Breaking news from DCS….

Please quote! Be sure to do so from before I was asked what I use, and limit yourself to what qualifies as glorifying. Or else I’ll be out of here. If I’m not allowed to voice my (relative) disappointment in anything whatsoever, or give my opinion, what’s this forum for? Thanks!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

I think what Mike is saying is if you voice your disappointment expect to fight and defend. So when you say Wadax is not good your opinion is fine, but then you should expect to get in and wrestle, and leave to readers to judge based on what experience you stated as valid or not.

Of course, if you, Mike, Rudolph, all posted videos it will be much easier for us readers to relate to experiences :)

Why is it so hard to accept that some people have different tastes to our own? If the goal is musical enjoyment leading to happiness then opinions are subjective by definition. Don’t we want to encourage that? Spending a ton of money and having plenty of people agree with you does not make you “right”. Why attempt to intimidate someone who disagrees with you by mischaracterizing their remarks by making up loaded words like “glorifying”? Wadax does not need you to defend them. I’m pretty sure they are doing just fine. When giving ‘advise’ I would love it if we could understand what the person is seeking from their own perspective and guide them to it even if it leads them away from gear that we personally favor. People hear differently. They seek different things. It’s ok to let them be them. You be you.

Why is it so hard to accept that some people have different tastes to our own? If the goal is musical enjoyment leading to happiness then opinions are subjective by definition. Don’t we want to encourage that?
We want to encourage debates. Whether you like or dislike a product, you should state your experience, why, and given this is a forum, not a read only website, people will ask you queries and you will have to defend your position. So the only time people accept what you say without challenging you is when you start a thread on your own purchase saying "Hey I bought X". Then, people will say Congrats and make you feel good for a few days. But the moment you compare X to anything else, you are in like Flynt

Best way to feel good and avoid confrontations is to keep announcing purchases.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lagonda
Why is it so hard to accept that some people have different tastes to our own? If the goal is musical enjoyment leading to happiness then opinions are subjective by definition. Don’t we want to encourage that? Spending a ton of money and having plenty of people agree with you does not make you “right”. Why attempt to intimidate someone who disagrees with you by mischaracterizing their remarks by making up loaded words like “glorifying”? Wadax does not need you to defend them. I’m pretty sure they are doing just fine. When giving ‘advise’ I would love it if we could understand what the person is seeking from their own perspective and guide them to it even if it leads them away from gear that we personally favor. People hear differently. They seek different things. It’s ok to let them be them. You be you.
Different taste is not the point at all (for me anyway but I suppose the same applies to Mike). The crucial point is that a (negative) claim is made towards a certain audio component - in all likelihood only based on listening under (unfavorable) show conditions - that is totally in contradiction with the experience of people who listened to the same component at home casu quo under controlled circumstances, including three professional / experienced reviewers who tested this component (there are btw at least two other reviewers who listened to the Wadax reference dac under controlled circumstances without hearing any dynamic flatness but they did not write an official review). This begs the question whether this claim is incorrect.

Let's not forget hat this is a thread about DCS, the Wadax followers are here mainly to toot their own horn. They started praising that shinny object on the mountain top long before the DCS followers started their own counterattack !;)

Last edited:
Let's not forget hat this is a thread about DSC, the Wadax followers are here mainly to toot their own horn. They started praising that shinny object on the mountain top long before the DCS followers started their own counterattack !;)

Mike and Rudolph will be tooting horns in due course they are just not there yet

Last edited:
Good point. I missed that since I am just responding to latest activity, and not a thread.

Both Mike and Rudolph will be tooting horns in due course they are just not there yet
Like your comment, Ked, but - at least for me - that is unlikely to happen. Once you have listened to my LA’s at my place, you will understand why …;)

Like your comment, Ked, but - at least for me - that is unlikely to happen. Once you have listened to my LA’s at my place, you will understand why …;)

Set up two of your four tables and I will be there in a flash

Let's not forget hat this is a thread about DSC, the Wadax followers are here mainly to toot their own horn. They started praising that shinny object on the mountain top long before the DCS followers started their own counterattack !;)
not true.

@caesar resurrected this 6 month dormant thread a week ago in post #463 and mentioned Wadax.

then the same day @Al M. brought up Wadax in post #466

and off we went......Wadax owners simply responded to points made about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75
not true.

@caesar resurrected this 6 month dormant thread a week ago in post #463 and mentioned Wadax.

then the same day @Al M. brought up Wadax in post #466

and off we went......Wadax owners simply responded to points made about it.
Like so many important modern conflicts, no one remembers who threw the first stone. ;)

Let's not forget hat this is a thread about DCS, the Wadax followers are here mainly to toot their own horn. They started praising that shinny object on the mountain top long before the DCS followers started their own counterattack !;)
actually that is revisionist history but we expect no less LOL

Bonzo I love debates as much as anyone but how do you debate what one person feels is best for them? We hear sounds ( and see colors) differently from one another partly because our brains interpret sounds differently especially complex sounds like music which stimulate both intellectual and emotional centers at the same time. PET scans ( which unfortunately I’ve had many) of brains of musicians and non musicians light up different parts of their brains. Classical music and jazz light up different areas. My brain and your brain will light up differently listening to the same music on the same system. Whose opinion is objectively right? As this neuro chemistry is the source of derived happiness there is no merit in defending or attacking anyone else’s subjective statements about what they prefer. It involves their own specific neuro chemistry. This isn’t valid or transferable to anyone else. We can easily see what measures objectively “better” but this gets into another devisive ASR debate. We can debate design choices and theoretical advantages to them. Horns? Analog? Digital? All fair. We can see construction quality and parts quality fairly objectively. We can comment fairly on customer service and manufacturers reliability. Saying you like one thing better than another is not “ attacking” the other. It’s just sharing what you like which I hope leads to someone else trying it and seeing for themselves.

We can debate design choices and theoretical advantages to them. Horns? Analog? Digital? All fair. We can see construction quality and parts quality fairly objectively. We can comment fairly on customer service and manufacturers reliability.
We can identify attributes too, e.g. vdH, Lyra, Dava have more highs than Koetsu. Which one you like is subjective, but which one has greater highs, greater dynamic range, greater nuance, etc can all be heard and demonstrated. You might feel more moved by the slowest, least nuanced, most rolled off, least dynamic of them but that is the only personal element.

actually that is revisionist history but we expect no less LOL
I am a agnostic, just stand on the sideline and chuckle a little once in awhile !:p

Reactions: Lee
I am a agnostic, just stand on the sideline and chuckle a little once in awhile !:p
I didnt realize this was a religous issue LMAO. I am an an audio...... can't say as they will suspend me haha

David,
I did not listen to Wadax in my home so I can not say anything about it, I listened to dCS many times but I did not listen to vivaldi apex in my home.
I agree some micro information lost in modern dacs but many times the problem is not dac and the digital record has problem.

Did you listened to dCS Vivaldi Apex beside Wadax?
If yes did you use good AAD CD records?

This thread was open by me due to the dCS crisis in 2021.
It is open to discuss any topic related to any brand…. and whether we like it or not, Wadax will be in all discussions about digital reproduction.
Now it is the mirror where every brand looks at... :cool:

• Haha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu