I bought Focal Stella Utopia Evo, but...

Jongsun

Mar 5, 2021
The dealer accused me of attempted blackmail, obstruction of business, contempt and defamation.
I'm speechless.
Focal offered to exchange for a different color model, but I refused.
Why should I use a color that I don't even like?
Nothing has been done since then.
Even if I send an email, the ceo doesn't read it.
It's their signature model.
I don't want to use Focal anymore.

Reactions: dcathro

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
The dealer accused me of attempted blackmail, obstruction of business, contempt and defamation.
I'm speechless.
Focal offered to exchange for a different color model, but I refused.
Why should I use a color that I don't even like?
Nothing has been done since then.
Even if I send an email, the ceo doesn't read it.
It's their signature model.
I don't want to use Focal anymore.
I feel for you as this has happened to me before.

Reactions: Echos and Jongsun

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
In my case, it's not a PSU problem.
They removed the woofer of the new product and replaced the diode twice, but failed to repair it.
They said they couldn't repair it.
They don't even have stock, so give me a refund, but they say I broke it.
Cannot understand the dealer’s logic. If it’s within warranty period, just change it :rolleyes:

Reactions: FDPDK and Jongsun

Jongsun

Mar 5, 2021
Cannot understand the dealer’s logic. If it’s within warranty period, just change it :rolleyes:
They need to refund because they don't have the same product.
They sued me, let alone a refund, so it's really ridiculous.

Jongsun

Mar 5, 2021
Its a very strange behaviour from a dealer / Focal as they should know that the word will spread and in the affect the trust and sale.
I wish the best to you.
I think they're confident that this kind of incident won't affect Focal's sales.
Thank you

Jongsun

Mar 5, 2021
In this case, a large company will try to solve it quietly, but a small store in the neighborhood can avoid responsibility.
I'm afraid to buy audio now.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
In this case, a large company will try to solve it quietly, but a small store in the neighborhood can avoid responsibility.
I'm afraid to buy audio now.
I was afraid to buy hifi and actually sold all my system at one stage.when you find a good dealer everything will be ok.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Once you get into megabuck gear the dealer is so important. When I think of big speakers I think of Genesis as Gary seems to be hands on with his products and the market. Wilson speakers seem to get top marks in customer service and long term customer support of old parts.

Reactions: Jongsun

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
You will win to Jongsun because the customer is always right.
I have not investigated this thread entirely so my next statement is not to the op but to your statement. Without question the customer definitely is not always right. Been around this block too many times, but when they are they are.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing