David Karmeli’s Bionor/Lamm/AS-2000 Audio System

Hi Carlos,

below photos of the current setup, the Telefunken V69 with the CAT SL-1 preamplifier reveals more of the potential of the Bionor speakers…

Can make a video tomorrow, are you interested in a special piece off music I should play?

Best regards

MichaelView attachment 120721View attachment 120722View attachment 120723

Michael, that is truly a fabulous looking office and system. If you’re taking requests for music for a video, I would love to hear Peggy Lee’s “Fever“, Or anything by Ella Fitzgerald, and a string quartet.

@FLHX84 if it is not too much to ask, what phono cartridge(s) are you using?

Beautiful system!
Hi Solypsa,

on the Garrard 301 in the picture I use an ORTOFON SPU A with spherical needle and Jorgen Schou step up transformers, besides that I use different SPU’s and EMT TSD’s on my EMT’s, for mono GE VR II and various Ortofon and EMT mono systems…

Reactions: MarcelNL
Hi Carlos,

below photos of the current setup, the Telefunken V69 with the CAT SL-1 preamplifier reveals more of the potential of the Bionor speakers…

Can make a video tomorrow, are you interested in a special piece off music I should play?

Best regards

Hi Michael, thanks for the pictures. Great system. Perfect pairing of the V69 amps with the Bionor speakers.

Since you asked for musical suggestions:

These tracks would be of interest to me.

Last edited:
drool....I want an M10a

does the telefunken V69 sport a bass lift like the Klangfilm KL-V 204a i've been using with my Trionor design? bionor drops off below 50-60Hz and this bass lift compensates nicely.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLHX84
Hi Carlos,

Best regards

Phantastic gear:eek:
Only thing i miss is a phono/ ?ine preamp from the past. Neumann WV 2 gain 50/70db switchable full balanced. perfect match in sound for the v69.

Michael, that is truly a fabulous looking office and system.

It certainly redefines the concept of the office PA!

one question; if you had a good sized dedicated room would you have a preference? in other words, which one might have the biggest upside? without lifestyle tradeoffs.

or another speaker in mind for that?

ok to say that's not any interest to you.
Honestly speaking at this present time I have zero compunction to try anything else. The AN/Es do everything I need and to be honest, no one is more surprised than me given their size and simplicity. No adamantium ore metal frame hewn out of the loins of vestial vergins here.
Having said that I would not turn down the opportunity to bring in some vintage horn speakers if the opportunity arose.

Hi Carlos,

Best regards

Michael
Michael , May I suggest that such a lovely looking collection of vintage equipment really deserves a thread dedicated to your system alone , perhaps you might start one and ask a mod to port the relevant posts over to it ?

Michael , May I suggest that such a lovely looking collection of vintage equipment really deserves a thread dedicated to your system alone , perhaps you might start one and ask a mod to port the relevant posts over to it ?
Hi Argonaut,

I'm new here and don't know the habits on WBF, I will ask a mod... In the first place I posted to deliver informations about this pair of Bionor, knowing this forum now a bit better I would like to participate, there's so much knowledge here...

Best regards

Michael

Phantastic gear:eek:
Only thing i miss is a phono/ ?ine preamp from the past. Neumann WV 2 gain 50/70db switchable full balanced. perfect match in sound for the v69.
Hi Stephan,

thank you very much for your kind words, yes, I'm searching this neumann WV 2 nearly desparate but cannot find one... I would modify two Telefunken V87 but they are too rare and scarce now... I own an EMT 133 / Telefunken V83 but that preamp is only mono and integrated in a setup at home in combination with an EMT R80...

Best regards

Michael

Reactions: DasguteOhr
drool....I want an M10a

does the telefunken V69 sport a bass lift like the Klangfilm KL-V 204a i've been using with my Trionor design? bionor drops off below 50-60Hz and this bass lift compensates nicely.
Hi Marcel,

no bass lift in the V69... Nonetheless it works, but below 50 Hz Bionor drops off... There seems to be compensation through the positionning of the baffles but I had to check this more precisely via measurements...

Best regards

Michael

P.S.: Yes, the M10A is a very nice machine but I prefer the T9u... I'll try to restore both to good, working condition...

Last edited:
Hi Stephan,

thank you very much for your kind words, yes, I'm searching this neumann WV 2 nearly desparate but cannot find one... I would modify two Telefunken V87 but they are too rare and scarce now... I own an EMT 133 / Telefunken V83 but that preamp is only mono and integrated in a setup at home in combination with an EMT R80...

Best regards

Michael
My pleasure,
every now and then these devices show up on reverb.com. then it's time to buy. I sold this equipment to someone in Asia and the offer was too good. I'm a little annoyed about it today.:confused:
good idea with the v87,neumann built WV2A at the time so he could listen to the vinyl cut of the LP and see if the quality was good. No matter what you buy in the high-end market today, it sounds different, but not better.

Hi Marcel,

no bass lift in the V69... Nonetheless it works, but below 50 Hz Bionor drops off... There seems to be compensation through the positionning of the baffles but I had to check this more precisely via measurements...

Best regards

Michael

P.S.: Yes, the M10A is a very nice machine but I prefer the T9u... I'll try to get both in good, working condition...
Hi Michael,

Positioning the baffles is very important, and indeed will help bass. I do not think you'll miss a lot since the drop off is gradual below 50Hz. A friend of me is using two KL-L 405's in an open baffle (2x2meter) as full range units and the low end is mind blowing crisp and precise even when it does not make your hair blow back..
Tuning works by ear alone too, work on the distance from the wall first, then space in between the units to obtain a harmonious soundstage and then add the tiniest amount of toe in you can get away with.

Last edited:
Hi Michael,

Positioning the baffles is very important, and indeed will help bass. I do not think you'll miss a lot since the drop off is gradual below 50Hz. A friend of me is using two KL-L 405's in an open baffle (2x2meter) as full range units and the low end is mind blowing crisp and precise even when it does not make your hair blow back..
Tuning works by ear alone too, work on the distance from the wall first, then space in between the units to obtain a harmonious soundstage and then add the tiniest amount of toe in you can get away with.

a friend of mine has these in an apartment that is only 15 feet front to back wall (it is a wide room) and the bass is excellent.

Last edited:
Hi Michael,

But you know that a little more is possible by wiring the bass driver differently in parallel or in series. but only with the first version of bionor. Of course you have to measure it before you switch to terminal A4.02.jpg

But you know that a little more is possible by wiring the bass driver differently in parallel or in series. but only with the first version of bionor. Of course you have to measure it before you switch to terminal A4.View attachment 120746
Hi Stephan,

thank you very much, I own the first version of the Bionor, will check the wiring of the bass drivers... Going deeper into this stuff it's maybe better to open a thread dedicated to the Bionor to collect the specific knowledge about these speakers there...

Best regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

Hi Marcel,

thank you very much for your shared experiences, will move the Bionor's a litte in the next days...

best regards

Michael

Hi Stephan,

thank you very much, I own the first version of the Bionor, will check the wiring of the bass drivers... Going deeper into this stuff it's maybe better to open a thread dedicated to the Bionor to collect the specific knowledge about these speakers there...

Best regards

Michael
Hi Michael,
Wired in series, the first bass acts as a pre-impedance. easier to drive for the amp so you increase overall quality (qts). This means that the bass plays with more sound pressure at its resonance frequency(fs). This means that the decay occurs later at a lower frequency. Unfortunately, as always, there is a disadvantage: the impulse speed becomes slower. Only you can decide whether you still like it.
Cheers
Stephan

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing