Bocchino sablon in da house!

Hello All,

Just dropping some pics of my new Bocchino terminated Sablon Audio cables before I install the four. I opted for the 'half way house' approach, ie. Bocchino IEC only whilst keeping the Oyaide P-004 plugs. This way I can at least afford some of the Bocchino flavour without going full King Sablon PC. In fact, anyone not using US plugs have this option to upgrade their cables this way. Did I say they were big? Well the Bocchino PLUG is twice the size of the IEC! DSC07692.jpg

I have also added a King Sablon XLR IC to the mix and the XLRs are solid, beautifully made and by all accounts sound wonderful. DSC07688.jpg

I'll let you know how I get on with them in a few weeks after burn in, which is said not to be as long as NCF plug burn in.

Blue58

Hi Marc,

I dont doubt Sablon Bocchino sound superb as you said. I just dont think any cable can jump from division one to the premier league by just changing the head and tail end connectors. Are you talking Bocchino a big fish or small fish. My big fish means you have Bocchino in your system and you can stop listening to your already wonderful sounding system for a week, then, come back to play without the Bochino and you realize it sounds significantly different. Small fish means you come back in a week and you still think your system sound terrific but you cannot really be sure to detect the difference whether you put the Bocchino on or off. If you try a/b'ing the same type of cable with and without Bochino with one week silence period like I said and still tell us that with Bocchino it is a big magnitude better, I will take your words for it and have no doubt about the effect of Bochino.

Sir. I have Bocchino in all my interconnects and speaker cables.

View attachment 48483

The Bochino is good. All I am saying is giving a different perspective of the delta as a user of these connectors. Especially on the phono cable my standard SME rca can sound just as good as my other phono cable with the Bocchino.. with even better practicality.

Kind regards,
Tang :)

Hello Tang,

Your ears are good, pls don't worry :) As with all hifi, everything matters, and just terminals alone do not make a good IC, but to get the best out of Bocchino, you have to ensure all cable parameters are excellent, inc conductor material etc, (but this you will know anyway). As OEM, they are expensive, especially our preferred B2 RCA, which is sonically the top of the tree, hence why we use it on our Ref Series, and have done for 10 years now. We also use the B24, with identical cable arrangement, so purely the RCA connector is the difference, and there is an audible difference between the two, surprising as it may sound. When we first started to build and test in 2009, we used many terminals as you can imagine, some were very good, WBT and Furutech esp, but the Bocc stood out as the most unforced, naturally 'grand' sounding of all. HiFi+ picked up on this aspect in their review in issue 76.

I am flattered by the appearance of cables 'looking' quite similar to ours that are appearing now also ;), here is our original B24 from 2009..

Last edited:
On the contrary Bill, it's hardly surprising given their sonic qualities..

Rgds,
Paul

Sorry Paul. You don’t make the plugs, you just use them. It is no different to someone using a certain brand of output caps or drivers. If you invented them, then you deserve credit.

Adam, make sure you're sitting down when you test the Bocchino IC. For your own safety LOL.
Marc, I did sit down, but I had to go one better and strap myself down for this one. I used the interconnects between my DAC and amplifier, and the improvement was similar to that of Bocchino PC, but with a higher delta. I've been using Mark's base Panatela interconnect, and it's the last remaining item in my signal chain due an upgrade. Silly me for thinking since the Panatela saw off all the more expensive contenders when it was introduced that I could rest with it on its laurels. I had inquired with Marc about going Reserva a while ago, but I got complacent and decided to address other areas.

I experienced greater insight into all genres of music I played. Insight into the soundstage - unearthing ambiently occluded instruments and revealing their texture and timbre in a more true to life manner. With this, sound bloomed more naturally and filled my listening space like I've never heard before.

Transparency across the whole spectrum was also punched up many notches. For once I wasn't straining to fill in missing notes to the words sang on songs I love. Every word was articulate and yet still full bodied and proportionally sized - two traits that, in my past experience, have proved mutually exclusive.

I've placed an order for these with Mark, and Easter cannot come fast enough in cold, frosty Minnesota.

Last edited:
Adam, I did kinda sit there myself thinking just what is going on. I'm jaded enough to know in this hobby that some changes can be dramatic but then reveal themselves to be euphonic, one note, initially positive but then proved to be skewed and biased.

None of these negatives appears the case w the Bocchino ICs. There's more colour, but it's the full spectrum. There's more tonal density, but no cloying bass thickening. There's more detail and timbral accuracy, but no forensic astringentness. And there's more imaging and staging, but no CGI-like presentation of lines.

Even more so than the Bocchino PCs, these cables really add to the listening experience.

Been running my King Sablon for a couple of days now, I ended up using it on my dCS Network Bridge as I found it made the biggest difference. Beside the power cable is the Sablon Panatela Ethernet:cool:
IMG_0767.jpg IMG_0762.jpg

Marc, I did sit down, but I had to go one better and strap myself down for this one. I used the interconnects between my DAC and amplifier, and the improvement was similar to that of Bocchino PC, but with a higher delta. I've been using Mark's base Panatela interconnect, and it's the last remaining item in my signal chain due an upgrade. Silly me for thinking since the Panatela saw off all the more expensive contenders when it was introduced that I could rest with it on its laurels. I had inquired with Marc about going Reserva a while ago, but I got complacent and decided to address other areas.

I experienced greater insight into all genres of music I played. Insight into the soundstage - unearthing ambiently occluded instruments and revealing their texture and timbre in a more true to life manner. With this, sound bloomed more naturally and filled my listening space like I've never heard before.

Transparency across the whole spectrum was also punched up many notches. For once I wasn't straining to fill in missing notes to the words sang on songs I love. Every word was articulate and yet still full bodied and proportionally sized - two traits that, in my past experience, have proved mutually exclusive.

I've placed an order for these with Mark, and Easter cannot come fast enough in cold, frosty Minnesota.

I feel I need to clarify that I demoed the Prince Sablon (Bocchino only on the power output side) and not the King. Marc, I may have had to strap my chair down for that.

Reactions: Sablon Audio
Billy, my website is way out of date and the developer has gone incommunicado. Rather than rehash it, I will make a fresh website one of these days but in the meantime it’s best to email me to have a chat about the Bocchino terminated options.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing