Good mid-price audiophile switches

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
100Mbps is all I need but I can see there are advantages to 1G and even 10G for some.
I appreciate your understanding. I am sure I don't "need" a 10G pipe to my NAS, but I will probably take a step by pursuing 2.5gbps span between the Macs I use to process my music and my NAS.

audiobomber

Oct 13, 2020
Sudbury ON, Canada
In post #470 of this thread, I reported on a shoot-out with the LHY SW-10. I have edited the post to remove the results of this test, as it has come to my attention that I may have tested the LHY with a 10GTek SFP instead of the Finisar. I apologize to anyone who read the post and to LHY for my carelessness.

Hopefully I will be able to redo the comparisons in the future. My opinion at this time remains what it was when I had the LHY in-house for a week. Either the EtherRegen or SW-10 can sound best, depending on ancillaries (power supply, AC and DC cables, fuse, clock, system synergy and personal preference).

Reactions: NigelB

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
After a good year with Edisons audio switch and a bit less with fiberbox2 I've decided to send them back to HK and get them ready to be power supplied by Firebird LPS. I always stress the human touch and communication,, and this with Edison is just absolutely exemplary. Units were ready in about two weeks and shipped back so for the last almost a month I've been using those goodies with a smile on my face.
So in nutshell, what was already good with this setup was elevated to another heights with the addition of LPS. Overall music flow, darker background, musicality. I did not notice any major diff in for example deeper bass or better treble/mids but the sheer palpability of presentation is something I look for so the entire exercise was very well worth. IMG_2393.jpeg
P.S. I've also took opportunity to get the additional creation from Edison - his reference USB cable and this will be described in the separate thread...

Last edited:

Gene 15352

Feb 18, 2013
Canada
Beautiful set up! I'll be ordering my Ediscreation Switch in the Spring to compliment my Firebox II. I sure hope adding the switch will improve matters even more.

Reactions: Golum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing