Entreq Tellus grounding

Ugc

Mar 7, 2022
Your mono amps are both connected to their own tellus connection? Not sharing with other devices?
Yes ? connected the monos to the silver tellus .
I connected it to the same silver tellus on other devices( dac pre amp streamer router and 2x receivu)

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Yes ? connected the monos to the silver tellus .
I connected it to the same silver tellus on other devices( dac pre amp streamer router and 2x receivu)
If you are trying to resolve the hum problem, disconnect all devices from the Tellus, except the two Mono amps, and see if the problem goes away. If yes, then add new devices 1 by 1 until you determine what is the cause.

In my view, the amps should both use one grounding post each. Nothing else should be connected to them.

Reactions: Ugc

Ugc

Mar 7, 2022
? tried today , the problem is in the pre amp. Hum sounds when pre and mono amp are connected at the same time ( only left amp.)
V?z?lt? sorunlardaki sorunlar çözülememi?seniz, Mono amfi hariç tüm cihazlar Tellus'tan ve iki yolda çözülmedi?ine bak?n. Ürünlerinizin ürünlerinize, ürünlerinize ne kadar uygundur.

Benim görü?üme göre, amfilerin onu de birer topraklama dire?i kullan?lmamal?d?r. onlara ba?ka hiçbir ?ey üretemedi
V?z?lt? sorunlar? sorunlar? çözememi?seniz, Mono amfi hariç tüm cihazlar Tellus'tan ve iki yolda çözülmedi?ine bak?n. Ürünlerinizin ürünlerinize, ürünlerinize ne kadar uygundur.

Benim görü?üme göre, amfilerin onu de birer topraklama dire?i kullan?lmamal?d?r. onlara ba?ka hiçbir ?ey üretemedi

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
? tried today , the problem is in the pre amp. Hum sounds when pre and mono amp are connected at the same time ( only left amp.)
You have only 4 grounding posts on your Tellus. 2 of them can be used for the mono amps, you should be able to use the remaining two for pre-amp or other devices. I would not ground anything else with the mono amps, keep them by themselves.

Is this your Entreq? If this is your unit you really should should not use it for grounding your amps.

Brave Browser Clipping (2?41?07 PM).jpg

Last edited:

Ugc

Mar 7, 2022
Hello , i have the old non infinity version ( silver tellus)
I don’t make neg speaker poe grounding .
Entreq connected to the ground screw of the monos.

You have only 4 grounding posts on your Tellus. 2 of them can be used for the mono amps, you should be able to use the remaining two for pre-amp or other devices. I would not ground anything else with the mono amps, keep them by themselves.

Is this your Entreq? If this is your unit you really should should not use it for grounding your amps.

View attachment 100344

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
When grounding your amp which has a bigger impact, the negative speaker terminals or rca/xlr. I currently have the negative speaker terminal and wanted to hear from those of you who have done both and which had the greater impact.
id like to try both at the same time but currently limited funds prevent this.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
When grounding your amp which has a bigger impact, the negative speaker terminals or rca/xlr. I currently have the negative speaker terminal and wanted to hear from those of you who have done both and which had the greater impact.
id like to try both at the same time but currently limited funds prevent this.
I believe you need to ground your power, or power conditioner as a starting point.

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
Done along with dac, server, switch, fmc, amp. My dac, server, switch, fmc are all chassis ground and source ground. I’d like to chassis ground and source ground my amp but funds are limited that’s why I pose the question here for those who have tried both on there amp which produced the greatest effect.

Ugc

Mar 7, 2022
Hello again
I want to buy another entreq ground box
Which box would u recommend
Another silver tellus ( 2x silver tellus) or
Atlantis tellus ( connected to silver tellus)

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
Does anyone happen to know if the Entreq grounding effect resets when you power off a Entreq grounded power conditioner? i.e. You are starting from scratch after each power on?

I'm uncertain but it seems like to me that is the case, looking for confirmation.
I won't say the Entreq grounding effect reset after your Entreq grounded power conditioner has been powered off and on. All electronic components need time to warm up again after powered on, so you can't blame on the Entreq. I never turned off my equipment including my active speakers. If any component has been powered off, I will wait two days before I listen to my system again. That is just me.

Reactions: HK Panda

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
I was not sure what you meant by you tried to use a second Triton in you system but didn't like it. Do you mean you tried to use two Tritons to ground your power conditioner, one chassis, and one ground plug?

I've grounded now both the power ground using the WS special Apollo cable, and I rigged one of the Nano Apollo cables for chassis ground, and that seemed to help the sound quality.
I grounded my power conditioner with a Triton with excellent result. I then added a second Triton to replace the Infinity Apollo for my pre with the Triton and it thrown the music off balance in that some aspects were better while other aspects were worse. Since the pre is the second most importance component to benefit from grounding, I may get a better result if I use the second Triton at my source but I didn't bother to try that way.

I am sure the result will be better if I used two Infinity Apollo ground cables to ground my power conditioner. It seems the Triton is a very powerful ground cable and one is enough for my whole system.

Reactions: HK Panda

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
Done along with dac, server, switch, fmc, amp. My dac, server, switch, fmc are all chassis ground and source ground. I’d like to chassis ground and source ground my amp but funds are limited that’s why I pose the question here for those who have tried both on there amp which produced the greatest effect.
Since all components are designed differently so you will need to do the testing yourself to find out what is best for you. Just remove a couple of ground cables somewhere and try it on the amp. Should be very easy for you to try.

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
Hello again
I want to buy another entreq ground box
Which box would u recommend
Another silver tellus ( 2x silver tellus) or
Atlantis tellus ( connected to silver tellus)
I would recommend you to buy the newer Infinity box or the latest boxes with Tungsten. Those are much improved products over the 10 years old original Silver Tellus. Don't waste money on the Atlantis Tellus with all the better boxes available now.

Which particular model to buy really depend on your budget and if you want to keep the Silver Tellus or not. It also depends on if you want to ground the negative speaker outputs of your amp or not in the future.

Reactions: Ugc

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I grounded my power conditioner with a Triton with excellent result. I then added a second Triton to replace the Infinity Apollo for my pre with the Triton and it thrown the music off balance in that some aspects were better while other aspects were worse. Since the pre is the second most importance component to benefit from grounding, I may get a better result if I use the second Triton at my source but I didn't bother to try that way.

I am sure the result will be better if I used two Infinity Apollo ground cables to ground my power conditioner. It seems the Triton is a very powerful ground cable and one is enough for my whole system.
Interesting.

I had not given a lot of thought about grounding both chassis and the mains of the power conditioner, but they are indeed two separate things. I have two Apollos connected to the PC that is powering the LPS and Music Server. Interesting that the Apollo connected to mains plug is grounded via the Olympus Tungsten T, while the the chassis is grounded to a Chinese ground box. I tried using a Entreq Macro infinity box, but it was too aggressive sounding. Using the Entreq copper cable was more pleasant, but a bit too soft. The Apollo with the Chinese ground box gave a better balance, It does appear you can have too much grounding resulting in a more analytical sound.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
My holiday gift to myself has arrived, took about 5 weeks to get. New Triton Eartha Power ground cable, and some Vibbeater Apollo Tungstens.

Can't want to try them out.

new gift.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My holiday gift to myself has arrived, took about 5 weeks to get. New Triton Eartha Power ground cable, and some Vibbeater Apollo Tungstens.

Can't want to try them out.

View attachment 101382
Congrats and enjoy...look forward to your thoughts on both.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Congrats and enjoy...look forward to your thoughts on both.

No doubt that the Triton is a step up from the Apollo. The timber and nuances of the instruments became more real and natural. I believe I am also hearing more subtle things in the background as well. This is all with just a few hours of the Triton being in place. The Vibbeaters will take more time to see where they benefit the most.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I had some more time to play with the Vibbeaters and as others have said before, they work well on top of the Entreq ground boxes. Adding one of the Ultra Apollos on top of the Olympus Ten T, resulted in more body in the presentation. I only have the Ultra's now, so I don't think they will do much for my Pluton, but I will be testing on the Olympus Infinity T perhaps tonight. Probably will need to get more and some Mini and or Midi sizes.

Reactions: Barry2013

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
For those that have purchased Vibbeater and put them on top of your Entreq ground boxes, what size did you use? I'm trying to decide which size to go with. Entreq Asia suggests Mini, or Midi size.

Labpro

Apr 13, 2020
Boston
You guys are way ahead of me, but I'm trying to learn about properly grounding for chassis and signal.

I currently only have a small Silver Minimus Entreq box and Eartha cable connected to my Shindo preamp. I forget which upgraded wooden knob I have, but its not the new Peak 4.

When I got this little Silver Minimus, it made a nice improvement in sound quality, so I haven't touched it for several years.

I am planning to make a reasonable investment (whatever that is, anymore - perhaps $5K) in a grounding solution......or perhaps partial grounding solution for $5K?

I would love an answer to imtimbabb's question......When I power down my system, does my Silver Minimum also "shut down."

I have noticed that after an hour of listening, things begin to improve. Perhaps its the Entreq box waking up? I just assumed it was a preamp transformer warming up.

Also, someone in this thread suggested starting with the ground on my Torus AVR Power Conditioner.

Can my little Silver Minimus handle a large power conditioner or do I need a larger Entreq box to hear any affect? My whole system only draws 1.9 amps.

Since I'm just getting started I won't bore everyone with all my questions. If there is an Enteq dealer on this thread, perhaps we could chat off line.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing