Modern speakers vs Vintage speakers

Not sure how many Koreans are wealthy enough to be able to buy a WE system let alone put it in a decent listening room, but there for sure is a good amount of WE aficionados, as well as a manufacturer who is doing nice things (Silbatone).
WE system in good condition shall cost from 150k$ to 500k$.

Every time I visit Korea, I will try to audition one.

the second set as it sounds much more time coherent than the first and for the fact you only need the 13a :)
Does that place you plan to visit also happen to have some Klangfilm on display, then you could compare notes between the WE and KL.?

This is Klangfilm Eurodyn speaker owned by Korean audiophile.

Wow it would be nict to have this one. :oops:

Last edited:
they seriously should consider putting that carpet in front of whatever is being auditioned ;-)

Eurodyn is just the entry level KLangfilm, but it gives you a taste of what the 'Klangfilm' sound fingerprint is about, where WE is more testosterone driven Klangfilm is more delicate in nature.

Klangfilm Bionor is IMO the most natural sounding.

Reactions: thomask

This is Klangfilm Eurodyn speaker owned by Korean audiophile.

Wow it would be nict to have this one. :oops:

What amps does he have on this and the Tannoy GRF (black drivers?)

What source?

This reminded me of one pf my last concerts before pandemic shutdown, exactly 2 years ago as you can see from the date of the video posted

Reactions: thomask
What amps does he have on this and the Tannoy GRF (black drivers?)

What source?

This reminded me of one pf my last concerts before pandemic shutdown, exactly 2 years ago as you can see from the date of the video posted

098a1ca3-283b-4661-a157-b8be012efff4.png
He did not specify it.

But he seems to use 300b SET and EMT turntable as source.

You have to guess it from video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Naylor

This Korean gentleman is a serious vintage audiophile.

My version of Smoke gets in your eyes by Clifford Brown.

I am not in a rush to get another vintage speaker.

If I find WE vintage horn in good condition ar reasonable price, then I will go for one.

I am curious how this album sound with Scaena 3.2 which I plan to assemble soon. :(

Last edited:
Everything old is new again! Seems like you were swept away by the vintage sound. Trust your ears and you will never make a mistake. Plus, once you et your speakers there will be a bunch of vintage-era experts on WBF ready to help you get the most from them:) Good luck!

Every time I visit Korea, I will try to audition WE speakers available.

If I find WE vintage horn speakers in good condition at reasonable price, then I will go for one.

Last edited:
I’m thinking about these babies for the back hatch of my Audi…. Seriously, I don’t know anything about this outfit but they have some amazing stuff! And, these particular speakers sound mind blowing from a YouTube video.

Reactions: Solypsa
I’m thinking about these babies for the back hatch of my Audi…. Seriously, I don’t know anything about this outfit but they have some amazing stuff! And, these particular speakers sound mind blowing from a YouTube video.

My gut feeling is eventually we will be on the same path Ovenmitt.

Reactions: Ovenmitt

Lajazz videos are not real videos, he over lays the sound on the picture, so not representative

Reactions: Ovenmitt

I would be very careful about just how original some of these systems are.

Rob :)

Reactions: ddk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing