Good mid-price audiophile switches

I was in your situation and bought the fibrebox.. I intended to a/b with and without but once I put it in it stayed along with switch
Friends have since bought the fibre box as a stand alone .. it's a clear improvement

Phil
Thank you very much. A clear improvement would be great.

I own several versions of the Silent Switch and Fiber Box. I also have an Antipodes K50 and use Sablon ethernet and digital cables and use a Muon filter into the K50. Adding the Fiber Box was a clear improvement in the sound. I also upgraded my power cord on the K50 from Transparent G5 XL to Opus and again there was a clear improvement in the sound. Adding the Fiber Box improved the clarity, openness and presence of the sound. Upgrading the power cord added more weight, extension and depth to the sound. Adding the Fiber Box will improve what you already hear. Power cords will change the sound of what you hear. I tested a number of different power cords before settling on the Opus.
Thanks for your reply. Exactly what I wanted to hear and I understand what you mean. I will be ordering the Fibre Box and will check with Edison if its prudent to send my Silent Switch back fior an update as its the earlier version.

I did find the power cable crucial in regard to the Silent Switch's performance.

The new version of SWITCH and FIREBOX are so much better than previous version. Stunning effect TBH

The new version of SWITCH and FIREBOX are so much better than previous version. Stunning effect TBH
Yes, on paper it looks like quite an improvement. But you haven't heard it as of yet?

Yes, on paper it looks like quite an improvement. But you haven't heard it as of yet?
I upgraded from the Extreme dc versions of the SIlent Switch and Fiber Box to the latest versions. The ability to sync the clock in both components and the new feet make the music more lifelike. I use the FireBox LPS to power both. I thought it was a worthwhile upgrade. I got an extra set of the new feet and replaced the feet on my LAMM LP2 and there was an immediate improvement in dynamics. I was using IsoAcoustics pucks under the existing LP2 feet.

Reactions: Gene 15352
My friend bought them (extreme version) last month and we had a shoot out with melco double switch, cos, ansuz d3 vs New edicreation switch and firebox. Also mixed and matched with different lan filters (network acoustic muon, sotm..) and different lan cables.

I will borrow them to my house to battle my sotm + cybershaft + taiko
1728609391791.png

Reactions: Gene 15352
Please keep us posted on your findings.

Thanks for your reply. Exactly what I wanted to hear and I understand what you mean. I will be ordering the Fibre Box and will check with Edison if its prudent to send my Silent Switch back fior an update as its the earlier version.

I did find the power cable crucial in regard to the Silent Switch's performance.
Fibre Box ordered this evening after short discussion with Edison.
Good result when the least expensive path is the one recommended by the builder/designer.

Presuming the Fibre Box will be just as sensitive to power cables as the Silent Switch……

Reactions: pjwd
Fibre Box ordered this evening after short discussion with Edison.
Good result when the least expensive path is the one recommended by the builder/designer.

Presuming the Fibre Box will be just as sensitive to power cables as the Silent Switch……
So Edison recommended that you didn't need the Silent Switch?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu