Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Yes, I think so, but the first couple weeks will be more as I think they have several partly built units waiting for final touches. The business environment is tougher these days given post-pandemic and geo-political implications everywhere. Add to that growing sophistication of the products themselves and the additional burden that places on suppliers, It has him and his team having to face and overcome mounting challenges They seem motivated and optimistic, so all is good.

I am translating this to mean: full steam ahead but don't yet go outside waiting for the delivery truck! :D

Reactions: LampiNA
Yep... an d to add to what Steve says, go snag your tubes NOW. Tubes are getting harder to come by for a variety of reasons...dont walk, run, if U want to be set and settled.

Not U of course Marty/David/etc, I know U guys are LONG ago set!! LOL

As for swapping tubes I watched Lukasz and Fred swap out the triode set with the DAC muted but on as well as the amps. When he changed the triodes my amps and DAC. were off.

Ralph Karsten of Atmasphere was known for pulling some output tubes of his OTL amplfiers while they were playing in shows!

Who's getting their Horizon this week?

I am if DHL can find it in their warehouse... They've been sending phony tracking updates daily.
my experience is that DHL seems to deliver many days before they say they will. My Horizon arrived 5 days before DHL said it was to arrive.

Friend brought over some Bendix 6900 compared to CSF 5687 . The Bendix 6900 sounds broke not even close to the CSF 5687

• Wow
Reactions: ctydwn
my experience is that DHL seems to deliver many days before they say they will. My Horizon arrived 5 days before DHL said it was to arrive.
They apparently were scheduled to deliver early, but didn't deliver. Then their system kept sending out bogus "expect delivery today" messages from the tracking link. When I called them about it, the DHL customer service people would keep parroting the misinformation. Finally I had to get testy after one DHL cs became rude when I told them their intel was no good. Subsequently, I found someone at DHL to investigate and they found it had been taken off the truck and they were going to try to find it.

I'm recounting this boring story in case any other Horizon buyers might run into a similar scenario.

They apparently were scheduled to deliver early, but didn't deliver. Then their system kept sending out bogus "expect delivery today" messages from the tracking link. When I called them about it, the DHL customer service people would keep parroting the misinformation. Finally I had to get testy after one DHL cs became rude when I told them their intel was no good. Subsequently, I found someone at DHL to investigate and they found it had been taken off the truck and they were going to try to find it.

I'm recounting this boring story in case any other Horizon buyers might run into a similar scenario.

Yikes. Hopefully they figure this out quickly.

wil, where are you located?

You can arrange to pick it up yourself.

You all are probably already on top of this, and I am sure I missed this earlier in the thread thinking it was Ron's interview....
But just in case anyone in same boat and hasn't watched Fred's interview series with Lukasz yet. Really informative, a great resource and helps scratch the itch while waiting for arrivals. Just watched the first few and better appreciate some of the finer points now that are not in the manual, etc.

Anyways, hope it is ok to post again, but the videos can be found at the bottom of: https://www.lampizatorpoland.com/horizon

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
All my past lampi stuff was pick up . Same for dhl or fed x . I think its safer for me anyway

My personal experience is DHL is not the best option for shipping. At least within the continental U S.

My personal experience is DHL is not the best option for shipping. At least within the continental U S.

My DHL experiences have been great. I can’t say the same for FedEx and UPS.

Reactions: steve williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu