It's time to go, see ya later.

No I am distressed seeing the direction the forum is heading and lead to Peter's outburst. I know some would like to make believe it's all hold hands by the campfire... Most people on this board are in business on some way, shape or form and know that unhappy customers stop doing business without any explanation. Same goes for the board.

Not everything is on the forum and as I said there's always two sides to a story.

You got it wrong, Myles. The direction this board is heading is a good one. From Amir's post on another recent thread, "WBF Poll: Which Sounds Better, Digital or Analog?":

While typing this, let me just say how pleased I am with the results. No, I am not talking about the ratio of digital to analog for which, I have no emotions to share (not in competition with anyone here). But rather, how for the first time, a thread like this has concluded so peacefully. In any other context, or forum in the past, we would have deleted posts, received many complaints, potentially issued infractions, etc. Yet here, despite sharing our strong points of views, we all stayed above board and kept our conduct such that none of these actions were necessary. I hope everyone agrees that this is how threads should conclude, not the other way.

Indeed this is one of three such threads just recently where this has happened. I couldn't be more proud of our membership in this regard. Thanks to everyone for helping us accomplish what no one had done so before.

So, no, the troubles are all on PeterB.

Is it coincidence that Amir lauded the behavior of WBF members on a recent thread where PeterB did not, or hardly, participate? I don't think so.

No I am distressed seeing the direction the forum is heading that lead to Peter's outburst. I know some would like to make believe it's all let's hold hands by the campfire... Most people on this board are in business on some way, shape or form and know that unhappy customers stop doing business without any explanation. Same goes for the board.

Not everything is on the forum and as I said there's always two sides to a story.

Nah, this all can't have to do with a forum's "direction." Forums have long been exactly the same as they are today, with a mix of threads that go well and others that devolve into bickering. Maybe some threads did not go the way Peter B wished they did, but blaming a whole forum's culture? Lols.

Peter B. tried to publicly shame some people, but only brought shame on himself in the end, IMO.

Last edited:
What about those who support him?

Guilt by association? Really?

That Peter suicided himself here is not in question. That he did so in an infantile manner is neither acceptable or forgivable. That he did this on the back of some high-handed and ill-conceived posts only makes matters worse.

And yet, that it elicits a similarly childish response is beneath a forum of the supposed quality of WBF. Whatever happened to "I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it?" and why did it get replaced by "ooh, an angry mob, I'll just get my pitchfork!"

wow, how long will this thread go on ? He decided to leave....time to move on from the subject rather than let it continue to fester and ooze. I vote to close the thread and let it die.

Just Look how much money people spent on 2 moronic hours of dinosaurs growling… Keep it up and "Wankers' Resurrection" could be the next blockbuster:D!

[video]http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/15/media/jurassic-world-biggest-us-box-office-opening/[/video]

david

Really? So there's no conspiracy but there is a conspiracy. But you have no knowledge of either. As they say, there are always two sides to a story.

Myles, Peter did this to himself with his name calling and attitude. Did some of us chime in. Yes. But I have seen this many times before with Peter. Yes, personal experience. He never learns. You will learn eventually. I respect you and Terry. Peter not so much.

Peter's position in the industry doesn't excuse his poor behavior.

And I've been critical of Amir and his Harman diatribe previously (since he's a dealer for said product and its blatant advertising in my view)- so call it both ways.

I have allowed Amir's arguments to bother me in the past but the truth is when you are talking Harman testing you are talking sense. Amir was wise when he chose the product lines he carries because he can fall back on science to make his points as well as his pitch.

Peter B's appeal to authority rely on self-proclaimed expert status. But I have seen him extol the virtues of a marble power strip and I can deduce that he does not have as much science backing him up as Harman offers Amir

Last edited:
Guilt by association? Really?

That Peter suicided himself here is not in question. That he did so in an infantile manner is neither acceptable or forgivable. That he did this on the back of some high-handed and ill-conceived posts only makes matters worse.

And yet, that it elicits a similarly childish response is beneath a forum of the supposed quality of WBF. Whatever happened to "I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it?" and why did it get replaced by "ooh, an angry mob, I'll just get my pitchfork!"

Alan, this is not about disagreement and the right of somebody to voice their disagreement. This is about the tone of disagreement that Peter showed which in no way was acceptable as you point out yourself. Please do not confuse the two.

It's clear Myles and Peter have a different mindset WRT Audio forums. I'm assuming the new PB forum encourages descriptors like "wankers", "cowards"? ;)

On a lighter note - It's a shame it's come to this since Peter has been providing some of the best audio show and equipment commentaries via YouTube. His insight and experience on this forum will be missed.

You should be specific Myles as I am getting questions about this so I will give my data. There is absolutely no other side to this story from our vantage point. I have not argued with Peter on any thread here. I don't even remember the last time I exchanged any posts with him. The only communication I had with Peter was a PM he sent me when the other thread was running asking me to sanction a member. I explained to him that I could not do that because he was doing the same, and that as industry person, it is more his responsibility to take the high road than any other member. He wrote me a nice answer back saying he will do that. That has been it.

FYI, we were asked to close his other thread but we chose to trust the membership to guide it well and they did, ending on a sweet note, discussing ice cream. :).

So it is clear, I find Peter very personable, and one of the more cordial members of high-end audiophile people. I also find his videos educational in the way he lets industry people speak to us first hand. They are not reviews, or investigative reporting but nevertheless useful to me and I hope to the membership.

In this type of landscape, I have no explanation or justification for his actions. They are completely inconsistent with my views of him, even now. If there is another side to the story Myles, you and he know it, but not me. If he was fed up with my graphs and such, he could have reached out to me. Or Steve. Nothing like this happened. I wake up one morning and see this thread.

Everyone now has our side of the story. If there is more to it, it is among you guys, not us.

I agree. It is time to turn this into another ice cream thread. Perhaps pizza this time? How about our favorite burger joints?

You should be specific Myles as I am getting questions about this so I will give my data. There is absolutely no other side to this story from our vantage point. I have not argued with Peter on any thread here. I don't even remember the last time I exchanged any posts with him. The only communication I had with Peter was a PM he sent me when the other thread was running asking me to sanction a member. I explained to him that I could not do that because he was doing the same, and that as industry person, it is more his responsibility to take the high road than any other member. He wrote me a nice answer back saying he will do that. That has been it.

FYI, we were asked to close his other thread but we chose to trust the membership to guide it well and they did, ending on a sweet note, discussing ice cream. :).

So it is clear, I find Peter very personable, and one of the more cordial members of high-end audiophile people. I also find his videos educational in the way he lets industry people speak to us first hand. They are not reviews, or investigative reporting but nevertheless useful to me and I hope to the membership.

In this type of landscape, I have no explanation or justification for his actions. They are completely inconsistent with my views of him, even now. If there is another side to the story Myles, you and he know it, but not me. If he was fed up with my graphs and such, he could have reached out to me. Or Steve. Nothing like this happened. I wake up one morning and see this thread.

Everyone now has our side of the story. If there is more to it, it is among you guys, not us.

Thank you for making your case so eloquently. As a result, I'm kind of even more at a loss to wonder what caused Peter's outburst in the first case.

I'm somewhat protective toward people being victimised on forums (not just reviewers) because not everyone has a thick enough skin to cope with being on a forum. If this is indicative of Peter's current psychic state, if he's reading this, I suggest staying off all forums for a considerable time, because it's taking its toll.

Having read the threads, I am not aware of another side of the story either. Amir has not been arguing with Peter, neither badgering him or anything else off subject; instead, Amir is arguing measurements, quoting Toole et al, and points to Stereophile having commented on the Revel Salon 2 being the best speaker they have heard... and such... I stopped reading that thread because it was quite obvious LISTENING is not something Amir seems to "push" as much as measurements, "research" papers, etc, but that's his problem and should not bother anyone else. From reading Peter's so-long note, I think he was tired of those technical arguments, but so what... do what I did, look away.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu