tightened at the end connectors. Some I have just like those on Sablon interconnect. I could switch them and I dont hear any significant difference.

Kind regards,
Tang
Agreed. The terminations wouldn't matter if Sablon PCs were not already one of the best, not only in terms of value, cables out there. This appears to be a case of icing on the cake.

Reactions: Sablon Audio
Tang, the "stock" Sablon is already superlative. An amazing blend of tonal density, timbral accuracy, natural warmth and unforced details.

The Bocchino updates take this already winning combination and up the ante significantly by going way further on lowering noise floor. This is truly revelational, because in my system at least which would never win any contests for microdynamics, imaging or space, is now ticking all these boxes in quite a major way. Now I'm easily picking up on venue cues, the space btwn musicians. Indeed, noise suppression is so good in the Bocchino IC that I used on my cdp that I could seperate the slight Class D sub amps hum on my Zus from the soundstage. Fascinating.

Tang, I've listened to a few top cables in my time, and the Bocchino Sablons trounce them. For me at least once I Bocch out my remaining Sablons, I'm done on cables.

Kind regards,
Tang
You would reshape your thinking if you ever put your hands on a Bocchino interconnect termination (XLR or RCA), power connector or plug. He makes the finest (IMHO) in terms of fit & finish and sound quality connectors in the world, bar none. I have a few of his XLR connectors on various Elrod interconnects and find them to be excellent. I've heard the same interconnect or power cable with top of the line Furutech, Oyaide, Cardas or other connectors depending upon application and then that same cable was fitted with Bocchino interconnect (XLR or RCA) or power cord terminations accordingly which gave it a leap in performance to an extent I would have never believed.

It's hard to explain connectors of this sophistication and design quality; seeing/hearing is believing. The downside on the power plugs that has me holding back is that they are very large and not really usable for me due to size on the back of source components. I am thinking however of using them on my 'mains' connection to my power conditioner and to my amplifiers for the those discrete uses as they can be supported from the floor.

Rumor has it Bocchino has designed the wall outlet to beat all....only downside is the size and the weight but I do plan on giving one a try.

Last edited:
SC, I'm gonna stick w the "partial" Bocchino PCs ie Bocch connectors into gear but standard plugs (I don't have the physical space on my distribution strip), and full Bocch ICs.

Is there a Bocchino spkr cbls ie Bocch spades or bananas?

As I listen to my system thru my Sablons, esp w the one Bocch I currently have, I have raised a glass to toast those adamant power cords don't make a difference, or pricey cables are a waste of cash.

Reactions: SCAudiophile
SC, I'm gonna stick w the "partial" Bocchino PCs ie Bocch connectors into gear but standard plugs (I don't have the physical space on my distribution strip), and full Bocch ICs.

Is there a Bocchino spkr cbls ie Bocch spades or bananas?

Yes, Bocchino makes great spade and banana connectors; they grip like no other (even the finest from Cardas and others I've loved in the past). My Elrod Statement Gold Speaker cables have them as do my Elrod Master Series Statement Gold Jumpers that were used with my TAD R1s. As with anything from Bocchino, they are beyond compare (IMHO).

I'll join you in raising a glass to toast all ways in which fine power cords, speaker cables and interconnects with proper terminations make a difference and further to toast (away) all the adamant remarks about how they don't. To each their own :cool:!!!

You would reshape your thinking if you ever put your hands on a Bocchino interconnect termination (XLR or RCA), power connector or plug. He makes the finest (IMHO) in terms of fit & finish and sound quality connectors in the world, bar none. I have a few of his XLR connectors on various Elrod interconnects and find them to be excellent. I've heard the same interconnect or power cable with top of the line Furutech, Oyaide, Cardas or other connectors depending upon application and then that same cable was fitted with Bocchino interconnect (XLR or RCA) or power cord terminations accordingly which gave it a leap in performance to an extent I would have never believed.

It's hard to explain connectors of this sophistication and design quality; seeing/hearing is believing. The downside on the power plugs that has me holding back is that they are very large and not really usable for me due to size on the back of source components. I am thinking however of using them on my 'mains' connection to my power conditioner and to my amplifiers for the those discrete uses as they can be supported from the floor.

Rumor has it Bocchino has designed the wall outlet to beat all....only downside is the size and the weight but I do plan on giving one a try.

This and similar posts here are squarely in line with my experience with Bocchino power plugs. If you change the male and female connectors to Bocchino on a power cable you are familiar with, you will experience a true leap in performance beyond what you could have otherwise imagined. Such a power cable IMHO will have more positive influence on the sound of one’s system than any power conditioner in my experience.
The new Bocchino AC receptacle should be an ear opener but you will have to carve out a large hole in your wall to accommodate it. It may be more suitable for a very high end power distributor.

Reactions: Blue58
Tang, the "stock" Sablon is already superlative. An amazing blend of tonal density, timbral accuracy, natural warmth and unforced details.

The Bocchino updates take this already winning combination and up the ante significantly by going way further on lowering noise floor. This is truly revelational, because in my system at least which would never win any contests for microdynamics, imaging or space, is now ticking all these boxes in quite a major way. Now I'm easily picking up on venue cues, the space btwn musicians. Indeed, noise suppression is so good in the Bocchino IC that I used on my cdp that I could seperate the slight Class D sub amps hum on my Zus from the soundstage. Fascinating.

Tang, I've listened to a few top cables in my time, and the Bocchino Sablons trounce them. For me at least once I Bocch out my remaining Sablons, I'm done on cables.
Hi Marc,

I dont doubt Sablon Bocchino sound superb as you said. I just dont think any cable can jump from division one to the premier league by just changing the head and tail end connectors. Are you talking Bocchino a big fish or small fish. My big fish means you have Bocchino in your system and you can stop listening to your already wonderful sounding system for a week, then, come back to play without the Bochino and you realize it sounds significantly different. Small fish means you come back in a week and you still think your system sound terrific but you cannot really be sure to detect the difference whether you put the Bocchino on or off. If you try a/b'ing the same type of cable with and without Bochino with one week silence period like I said and still tell us that with Bocchino it is a big magnitude better, I will take your words for it and have no doubt about the effect of Bochino.

Sir. I have Bocchino in all my interconnects and speaker cables.

09D05A12-8993-4EAF-9793-6BF6D992F816.jpeg
817531B7-DA0F-4FB0-AAC3-41417026F69A.jpeg

The Bochino is good. All I am saying is giving a different perspective of the delta as a user of these connectors. Especially on the phono cable my standard SME rca can sound just as good as my other phono cable with the Bocchino.. with even better practicality.

Kind regards,
Tang :)

Reactions: bonzo75
Hi Marc,

I dont doubt Sablon Bocchino sound superb as you said. I just dont think any cable can jump from division one to the premier league by just changing the head and tail end connectors. Are you talking Bocchino a big fish or small fish. My big fish means you have Bocchino in your system and you can stop listening to your already wonderful sounding system for a week, then, come back to play without the Bochino and you realize it sounds significantly different. Small fish means you come back in a week and you still think your system sound terrific but you cannot really be sure to detect the difference whether you put the Bocchino on or off. If you try a/b'ing the same type of cable with and without Bochino with one week silence period like I said and still tell us that with Bocchino it is a big magnitude better, I will take your words for it and have no doubt about the effect of Bochino.

View attachment 48482
View attachment 48483

The Bochino is good. All I am saying is giving a different perspective of the delta as a user of these connectors. Especially on the phono cable my standard SME rca can sound just as good as my other phono cable with the Bocchino.. with even better practicality.

Kind regards,

Tang,...very good to meet you, thank you for correcting my error!

This and similar posts here are squarely in line with my experience with Bocchino power plugs. If you change the male and female connectors to Bocchino on a power cable you are familiar with, you will experience a true leap in performance beyond what you could have otherwise imagined. Such a power cable IMHO will have more positive influence on the sound of one’s system than any power conditioner in my experience.
The new Bocchino AC receptacle should be an ear opener but you will have to carve out a large hole in your wall to accommodate it. It may be more suitable for a very high end power distributor.

No doubt,...I've seen pictures of the outlet and casing; it looks first rate, big and heavy. It would clearly require a frame/box in the wall joists be built to bolt it into. I'm personally thinking several bolted to a hardwood board (with elastomer damping) to an acoustic shelf as a power distribution 'super strip' would be much more feasible. I shudder to think what would happen if anyone ever retrofitted these outlets into a wall or a power conditioner. The results may very well be jaw-dropping...

No doubt,...I've seen pictures of the outlet and casing; it looks first rate, big and heavy. It would clearly require a frame/box in the wall joists be built to bolt it into. I'm personally thinking several bolted to a hardwood board (with elastomer damping) to an acoustic shelf as a power distribution 'super strip' would be much more feasible. I shudder to think what would happen if anyone ever retrofitted these outlets into a wall or a power conditioner. The results may very well be jaw-dropping...

Looks like this power distributor may be available soon. See post #10 in the thread:
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/bocchino-us-mains-socket.27154/#post-548815

Hi Marc,

View attachment 48482
View attachment 48483

Kind regards,

Tango, big fish, like a whale.

Reactions: Tango
The unit is 18 3/4 inches long by 11 1/2 inches wide and 15 1/2 inches tall. We think it will weigh between 30 and 40 pounds but won’t know the exact weight until it is built.. The Bocchino outlets are approximately 5 1/2 inches by 3 1/4 inches by 2 1/4 inches tall. We might be able to squeeze one more receptacle into this form factor but will have a better idea how that might all go together after we complete the first unit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing