I saw an auction on AudiogoN that got me thinking - what about you?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I think it’s hilarious. And Mike’s right, it’s way more fun than any measurement thread, even if I started it.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Well ... we have had "Magic Pebbles", "Shakti Stone", Harmonix Kombat, "Intelligent chip, "Black Body" and a longer list that I would care to write .. just one more product.. S0me people will likely find that it increases the resolution and widen the sounstage and ...
I have the feeling that the sellers will likely recoup their entire investment with only one purchase of any single of these 'accessories" ... All they need is that for someone with some audiophile creds to declare this the next big thing so.. Why not? We will continue to see many more of such products

FWIW, I think that the thread about measurements was interesting

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
It's a tool used by objectivists to separate the truly wacko from the merely delusional.

Of course, it could utilize alien ESP to channel the original performance, but you would have to use the even more expensive alien anal probe add on.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
New products for October? Can't wait for November's collection! $1,500 for a ROCK? Why didn't I think of this!

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Straight off, I can think of a reason why these can have an effect: RCA connectors, especially the female kind, sorry :D!!, are absolute dogs in terms of their structural and hence electrical integrity. A weight, which is all that this stone is, close to where the real connections are being made alters the level and type of vibration being experienced by the friction contacts, and the sound changes ...

A good example of something seemingly totally wacko in fact causing a genuine physical or electrical change, and hence why this whole industry needs a good shakeup, to get some real understanding into the equation.

Frank

Angela

WBF Technical Expert
May 24, 2010
Conifer, Colorado
It's a tool used by objectivists to separate the truly wacko from the merely delusional.

Of course, it could utilize alien ESP to channel the original performance, but you would have to use the even more expensive alien anal probe add on.

HA! I think you have summed it all up in your reply and your final add-on requires that I add this video

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Seriously, this is the kind of "snake oil" that continues to cause great harm to this industry.
Again, what is really causing harm to the industry is the fact that it doesn't attempt to determine what is really causing the genuine, subtle variations in sound to occur when nonsensical and semi-nonsensical things are varied. Sorry, from my point of view all the wierdo cable configurations and the explanations for why they "work" are in the same category as alien ESP.

Frank

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Angela-Does anyone think this just might be a spoof? I went to their website and all I could think is they are having some yuks with all of this nonsense. And actually, it is funny if you don't take it seriously. And if there is anyone on this forum that has actually bought one or more of these products, please speak up.

Mark

caesar

May 30, 2010
Don't knock it until you try it! Galileo was not really popular with the Church and fellow scientists when he proposed the earth was not at the center of the universe.

caesar

May 30, 2010
All I know is that they had an auction on AudiogoN with 10 bidders and final sale price of $163

These folks, at least, have an open mind to try something new. Everything in this hobby makes a difference.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Yes, but many of us have concluded that it is expectation bias, or other stuff in your mind, which is quite complex, and maybe we actually can fool ourselves when we want to.

Tom

Quite true. But some of us perceive real improvements with tweaks.

caesar

May 30, 2010
.. final sale price of $163

$163 maybe a lot of money, but it is peanuts in this hobby. Some people pay thousands for cables. Heck, there are cables that cost more than a bmw. If you got the money and the passion, why not?

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
The key thing is that tweaks can be cheap as dirt, I just typically play with materials lying around the house; when the system's working at a very decent level the use of such objects easily demonstrates how fragile really good sound is, the slightest disturbance, addition or removal can make a seemingly huge difference ...

Frank

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing