I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

Today was the last the day with Tang and we all know that he's a cool guy but in person Mr. Tang is even cooler than Steve McQueen!

Coming back to my home of 13 years after nearly 19 years been an interesting experience, among the multi-level sky train tracks and skyline competing with any ASEAN city the Thai people remain resilient and innovative as ever. Bangkok's a 24/7 city with things going on in every inch of the city, entrepreneurship must be in the Thai DNA because they define it. I love to see that nothing besides the skyline has changed in Bangkok!

Audio wise, Tang's got a great system which performs at an extremely high level, the AS-2000 is in the right home! It's always nice to discover something new, Jonathan Carr's wonderful Lyra sounded amazing from the first second leaving the cartridges in it's dust, great synergy there with the AS2000 and the SME 3012-R but the unexpected sleeper for me was the Opus, very different than the Lyra in every way but what a great cartridge, I loved it!

Thank you Tang for the bami & the great company!

david

Dear David,

Life takes its own turn. People can walk past each other everyday...yet never bother to even glance at one another...not a word of hello.. not to mention becoming a friend. But here we are... living in different continent, yet we met...shared laughs and exchanged valuable life experiences. This is to me is precious. Destiny striked on us. Let’s join ride together. I think there are many more laugh and joy along the way. Really appreciate a friendship you are giving me.

Don’t go around doing anything naughty :D

Tang

(...) Audio wise, Tang's got a great system which performs at an extremely high level, the AS-2000 is in the right home! It's always nice to discover something new, Jonathan Carr's wonderful Lyra sounded amazing from the first second leaving the cartridges in it's dust, great synergy there with the AS2000 and the SME 3012-R but the unexpected sleeper for me was the Opus, very different than the Lyra in every way but what a great cartridge, I loved it!

Thank you Tang for the bami & the great company!

david

Great to read from your travel - I hope we will have more details. Can I ask what model of Lyra? The Atlas?

Dear David,

Life takes its own turn. People can walk past each other everyday...yet never bother to even glance at one another...not a word of hello.. not to mention becoming a friend. But here we are... living in different continent, yet we met...shared laughs and exchanged valuable life experiences. This is to me is precious. Destiny striked on us. Let’s join ride together. I think there are many more laugh and joy along the way. Really appreciate a friendship you are giving me.

Don’t go around doing anything naughty :D

Tang

One of the best posts I've read in a very long time.

Still a few more in Asia before US deliveries, so Chris remains the lone wolf at home!
david

This is an amazing very expensive turntable. No famous reviewers needed. Just the credibility of the maker, the goodness of product itself and the power of internet. In Thailand alone there are three..possibly four if there is any left to buy. With my Kronos, AF1P and EMT 927, I put efforts in examining how each sounds and differ. But with AS it takes me no efforts and a short time to understand its sound. The AS is just on another plane imo although David said the 927 is its peer. I find both AS and EMT have no or very little character of its own. Very very effortless. It doesn’t has as speed accuracy as what the Monaco seems to rule so I am actually wondering if you really need the speed to be that accurate to the last fraction. And now I no longer want to find out what a dd has to offer. Both Christian and I were interested in Artisan Fidelity Technic at one point. Two things I find the AS better than my 927. I am saying “my” because this is a 50+ years tt with refurbishment. One is the AS has better resolution and clarity. Second the AS has this incredible nuances, decay and timing that make music especially on vocal and sounds so realistic. It is almost like you can hear things in slow motion at speed correct 33 or 45. To be honest, I initially thought that the AS would just be another flavor. But It turns out to be like Christian described...the AS just gives you “music.”

Tang :)

This is an amazing very expensive turntable. No famous reviewers needed. Just the credibility of the maker, the goodness of product itself and the power of internet. In Thailand alone there are three..possibly four if there is any left to buy. With my Kronos, AF1P and EMT 927, I put efforts in examining how each sounds and differ. But with AS it takes me no efforts and a short time to understand its sound. The AS is just on another plane imo although David said the 927 is its peer. I find both AS and EMT have no or very little character of its own. Very very effortless. It doesn’t has as speed accuracy as what the Monaco seems to rule so I am actually wondering if you really need the speed to be that accurate to the last fraction. And now I no longer want to find out what a dd has to offer. Both Christian and I were interested in Artisan Fidelity Technic at one point. Two things I find the AS better than my 927. I am saying “my” because this is a 50+ years tt with refurbishment. One is the AS has better resolution and clarity. Second the AS has this incredible nuances, decay and timing that make music especially on vocal and sounds so realistic. It is almost like you can hear things in slow motion at speed correct 33 or 45. To be honest, I initially thought that the AS would just be another flavor. But It turns out to be like Christian described...the AS just gives you “music.”

Well said Tang. Now you need to start an SPU collection...costs little for great musical satisfaction....:D

Well said Tang. Now you need to start an SPU collection...costs little for great musical satisfaction....:D

I am finished and done with hardware. Now I will go for better quality vinyls like you. Let’s see about SPU later.

Tang

All in good time Tang...resistance is feudal:D

But there is always room for more carts :eek:.

And just asked my dealer for the price of Ballfinger LoL.

Tang

But there is always room for more carts :eek:.

And just asked my dealer for the price of Ballfinger LoL.

Tang

The thing about SPU's...you don't need to spend over $2,000 (Anniversary models) and even less for vintage for a world class carts. What other carts are that economical from Lyra, Koetsu, Opus, ect ? More spice in the spice rack expands your horizons...;)

Dear Tang,

I have no doubts that the AS2000 is in a superior class to the EMT 927, but also the price! :) Just by curiosity, what type of refurbishment got your EMT 927?

Dear Tang,

I have no doubts that the AS2000 is in a superior class to the EMT 927, but also the price! :) Just by curiosity, what type of refurbishment got your EMT 927?

I only know it was converted from a mono configuration ~50 years ago. And I don’t know what else Hans van Vliet did. Several under the plinth parts are different from what David have seen in his.

Kind regards,
Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing