Hi all, just another CH Precision fan.

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
Finally decided to join, as previously I didn't see how I could possibly contribute and add something useful to the knowledge you guys are displaying here. But as there were some questions about the speaker set up (gryphon Pendragons) I decided to join, and provide my experience with the set-up. For those interested, you may see some pictures of my set-up in the Gryphon Thread generated by PKN some time ago.

Cheers,
Han

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I saw your photo in Gryphon thread.
Congrats.

And start to save some money to buy 2 X1 for L1 and C1

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
I saw your photo in Gryphon thread.
Congrats.

And start to save some money to buy 2 X1 for L1 and C1

First I will upgrade to the HD cards for the C1/D1 (already ordered). Next year will add a T1 as well. Only 1 additional X1 will come in due time. An X1 can be fitted with 2 power output boards.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Is a big step but is good to do sometimes and enjoy step by step
Also I and my friend has X1 with 2 board
We tried in our system 2 X1 and really are much better than one with 2 board
Our next step is to buy one X1 without board

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
yeah, the good part is that I can build the system step by step. I have been advised that I should upgrade as per the above mentioned sequence. Later I will see if I take one or two additional X1 units.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
You can take one with 2 board and second step another X1 without board because you have 2 and can transfer one to second X1,its very simple

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
That is an option indeed...

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I am also considering upgrading my C1 with the new HD board and then adding either a USB card or Ethernet Card. I need to decide which server I am likely to get and what output will give the best sound.

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
I'll let you know in due time about my findings on the HD upgrade. Based on info from a reliable source, the improvement should be significant. Possibly in 2-3 weeks time I'll have the new boards installed.

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
Hi all, some time ago I wrote that I would report on the use of the D1/C1 HD upgrade boards. I have been listening to the new set-up for a while now, and can only regret.....that I haven't done this earlier. I now write here to alert all the D1/C1 users to seriously consider this upgrade, as indeed the improvement is so easy to confirm when listening. I mean, we may all have read the published reviews, and realize that we need to be skeptical when reading the raving outcomes of such reviews...
Well, I can confirm that from a user point of view, I can comment and confirm that this upgrade is "cheap" given the improvement you will get. In fact, you will get a near spectacular improvement, just sit back and smile. I had a similar experience when I did the M1 to M1.1 upgrade, so it's really very audible. If asked to provide details on the improvement, I find it hard to start somewhere, but for sure the transparency, dynamics and sound stage have all improved. The singer stands a little more forward, so stepping a little more in front of the rest of the musicians. Of course, nothing is cheap when trying to get to the "highest end", and one may argue that for the price of the upgrade, it is possible to buy a complete stereo set up, however the listening experience won't be the same. (luckily). So, to make a long story short, the HD Boards are an absolute must for the D1/C1 owners. It will be impossible to regret. Next step (somewhere next year) I will add a T1, hoping to further refine the overall experience. I will let you know in due time. For now all the best to all of you and your loved ones for the coming year,

Cheers,
Han.

Reactions: CKKeung

dark cloud

Jan 9, 2020
Hello everybody. I am new here in the forum and would like to share my experiences with you in the future after I have learned a lot here. :)

The DIG_IN HD Board Upgrade and the Ethernet_IN HD Board have been ordered and are to replace the old boards. With the new Ethernet_IN HD Board, the USB connection from my NUC / ROCK / Roon to C1 is no longer necessary. I'm looking forward to the sound differences in my system, especially from the change from USB to Ethernet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing