Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

One every 2 days means 2.5, so 5 in 2 weeks?
Well yes, same math i had in my mind - so honestly I don't really get the math from Yoda with 40 pcs out till end of April. But OK - I prefer his math tbh

Reactions: wisnon
I'm in the queue in the first 30, but not the first 15. So toward the end of the month (now that it is March!). Larry
IF, end of March is 25 total, so at number 30, you are at end of first week in April.

FWIW, Iam told I am top 5 in NA, and it will ship next week or the week after.
amazing how everyone is coming out of the woodwork now. Very impressive to sell so many before they were even produced. Speaks volumes for Lukas who truly is Master Yoda to all we devoted wookies.

The more I listen to mine I am truly convinced that tube set selection will be an individual preference based on the NOS tubes available in the market today. He is very specific in the users' manual when he said 2 important things
1. No need to ever turn the DAC off
2. Once you pick the tube set you like it becomes a "set it and forget it"

I spoke to one person recently who has never heard the Horizon and was looking for a new DAC, His reservation was that the DAC was tube and he felt there was no way the DAC could produce a meaningful lower octave and dynamics. All I can say is, "come hear it first and then let's talk"

I have at least 4 different tube sets that I can use but I keep coming back to my preference. Other members will have their preferences and I know that at some point once enough of the Horizons are in the field and members have different tube sets, there will be varied opinions and I've talked to Golum about starting a tube roller's thread for the Horizon. The permutations and combinations are endless

amazing how everyone is coming out of the woodwork now. Very impressive to sell so many before they were even produced. Speaks volumes for Lukas who truly is Master Yoda to all we devoted wookies.

The more I listen to mine I am truly convinced that tube set selection will be an individual preference based on the NOS tubes available in the market today. He is very specific in the users' manual when he said 2 important things
1. No need to ever turn the DAC off
2. Once you pick the tube set you like it becomes a "set it and forget it"

I spoke to one person recently who has never heard the Horizon and was looking for a new DAC, His reservation was that the DAC was tube and he felt there was no way the DAC could produce a meaningful lower octave and dynamics. All I can say is, "come hear it first and then let's talk"

I have at least 4 different tube sets that I can use but I keep coming back to my preference. Other members will have their preferences and I know that at some point once enough of the Horizons are in the field and members have different tube sets, there will be varied opinions and I've talked to Golum about starting a tube roller's thread for the Horizon. The permutations and combinations are endless
Well, given the 100% credit for my Pacific toward the Horizon and Lampizator’s track record, it seemed like the definition of a no brainer. Accordingly, I ordered it immediately, without further engagement of my brain

FWIW, Iam told I am top 5 in NA, and it will ship next week or the week after.

Interesting. I was told I was #6 in the NA but haven’t been given any indication that my unit is due to ship any time soon.

Reactions: wisnon
Quick update , I only spent around 2 hrs with the horizon last night listening to Lee Morgan , Jamie Duphis . Hoping to have more time tonight. I'm sure many of you are questioning yourself on purchasing or upgrading to the Horizon, maybe thinking how much better is the horizon compared to the Pacfic , GG , TRP , etc . I will tell you it's better by a big margin. I was stunned ,it was jaw dropping .I was trying to figure out while listening how to explain the differences but got so involved with listening I didn't even care. " WOW " I will try to figure out how to explain this later tonight but who ever ordered a Horizon you won't regret it . Lukasz congrats you knocked this one out of the park . Also build quality is excellent very solid

Last edited:
Concerning our speed of rolling out new units. We simply ordered 50 fully loaded electronic boards and when they come - we can work fast. Until then we only had 4 from the first batch. That is gone. When the 50 come - hopefully on Monday - we have 6 horizons already built with the engine compartment empty.

Go Big custom built separate Left and Right DAC's Horizon Duo :)
I knew you would be gobsmacked. There is no other word to describe first impressions of the Horizon. And as Lukasz said, there are no bad tubes as they all sound terrific, so it becomes one's preference and system

Reactions: wisnon and LampiNA
Go Big custom built separate Left and Right DAC's Horizon Duo :)
CHP Style ;)
But don't forget to offer external PSUs for the price of a Pacific DAC :rolleyes::p

• Haha
Reactions: rando
most all usb cable we use to TUNE our systems are not to spec , this is why some or most usb dacs have issues at times . its to me 100% the cable but the dac may be blamed. does anyone use an audio cable while installing software ? if you do good luck .

Exactly Al, I am well aware of that so called audio quality digital USB cables are far away from USB spec, that's exactly what makes them so good. And USB spec had never been made for an audio standards in the first place anyway. It is fun to play the game to find one which fits the best , that's all I can say ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu