David Karmeli’s Bionor/Lamm/AS-2000 Audio System

koda K70, Kondo Gakuon 211 amp
Thanks...what made you prefer the 211? I have never heard either of those amps. Have only heard the Kondos at Audiocrack's, whichever he owns. Very impressive.

Thanks...what made you prefer the 211? I have never heard either of those amps. Have only heard the Kondos at Audiocrack's, whichever he owns. Very impressive.

i have videos on my zero D report. These things have to be heard in person, or if not, on videos.

i have videos on my zero D report. These things have to be heard in person, or if not, on videos.
Thanks... I did see the Kondo in one system and the K70 in another...were both amps ever in the same system?

Thanks... I did see the Kondo in one system and the K70 in another...were both amps ever in the same system?

no.

Hmmm...difficult in a video of any kind, let alone 2 different systems in different rooms. This is the closest I can find...Kondo Kagura v Koda K70...same system.

Hmmm...difficult in a video of any kind, let alone 2 different systems in different rooms. This is the closest I can find...Kondo Kagura v Koda K70...same system.

oh yes I remember these. Here the Koda sounds better than both the Kondo and there is a third video of Goldmund too.

And that pretty much ties on to what Howie found in his room. But Kondo does not sound good on all speakers at all, the speakers sold usually be horns, the Sigma MAAT works, and usually the preamp is required. I have also found the Vitus to sound better than the Kagura on Magico in the same room.

but if we are talking horns, the Kondo would sound like it does on Diesis, bionor or Sigma MAAT on good horns.

Kondo is not harsh but in this video I hear harsh/clipping sound.
those speakers are not match for kondo but this level of harshness is not normal. maybe the kondo is not fully warmed up, maybe there is a mis-match voltage level .maybe ac quality is awful ...

The room also is very small for these speakers.

The test/review/judgment condition should be right, harsh sound has no relation to audio hardware

oh yes I remember these. Here the Koda sounds better than both the Kondo and there is a third video of Goldmund too.

And that pretty much ties on to what Howie found in his room. But Kondo does not sound good on all speakers at all, the speakers sold usually be horns, the Sigma MAAT works, and usually the preamp is required. I have also found the Vitus to sound better than the Kagura on Magico in the same room.

but if we are talking horns, the Kondo would sound like it does on Diesis, bionor or Sigma MAAT on good horns.
That was my sense too, and obviously the best is to hear from Howie himself. Speaker-amp is one of the most important things to get right.
I imagine Audioexotics pairing of Robert Koda K15EX/K160s and the big Divin Majestics (96db efficient?) is done for a reason.

I also did like what I heard at Audiocrack's with his Kondo many years ago.

Last edited:
Kondo is not harsh but in this video I hear harsh/clipping sound.
those speakers are not match for kondo but this level of harshness is not normal. maybe the kondo is not fully warmed up, maybe there is a mis-match voltage level .maybe ac quality is awful ...

The room also is very small for these speakers.

The test/review/judgment condition should be right, harsh sound has no relation to audio hardware
Or the SPL was simply too high and it really was clipping.

David: Vintage JBL/TAD/Siemens horn + Lamm
Kevin: Living Voice Vox Olympian + Kondo 300b

You can ask Kevin (UK) and David (Utah) to visit them and listen to their audio systems.

If you like the sound of an audio system and decide to buy it in my idea it is better to buy both amplifier and speaker.

Great suggestion, especially considering that this is Ron's visit thread to Utah to hear David Karmeli's Bionor/Lamm system from last January.

Reactions: Amir
That was my sense too, and obviously the best is to hear from Howie himself. Speaker-amp is one of the most important things to get right.
I imagine Audioexotics pairing of Robert Koda K15EX/K160s and the big Divin Majestics (96db efficient?) are done for a reason.

I did like what I heard at Audiocrack's many years ago.

he did end up that time with koda for a brief while and has made some comments on that thread. After that he sold off the Gobbel, went to tannoy Westminster, and now audionote speakers and electronics

he did end up that time with koda for a brief while and has made some comments on that thread. After that he sold off the Gobbel, went to tannoy Westminster, and now audionote speakers and electronics

Gobel Divin Noblesse --> Tannoy Westminster --> Audio Note

o_O

That sure doesn't fit any of my loudspeaker theories!

Kedar, do you know what his thought process was with these swaps? What was he dissatisfied with, and where was trying to get to?

Last edited:

Is he a dealer? He raved about the Gobbel. I'm surprised he moved on so soon, and also with the Westminster.

Is he a dealer? He raved about the Gobbel. I'm surprised he moved on so soon, and also with the Westminster.

oh no not a dealer

• Haha
Reactions: howiebrou

o_O

Fits mine, not that I like AN E but the philosophy does fit. For larger scale music especially and smaller scale

o_O

Kedar, do you know what his thought process was with these swaps? What was he dissatisfied with, and where was trying to get to?
also, room size and tendency toward large scale music or smaller is real. and amp preference and then which speaker is best. so hard to assume any particular decision path. he would have to articulate his reasonings.

ROI on the Noblesse would be lessened in a smallish room. so maybe you change your path. no obvious absolutes. and is he actually happier now than where he started? fair question.

would Ked interpret this as 'NLF'?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick
Fits mine, not that I like AN E but the philosophy does fit. For larger scale music especially and smaller scale
Do you know what his thought process was with these swaps? What was he dissatisfied with, and where was trying to get to?

Do you know what his thought process was with these swaps? What was he dissatisfied with, and where was trying to get to?

you should ask him.

o_O

I get that very large Gobbel and very large Tannoys may not work in his room (wondering who was giving advice to him on this if at all) but to AN E I would not have gone. Something like a middle sized Diesis would have been interesting and around the same sensitivity as an AN E.

Great suggestion, especially considering that this is Ron's visit thread to Utah to hear David Karmeli's Bionor/Lamm system from last January.
Dear Peter,

I do not know how long does it take but I am sure I will see you and David in Utah

Reactions: PeterA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing