lamm m2.2

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Curious what you guys use for cables with your Lamms?

I used Kubala-Sosna Emotions throughout for a long time. I switched to Master Built Signatures 5 or 6 years ago.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Just installed 4 sra ocxl2+ mp stands under my 4 M2.2- my ,my ,my- major improvements on all cylinders !
And beautiful black lacquered finish to boot.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Hi Oxy
About to embark on same adventure
Had m2.2
Exchanged for m1.2 for greater purity
Found not quite loud enough
About to get an additional m2.2 pair for the bass

Should be interesting

I must admit having had both
U don't give up much with m2.2 and gain in power!

I have used the Russian equivalent valves with great success and a bit cheaper than USA nos tubes

Happy listening

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Hi Oxy
About to embark on same adventure
Had m2.2
Exchanged for m1.2 for greater purity
Found not quite loud enough
About to get an additional m2.2 pair for the bass

Should be interesting

I must admit having had both
U don't give up much with m2.2 and gain in power!

I have used the Russian equivalent valves with great success and a bit cheaper than USA nos tubes

Happy listening

Awsome, thanks for input.... my TAD REF need power to come alive ,and 2 pairs of m2.2s finally are doing the trick, and in spades. could one pair of m2.2 suffice? most certainly, but too much of a good thing is never enough...;)
a noticeable upgrade was adding the SRA platforms. count me a believer.
btw, love the morels- great speakers- enjoy!

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
Awsome, thanks for input.... my TAD REF need power to come alive ,and 2 pairs of m2.2s finally are doing the trick, and in spades. could one pair of m2.2 suffice? most certainly, but too much of a good thing is never enough...;)
a noticeable upgrade was adding the SRA platforms. count me a believer.
btw, love the morels- great speakers- enjoy!

The SRAs are excellent. Been using them for years.:)

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Any suggestions on power cords?

Yes my wife and I have been very pleased with the Morels, great for classical and jazz and timbal accuracy speed and soundstage are all I could hope for

The fact I got them for a great price doesn't hurt....and in the flesh they look so sexy and post modern :)

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Awsome, ihave using siltech cables forever and a half... silly expensive but really render great timber and are quiet.
on the 4 LAMMS i use the ruby double crown cords.

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
Awsome, ihave using siltech cables forever and a half... silly expensive but really render great timber and are quiet.
on the 4 LAMMS i use the ruby double crown cords.

I use Stealth on mine. I run two bridged pairs for the midbass on my German Physiks Emperors MkIIs. Very clean and fast. No complaints.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I just finished auditioning Master Built Ultra PC's on my Lamm ML3's and IMO and for my ears they were better than any other PC I have ever used in my sound system. If you're paying $$$ for Siltech you just might want to give these a listen as they too are very expensive. They won't disappoint. I intend on buying a pair of these for my amps.

As for stands I'm sure your SRA is superb as they were on my short list for amp stands and racks. When all was said and done however I not only did my amp stands but so also my entire front end on Critical Mass Systems and there has been no looking back

You can read about it starting here....

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...Steve-Williams&p=420765&viewfull=1#post420765

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
I just finished auditioning Master Built Ultra PC's on my Lamm ML3's and IMO and for my ears they were better than any other PC I have ever used in my sound system. If you're paying $$$ for Siltech you just might want to give these a listen as they too are very expensive. They won't disappoint. I intend on buying a pair of these for my amps.

As for stands I'm sure your SRA is superb as they were on my short list for amp stands and racks. When all was said and done however I not only did my amp stands but so also my entire front end on Critical Mass Systems and there has been no looking back

You can read about it starting here....

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...Steve-Williams&p=420765&viewfull=1#post420765
steve, beautiful room!
heard about master built cables but have not made the move to try them out... i shall in due time.
the 3 prominent stand builders- CM, HRS AND SRA all have their strengths- and all 3 work well.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
steve, beautiful room!
heard about master built cables but have not made the move to try them out... i shall in due time.
the 3 prominent stand builders- CM, HRS AND SRA all have their strengths- and all 3 work well.

I agree. They were the only 3 stands that were on my shortlist and ultimately I went with CMS

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
hubba hubba!!!!!!!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow! Just gorgeous

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
Congratulation from another member of the Lamm flock:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing