Reactions: AudioGod

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Boggy

Jan 16, 2013
Just Curious. How come Magicos use only one midrange? Most top of the line speakers have at least 2. Am sure Magico has a very good reason for this. Coherence perhaps?

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Wow!

M9 is the best modern speaker that I had ever heard.

After attending Pacific Audiofest 2022, 2023 and Seoul Audiofest 2023, there are some nice speakers that draw my attention.

But none match natural and relaxed presentation of M9.

Of course I noticed no dynamic limitation playing Bruckner "Ressurection".

Last edited:

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Wow!

M9 is the best modern speaker that I had ever heard.

After attending Pacific Audiofest 2022, 2023 and Seoul Audiofest, there are some nice speakers that draw my attention.

But none match natural and relaxed presentation of M9.

Of course I noticed no dynamic limitation playing Bruckner "Ressurection".

Where did you hear it?

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
have several customers in NYC that live in $50M-$100M residences and within those "humble abodes" they end up with very small rooms that are available for audio.

Why would this be? Why wouldn't the audiophiles in these situations end up with at least a large bedroom as a listening room?

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Why would this be? Why wouldn't the audiophiles in these situations end up with at least a large bedroom as a listening room?

Maybe because the best rooms are used for storing shoes and handbags :D

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
The customer's that I refer to love listening to music. They also have many things going on in their lives. Family, run large businesses or very career absorbed, several homes, lot's of travel.

None of the customers that I refer to are on audio forums or think a whole lot about maximizing their "audio systems" or even "think" about their audio systems. They have the $$$ to buy nice systems and they buy them and then only use them to listen to music when they have the time, but none of them that I know obsess about sound, equipment etc. They just occasionally listen to music. They don't continually upgrade their audio systems. They buy the systems, have them installed and and then just enjoy them for listening to music.

In several townhomes, where even though they three or four stories high, the rooms are usually not that large. Brownstone type structures built in the 1800s can have a lot of rooms but most of the rooms are an intermediate size. The larger rooms are used for other things for the family.

Almost always there are interior designers and at times architects involved. There are overall design themes to the residences and the designers especially find a place "way out of the way" of the overall household.

Usually their music systems are in an area of the house where the rest of the family cannot hear it so as to not disturb the overall household.

There are a few exceptions but 80% of the customer's that I am referring to fit my description.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
They're not true audiophiles
EXACTLY. They are not really audiophiles at all. They do love music, but are not really into audio equipment and talking about audio equipment.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Maybe because the best rooms are used for storing shoes and handbags :D
Some have golf simulation rooms, some have dedicated home theater rooms (also small) most have rooms centered around the rest of the family, not themselves.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
To be fair, it is also what the family environment is like. I have met the founder of a telecom company. He is a huge audiophile, and has identical systems in multiple homes so he can listen whenever he gets a chance...last time I saw him it was Wilson 4-tower reference, D'Agostino reference...again, identical system in different homes.

...but because no one else in the family apparently wants to hear it...he spends most of his time on his SOTA headphone system, and his system is sandwiched into the tv room rather than being set up optimally because no one else wants to see them splayed out in the room.

He takes it in stride.

Reactions: Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Unheard of behaviour
Disastrous for me at times. They have the perfect room and then they show me the "music room" and I say "what about the perfect room" and they say for one or several of the mentioned reasons, "no that's not happening". Sometimes to their chagrin, most of the times they really don't care all that much about it. They say this is it, just do it.

Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing