Hana Umami Red vs Etsuro Urushi Cobalt Blue

myrman

Aug 30, 2016
Has anyone had the chance to directly compare the two. I currently use a Hana Red so am familiar with that but have yet to hear an Etsuro. Im not aware of any UK dealers stocking the Etsuro line so my chances of an audition are limited.

Hi Nick. Try Mik at Unique Audio - he is/was the UK distributor for Etsuro. The Cobalt is excellent BTW.

Reactions: sujay and myrman
Hi Nick. Try Mik at Unique Audio - he is/was the UK distributor for Etsuro. The Cobalt is excellent BTW.
Thanks Pete. I did see post somewhere from someone who who bought one from Mik but I think that may have been a few years ago and he doesn't mention them or Hana for that matter on his website.

Reactions: myrman
Have you seen this comparison ‘’Shakti’’ made?

Thanks that's really useful. I'm definitely liking what @shakti has to say regarding the Cobalt Blue.

Actually I bought the Cobalt Blue myself, partly based on Shakti’s comparion. I have not hear the Hana - Red, so I don’t have anything to add on the comparison. What I can say is, that I have been dealing with Shakti several times, and I found him both very experienced and honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: myrman

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing