Breaking news from DCS….

The industry has definitely shifted - it's a luxury industry. it is what is ..

the good news is that there are many products to cater to many subjective tastes. For example, have heard the wilson chronosonic wamm junior a number times, but I would take one of my lower systems, zu druid system, at 1/70 the cost. Likewise, I would take a $5K totaldac or lampizator over any dcs product I heard, including vivaldi, msb select 2, etc.
I was using the the Vivaldi One with the Vivaldi clock and Cybershaft OP21 clock and was very happy until I auditioned a Lampizator Pacific. With "only" stocktubes it fostered a greater emotional experience and I sold my dCS/Cybershaft gear without a second thought. Since then with extensive tube rolling and the PAC2 upgrade I am in sonic heaven...for now!

I was using the the Vivaldi One with the Vivaldi clock and Cybershaft OP21 clock and was very happy until I auditioned a Lampizator Pacific. With "only" stocktubes it fostered a greater emotional experience and I sold my dCS/Cybershaft gear without a second thought. Since then with extensive tube rolling and the PAC2 upgrade I am in sonic heaven...for now!

I could never do a tubed DAC as my DAC, preamp and amp run 24x7, even when I am away from home on vacation.

When I buy a typical component it only gets powered off only for redoing the equipment rack, new cables, power failures or when it's time to sell it.

The exception is my phono stage, which is tubed and thus only powered up when I listen to records.

Reactions: 2ndLiner

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing