Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

I fired up my other system tonight with Lampizator TRP that always sounded great to me and I always enjoyed listening to it . But the damn Horizon ruined that experience for me .

it shouldn't TRP is always sounding great to me and stands on its own terms, for the price is non brainer and the giants (so called;) killer

it shouldn't TRP is always sounding great to me and stands on its own terms, for the price is non brainer and the giants (so called;) killer
I hear you BUT rau is correct. You can’t unhear the sound of the Horizon

Reactions: wisnon and LampiNA
Will there be lots of used traded-in Pacifica popping up on the lampizator site? May be a good time to look at one with all the trade-ins happening. Had my eye that way at various points.
Factory announcement: the traded- in DACS, mainly Pacifics and Golden Gates, will not be sold at discounted price. Instead we will refurbish them, give them new bill of health and sell them at almost the normal MSRP price.

Last edited:
Factory announcement: the traded- in DACS, mainly Pacifics and Golden Gates, will not be sold at discounted price. Instead we will refurbish them, give them some new solutions, new bill of health and sell at the normal MSRP price. Yo can call that Pacific X. Or Pacific Plus.
What are the new solutions that are possible to provide the Pacific? SQ increase? Relevant questions, right?

Curious Pacific Owner.

Uh oh. Didn't see that coming.

So we seem to be suggesting the existence of Pacific 2. Where does leave the owners of the Pacofic 1?

Looks like my Pacific will be one of them...

So we seem to be suggesting the existence of Pacific 2. Where does leave the owners of the Pacofic 1?
Pacfic 2 ? You might be getting ahead of yourself, might just be some small updates that don't even justify the shipping cost

Pacfic 2 ? You might be getting ahead of yourself, might just be some small updates that don't even justify the shipping cost
"Pacific X or Pacific Plus"[text omitted] to be exact.
I am bailing on this one.

Well I would not disregard what Yoda has been cooking as there might be quite some nice things in the pipeline for Pacific to very legitimately bare a Pacific mk2 or whatever else designation in the name. Had a dinner with him and Norman ( @wisnon) yesterday so its a first hand info...
1AD2381D-E093-4366-878C-A8F2F50C3664.jpeg

Saw Yoda a few days ago. It seems all systems go for Hor production from today onwards.

Good to hear. I don't know where I am on the list but I get closer to the top every time one of these are built and shipped!

Still about 2 per week?

Good to hear. I don't know where I am on the list but I get closer to the top every time one of these are built and shipped!

Still about 2 per week?
Yes, I think so, but the first couple weeks will be more as I think they have several partly built units waiting for final touches. The business environment is tougher these days given post-pandemic and geo-political implications everywhere. Add to that growing sophistication of the products themselves and the additional burden that places on suppliers, It has him and his team having to face and overcome mounting challenges They seem motivated and optimistic, so all is good.

Reactions: LampiNA
I fired up my other system tonight with Lampizator TRP that always sounded great to me and I always enjoyed listening to it . But the damn Horizon ruined that experience for me .
gulp

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu