iFi audio ZEN Stream - The Official Thread

dnnaudio

Aug 3, 2021
If I run ethernet wire from switch to Stream I would not have router issues as the laptop also connects to the switch, local traffic betwwen the two won’t even touch the router.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
ok. So what does' a switch do?
I like to think about switches as simpler routers without Wi-Fi.

@jmendes, great advice! As a previous user of Audirvana I have made a full transition into Roon. I like it much more.

@dnnaudio as long as your Wi-Fi is good, you shouldn't encounter any issues.
So, I had answered my own question. I remember using one before I went wireless.
Thanks.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

Edpaul

Dec 1, 2022
New here today, very useful thread. I got a Zen Stream and a Zen DAC Sig V2 set up via wi-fi, and I’m enjoying RadioX London but I have some noob questions:
1. How do I play Tidal? When I switch from AIO to Tidal the set-up sequence kicks in.
2. What kind of usb formatting does the Stream recognize?
It‘s great to see such great support here from iFi. Thanks in advance for any help…

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
New here today, very useful thread. I got a Zen Stream and a Zen DAC Sig V2 set up via wi-fi, and I’m enjoying RadioX London but I have some noob questions:
1. How do I play Tidal? When I switch from AIO to Tidal the set-up sequence kicks in.
2. What kind of usb formatting does the Stream recognize?
It‘s great to see such great support here from iFi. Thanks in advance for any help…
Hi :)
1. To play Tidal you need to use Tidal app on your phone and select the iFi's Streamer as an output device there. Please refer to this video:
2. FAT32 is a given. I need to consult the RND about the other formatting methods.
Best

Edpaul

Dec 1, 2022
Hi :)
1. To play Tidal you need to use Tidal app on your phone and select the iFi's Streamer as an output device there. Please refer to this video:
2. FAT32 is a given. I need to consult the RND about the other formatting methods.
Best
Thanks for your helpful reply. I downloaded Tidal to my MacBook Air, played music, and the output icon appeared. Tap, and all good! Also, I loaded some ALAC files onto a Seagate Backup Plus portable drive, formatted exFAT, connected to USB in on the ZS, and it worked just fine. Thanks again!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I see a$399 price tag. Are there any discounts for the holidays?

Last edited:

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
As a previous user of Audirvana I have made a full transition into Roon. I like it much more.
Please, can you elaborate a little bit on Audirvana vs Roon.
Thanks

Matt

spearl8

Sep 16, 2021
Sounds awesome! Can I ask you what is the rest of your setup?
Revel Salon 2, McIntosh MC611 amps, McIntosh C12000 preamp soon, Cardas Clear Beyond XL power cables, Transparent gen 6 super and ultra. The ifi gear costs way less than one of my power cords even but they sound great and the technology is changing so fast now I want to be able to constantly upgrade.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
That's a great setup! I'm sure it sounds amazing.
I understand your approach. A good streamer will allow you to change DACs as the technologies evolve. In the future, you might be interested in the NEO Stream. It works like the Zen Stream, but features optical LAN input. I think it's a great solution for Hi-End systems. Lots of folks experiment with optical LAN on this forum. It's a great advantage to separate your audio system fro the noisy ethernet network.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi guys,
It has come to our attention that some of you have discovered and uploaded beta firmware for your iFi streamer. We do not recommend updating your iFi streamer to beta software. Beta software is considered to be in a testing phase and may not be fully stable or reliable. It could cause issues with the functioning of your streamer and may also lead to loss of data or settings. It is important to use only official and stable software releases for your iFi streamer, which can be found through the device system settings. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our technical support team via https://support.ifi-audio.com/ Thank you for your understanding and support and we wish you the best with your iFi streamer.

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Hi guys,
It has come to our attention that some of you have discovered and uploaded beta firmware for your iFi streamer. We do not recommend updating your iFi streamer to beta software. Beta software is considered to be in a testing phase and may not be fully stable or reliable. It could cause issues with the functioning of your streamer and may also lead to loss of data or settings. It is important to use only official and stable software releases for your iFi streamer, which can be found through the device system settings. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our technical support team via https://support.ifi-audio.com/ Thank you for your understanding and support and we wish you the best with your iFi streamer.
So when to finally expect a new official firmware?

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
At this time we are still awaiting confirmation and will keep you guys updated on this thread. Thanks for understanding.
Ok. iFi really needs to step up a level on software development - see for example how Lumin is active in their development.
Nowadays it’s no longer like in the CD player era where solely the hardware made the difference. We are in the software driven age and that’s what users demand.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Ok. iFi really needs to step up a level on software development - see for example how Lumin is active in their development.
Nowadays it’s no longer like in the CD player era where solely the hardware made the difference. We are in the software driven age and that’s what users demand.
You are right, and we are working on it. In the meantime, we encourage you to try other DLNA software, like the mConnect, BubbleUPNP and others. Some folks prefer them over our app.

Reactions: audiobomber

MikeDC

Feb 5, 2023
Can you use the i2S output to connect to a DAC and bypass the on-board DAC? If so, will it connect to a PSAudio DirectStream? Also, it looks like there is no built-in support as an LMS endpoint, e.g., "SqueezeLite." Has anyone tested it as an LMS endpoint in DLNA mode?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing