Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

I personally prefer Teflon tube adapters if I can find them.

For example:

too bad they don’t have full selection of teflon adapters. love their socket savers though
I ordered some Woo adapters still waiting, till then I'm using some off eBay but the build quality is good I'm surprised

Attachments

• C12AB22B-2CE1-47E8-8F87-7BD7A5C3653E.jpeg
    C12AB22B-2CE1-47E8-8F87-7BD7A5C3653E.jpeg
    513.2 KB · Views: 35
IIRCsomething about the Horizon being the illegitimate son of the Baltic.

Nothing wrong with the bastard ;) He still has his ingenious father's DNA in him ;)

Reactions: wisnon
I ordered some Woo adapters still waiting, till then I'm using some off eBay but the build quality is good I'm surprised
What tubes are you using? And what came with your Horizon?

RK KT88
RK 5U4G
Melz 2 hole

but I have all kinds of other tubes also , what I noticed so far is tube changes are not as noticeable as in the Pacfic or other DACS I feel what ever tube set that ships with horizon will be pretty much an end game .

RK KT88
RK 5U4G
Melz 2 hole

but I have all kinds of other tubes also , what I noticed so far is tube changes are not as noticeable as in the Pacfic or other DACS I feel what ever tube set that ships with horizon will be pretty much an end game .
It’s all system specific. Lukasz has said there is no bad tube combination. Find one. Set it and forget it

RK KT88
RK 5U4G
Melz 2 hole

What is the triode (middle two tubes) with the wired adaptor?

how would you compare the sound of the VT-99 to the MELZ
It was late only had short time , but like I was telling Fred I really couldn't tell much difference. Tube change in the Horizon might not be as noticeable as say in the Pacfic . I'll listen tonight again but it I was very surprised.I'm curious did you hear any big difference's when you guys swapped triodes ? or not very much ?

Last edited:
It was late only had short time , but like I was telling Fred I really couldn't tell much difference. Tube change in the Horizon might not be as noticeable as say in the Pacfic . I'll listen tonight again but it I was very surprised.
That’s why I asked you. I agree that sometimes the changes are indeed minuscule depending on the tube used.

Reactions: rau
Excellent tube for horizon my fav so far sounds like I moved all the way to the front row

Attachments

• 32EC3DD6-1775-41CC-AA00-39FB60A8F22E.jpeg
    32EC3DD6-1775-41CC-AA00-39FB60A8F22E.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 36
There is something about those old yellowish boxes that makes my eyes wet. They are such endangered species. I hate the replacement new clean boxes.
You just can't beat the feeling inserting 100 years old tube into new state of the art device jointly making beautiful music....

Our world just overnight lost half or manufacturing output of new tubes and about half world supply of NOS military tubes. It is the biggest tube disaster in history.
Please share more details. Thanks.

Easy questions for most but not for a blind guy. I have a plethora of 12AU7 and 12ATZ tubes I can use in the Horizon. What adapter do I need? Is it simply a 9 pin tube going into an adapter with 8 pins to the Horizon? Is there a difference in sound quality with adapters? Is there an adapter brand that I should buy? Thank you for your help.

Easy questions for most but not for a blind guy. I have a plethora of 12AU7 and 12ATZ tubes I can use in the Horizon. What adapter do I need? Is it simply a 9 pin tube going into an adapter with 8 pins to the Horizon? Is there a difference in sound quality with adapters? Is there an adapter brand that I should buy? Thank you for your help.
Will

Lukasz gave me a pair of 12AU7 to 6ns7 adapters as I am considering purchasing the Brimar with the yellow T you brought with to the event at my house

Reactions: LampiNA
or

I too have some good AU and AT tubes. The best will be the Japanese, but also certain UK and NL ones, plus the non Telefunken German ones/Certain Teslas are quite fine too. French ones and a few Italian ones are great too. French ones are hard to get.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu