Breaking news from DCS….

This thread was open by me due to the dCS crisis in 2021.
It is open to discuss any topic related to any brand…. and whether we like it or not, Wadax will be in all discussions about digital reproduction.
Now it is the mirror where every brand looks at... :cool:
Oh shit, i stand corrected ! This thread has been a attack on DCS from the Wadax cult right from the beginning ! :eek: Please continue your marketing campaign !:rolleyes:

Reactions: christoph
Regarding Wadax, I sure wish some of the my audiophile buddies who shared these experiences with me would chime in, because it's not as if any one of them put it as politely as I tend to.
I completely agree with your experiences but I'm not going to discuss them here.

Bonzo I love debates as much as anyone but how do you debate what one person feels is best for them? We hear sounds ( and see colors) differently from one another partly because our brains interpret sounds differently especially complex sounds like music which stimulate both intellectual and emotional centers at the same time. As this neuro chemistry is the source of derived happiness there is no merit in defending or attacking anyone else’s subjective statements about what they prefer. It involves their own specific neuro chemistry. This isn’t valid or transferable to anyone else.
Great post. Problem here and in other public forums is that folks may interpret other subjective opinions that are contrary to theirs as a personal attack. Which can become an insult or affront to one's integrity. Then the meaningless bickering begins which can and often does turn downright ugly.

That's why there are so many personal, inappropriate altercations on this site. Childish and immature IMHO.

Some like to "fight" thinking they can persuade the other to agree, which more often than not, is a fruitless, meaningless exercise. Others, dare I say more enlightened, tolerant and understanding of different perspectives, not so much. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lordcloud and Lee
This thread was open by me due to the dCS crisis in 2021.
It is open to discuss any topic related to any brand…. and whether we like it or not, Wadax will be in all discussions about digital reproduction.
Now it is the mirror where every brand looks at... :cool:

From a perspective of those of us who are just observing the industry, as players jockey for position...

Was dCS ever in crisis? Do you have any evidence to support that statement?

Even the usually meek and milquetoast wilson / dcs reviewer, Jason Victor Serinius, had a "when harry met sally" type of orgasm reviewing dcs apex ... yet not a word about wadax from wilson guy Fremer and a former wilson guy, who seems to be able to get anything and everything regardless of price, Heilbrunn.

Sure, dcs replaced the affable John Quick. But they put in place another very professional, a highly respected and experienced individual from wilson audio. HUGE cost savings? probably not

Yet as far as looking in the mirror, how do you feel about the current reality that Wadax has been relegated to secondary, home based dealers, and does not seem to have a place in the most popular North American dealers, that sell tons of wilson, dcs, d'agostino, etc., just the kind of folks that could expose their well-off customers to wadax?

Here's a quote from the vivaldi apex review by Jason Victor Sirinius, Stereophile premier show reporter:

"...If someone were to give me $100 for every review that extols "state-of-the-art" equipment, I'd have enough money to buy a house on the water with a music room fit for a queen. So, rather than falling into that trap, let's talk instead about music.

Recorded music has never sounded as full, rich, flowing, rewarding, and natural as with the Vivaldi Apex. It is rare, in a home listening room, to experience anew the full impact of great orchestral music heard in a concert hall. But the Vivaldi Apex DAC, Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, and Vivaldi Master Clock together have made that possible, repeatedly. I haven't heard every DAC on the market—certainly not in my listening room, where all other variables are known—but nothing I have encountered in stores or at shows has come close to the Vivaldi Apex...."

If the silly clown only added the dcs transport to his stack, how much better it would be then.... :):):)
(what a huge step backwards streaming has been in the hobby)

Guys, it's ok to have different tastes. :)

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
Here's a quote from the vivaldi apex review by Jason Victor Sirinius, Stereophile premier show reporter:

"...If someone were to give me $100 for every review that extols "state-of-the-art" equipment, I'd have enough money to buy a house on the water with a music room fit for a queen. So, rather than falling into that trap, let's talk instead about music.

Recorded music has never sounded as full, rich, flowing, rewarding, and natural as with the Vivaldi Apex. It is rare, in a home listening room, to experience anew the full impact of great orchestral music heard in a concert hall. But the Vivaldi Apex DAC, Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, and Vivaldi Master Clock together have made that possible, repeatedly. I haven't heard every DAC on the market—certainly not in my listening room, where all other variables are known—but nothing I have encountered in stores or at shows has come close to the Vivaldi Apex...."

If the silly clown only added the dcs transport to his stack, how much better it would be then.... :):):)
(what a huge step backwards streaming has been in the hobby)

Guys, it's ok to have different tastes. :)
The last time I trusted stereophile/TAS/… reviews was before 2004.

Reactions: Stereophonic
From a perspective of those of us who are just observing the industry, as players jockey for position...

Was dCS ever in crisis? Do you have any evidence to support that statement?

Even the usually meek and milquetoast wilson / dcs reviewer, Jason Victor Serinius, had a "when harry met sally" type of orgasm reviewing dcs apex ... yet not a word about wadax from wilson guy Fremer and a former wilson guy, who seems to be able to get anything and everything regardless of price, Heilbrunn.

Sure, dcs replaced the affable John Quick. But they put in place another very professional, a highly respected and experienced individual from wilson audio. HUGE cost savings? probably not

Yet as far as looking in the mirror, how do you feel about the current reality that Wadax has been relegated to secondary, home based dealers, and does not seem to have a place in the most popular North American dealers, that sell tons of wilson, dcs, d'agostino, etc., just the kind of folks that could expose their well-off customers to wadax?
Post in thread 'dCS new flagship'
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/dcs-new-flagship.39192/post-988232

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu