Koetsu

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
Koetsu Jade Platinum and Koetsu Black Goldline, two different pleasures!

_redlNOT2614.jpg

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The humble black gold line rarely gets any press. I think it’s a great cartridge and a fine entry into Koetsu.

Indeed. I used the Black for 8 years, then I decided I want to be the country distributor of Koetsu. It can rock! :)

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
The humble black gold line rarely gets any press. I think it’s a great cartridge and a fine entry into Koetsu.

I also really like Black Goldline, I think it's a great choice for any system!

Reactions: jadis

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
Nascimento,
impressive set up you show here !!
What kind of headshell is the "Silver" looking one, on the right ?

Thanks & Regards

Urs

@ UEM , I'm glad you liked it!

The Headshell is an Audio Technica model AT-LH18 / OCC
I have it with different weights (13/15/18gr) it facilitates the resonance adjustment of the arms / capsules.
Kind Regards

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi Guys ,

Were excited to install this cartridge to our friend’s Kuzma 4 point 11” . It’s going to replace the Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement V2 . Were also a little bit scared because the Koetsu White Coralstone has a Diamond Cantilever. I hope no untoward incidence happens . Wish us luck.
5D4504A9-AE72-4D89-B5DC-B824DE9C2490.png 5D4504A9-AE72-4D89-B5DC-B824DE9C2490.png

Reactions: Nascimento

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Guys ,

Were excited to install this cartridge to our friend’s Kuzma 4 point 11” . It’s going to replace the Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement V2 . Were also a little bit scared because the Koetsu White Coralstone has a Diamond Cantilever. I hope no untoward incidence happens . Wish us luck.
View attachment 53089 View attachment 53089

Hi Doc,

Good to see your post. The Diamond cantilever indeed should be installed with care, and be extra careful not to let it 'dribble' or slam down the record. I have had such case happen to a customer. Please update us.

Reactions: Nascimento

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi Phillip ,
Thanks for the tip Phillip will be very careful in mounting this delicate cartridge It’s been quite sometime that I’ve listened to a stone Bodied Koetsu and it’s going to be a first time to listen to a Diamond Cantilever

Tdh888

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines

I had one back in the day . The Black Gold indeed is a fine entry into Koetsu . After this model you’ll aspire/ dream of someday owning a wood body and on and on.....

Reactions: RickS

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Phillip ,
Thanks for the tip Phillip will be very careful in mounting this delicate cartridge It’s been quite sometime that I’ve listened to a stone Bodied Koetsu and it’s going to be a first time to listen to a Diamond Cantilever

Tdh888

Sure Doc. And my personal suggestion. Do not keep putting the plastic protector each time or each day after installation. Because I have seen one who was trying to fit it in, and it slipped and banged the cantilever. Goodbye. The cover is tight (as it should be) but is a pain to insert each time or each day you play.

Last edited:
Reactions: mulveling

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I made a collage long ago, I called it The Colors of Koetsu.

3.2.jpg

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Thanks for the tip again . It is indeed very tight . It’s only now that the stylus guard of my old Rosewood became flexible and much easier to place . And I got my Rosewood back in 1996 when me and my wife had our honeymoon in HKG. It was one of our first purchase as a married couple very memorable .

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Little tip I use is to spread the cover with my finger then slide over the body. Prevents accidental slippage or potential damage.

Reactions: tdh888 and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Little tip I use is to spread the cover with my finger then slide over the body. Prevents accidental slippage or potential damage.

Yes. And still have to be done carefully. As opposed to ultra carefully without your finger spreading it. :)

mulveling

Jul 6, 2017
I always do a couple flex-opens of the stylus guard, then the index-finger spread trick while putting it on. But these days I don't use it very often, as my table is in a safe place. And I understand the apprehension in mounting the 1st diamond cantilever. For me, 2.5 drinks is the proper balance between confidence and motor skills :)

That CoralStone is quite the unique specimen, lots of fossils!

Reactions: tdh888 and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I don’t think anything beats the beauty and mystique of koetsu regardless of price....

My thoughts too, Nemal1. Which reminds me the time I had a chance to sit down with a high end audio dealer in HK. He was carrying Lyra but had long body Rosewood for his personal use and loved it. I asked him, what cartridge brand would sound like a Koetsu but is not a Koetsu? It took him some moments to think, and he said, none. Koetsu is an art, aesthetically, and sonically. It may not be the most 'accurate' cartridge to some, but how it renders the music can be addicting. I have climbed the ladder very slowly, and the next step is to go 'stone' and its good matching tonearm. Maybe even a new table altogether. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing