Ethernet Switch for only one component?

Sounds interesting to me. I made similar good experiences with the chain (Standard)-Router => Ediscreation FB extreme => Ediscreation Silent Switch OCXO => Antipodes Streamer. I switched off WiFi and DECT in my Router and use some optimized internal adjustments with respect to high end audio. So far so good. For me is the main question would a NA Muon deliver really significant improvements in addition to my chain? And should it be an option to go further with the Taiko router, for example? As far as I am right, the Taiko router has its own WiFi and just one task: to keep net disturbances out of the following system. I could not find positive infos from people who operate the Taiko in a non-Taiko world of audio gear. One more question, I see you have the Firebird LPS. How is it connected?
The Muon made a discernible difference in my system.
The Firebird is connected to my EdisCreation Switch and Firebox.
I would ask Edison about using the Taiko or other audiophile routers..

The Muon made a discernible difference in my system.
The Firebird is connected to my EdisCreation Switch and Firebox.
I would ask Edison about using the Taiko or other audiophile routers..
I am confused because my Ediscreation Switch and Firebox have 220V sockets. How do you connect the SW and the FB? Is it an older version which had DC sockets?

Attachments

• fiberbox2.jpg
    fiberbox2.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 7
... thanks - sounds great to - many things to try out... :)
Since connection user here. High quality clock, very sensible price from UK (£489). They also sell external PSU, I got a linear power supply from MCRU for about £200.

No money wasted on fancy casework. Comes in the Cisco box.

Brent would likely accept a return if you weren't happy.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69
I am confused because my Ediscreation Switch and Firebox have 220V sockets. How do you connect the SW and the FB? Is it an older version which had DC sockets?
There is a DC version and an AC version of the Silent Switch and FiberBox. I own the DC Extreme and the AC standard versions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing