Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

no its the inrush of heater element on any tube turn on . a swap does not eliminate this , but if the tube is still hot when put back this helps . the filimnet increses in resistence as it gets hot so its self leveling in some ways like a tungston light bulb . i think we are putting too much into this over all . just know if on standby recti is off it does matter . i dont know what the new H dac does or has on a standby switch , all i do know if im using a 1k recti im not leaving it on lol . one more point never shake tubes especially if hot its just a bad idea period .
Is that what LF is recommending? Put Horizon on standby?

So, is the question which burns the Recti out faster: leaving on 24/7 or switching out every day with a cheap Recti?
You can safely hot swap the rectifier in Lampi DACs.
Just don't take too long

Reactions: ctydwn and Golum
As for swapping tubes I watched Lukasz and Fred swap out the triode set with the DAC muted but on as well as the amps. When he changed the triodes my amps and DAC. were off.

I’ve never burned out a rectifier either
IIRC rectifiers were swapped with DAC and amp in but DAC muted
You don't even have to mute anything when hot swapping the rectifier in a Lampi DAC.

Reactions: steve williams
I always bought two pairs of tubes I like . Burned both sets in , but do swap after a while to hear where they are .
That is an excellent idea to counter check the aging pair with a fresh pair :cool:

Reactions: Alrainbow
So @ ctydwn, once again no offense meant. This DAC has absolutely remarkable sound. As well Golum has started a Horizon tube rollers thread and I hope I’ve convinced everyone that the wait is worth it BUT the time to do due diligence is now
No worries at all and thank you for the helpful reply. I will continue to do my tube homework and try to secure a few ahead of Horizon arrival. Just sold one of my two KR RK 242 quads as I move toward packing up the Pacific.

You don't even have to mute anything when hot swapping the rectifier in a Lampi DAC.
In fact the first time that is what they did and I almost passed out thinking something was going to blow

Yeah I saw that too. Did not even need a glove.

New Horizon Announcement

For those of you who will be attending AXPONA 2022, I want to announce that we will be presenting our Horizon DAC in a fabulous system fronted by Acora
Acoustics and their exquisite speakers. It will be a large space in the Nirvana Room A and there are a few show surprises planned.

We hope many of you can make it to see and hear the Horizon live alongside some fantastic equipment.

Fred A.

New Horizon Announcement

For those of you who will be attending AXPONA 2022, I want to announce that we will be presenting our Horizon DAC in a fabulous system fronted by Acora
Acoustics and their exquisite speakers. It will be a large space in the Nirvana Room A and there are a few show surprises planned.

We hope many of you can make it to see and hear the Horizon live alongside some fantastic equipment.

Fred A.
great news!:)

i was afraid i would miss it based on previous info. excited to hear it.

Will there be lots of used traded-in Pacifica popping up on the lampizator site? May be a good time to look at one with all the trade-ins happening. Had my eye that way at various points.

Ahahhahaha…stay in the hood bro and don’t move too much;)
ill wear a hat sun glasses , use a cane too , no one will knows its me lol. but now im going for sure just to hear the new H TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN SOUND !!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu