Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Can someone tell me how to address a political issue without politics? :)

Reactions: jeff1225

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
His reasoning is mostly flawed and he makes a lot of declarations of fact that I don't believe are actually accepted to be facts. The biggest one is his assumption that .8 degrees of warming is inconsequential. He can't know that and it's certainly not a fact. I'd argue that in a stable ecosystem raising temps can favor certain pathogens that would then decimate their hosts and potentially lead to a chain reaction with the net result being a less complex and lower quality ecosystem. Basically, the butterfly effect. Loss of plants and animals that make human life a richer experience...

This guy would be crushed in a debate, he's not that sharp, and seems biased and emotional.

Yeah, in this video he comes across as a total fool - like so many others like him

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Oh shit? I can't see the whole article but I'd be shocked if they offered a shred of credible evidence to back up the claims. It's all the same tired propaganda. Zzzzz.

Your comment perfectly sums up the head in the sand climate change denial movement. 'I can't (won't) read the article, but it's doesn't matter what they say or what data they provide.'

The Trump organization deleting all of the climate change data from the NASA, EPA and NOHA websites should tell any rational person what they need to know: climate change is real but it's bad for business.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
12 years left for mankind!!! (reduced to 8-9 years per Bernie and Tom at the last debate).

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Your comment perfectly sums up the head in the sand climate change denial movement. 'I can't (won't) read the article, but it's doesn't matter what they say or what data they provide.'

The Trump organization deleting all of the climate change data from the NASA, EPA and NOHA websites should tell any rational person what they need to know: climate change is real but it's bad for business.

Perfectly stated!

Reactions: hogen and jeff1225

djsina2

May 30, 2019

Bad for business? I thought that was one of the main selling points of the "other side", that this new industry of fear would create millions of new jobs?

Reactions: ddk

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I do wish people, especially our potential leadership, would stop it with the doomsday stuff. Doomsday predictions have been wrong 100% of the time and it makes people sound absurd.

We should reduce our impact on the environment because it makes sense regardless of climate change, and it should be a priority. I don't know how this is so controversial?

gilles13

Dec 17, 2015
south of France
The climate was warmer in the past and people were living normally. Around 1000 there were cows in Groenlands (which means green country in danish).
With a warmer climate there is more rains as there is more evaporation from the sea as it was the case in the ancient Egypt where desert were smaller.
Fed up with all these producer of fear. Main problem today is pollution and the fact there are too many people on the earth, not CO2.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
PURE POLITICS HERE!!! PLEASE STOP!!!

I don't know how you can talk about human issues like Climate Change without getting into politics. Unfortunately, it's politics that will save the planet, or allow it to die. It's all about political will.

What I like about discussing these kinds of things here is that this is not a partisan site. Almost all political forums are partisan. This one includes everyone, progressives, conservatives and moderates. This is all about eliminating the divisions in this country, which is a healthy thing.

Maybe your rules should be non-partisan, not non-political.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
We have a winner. Far too many people on this planet.

Agreed. They will be eventually culled by wars or famine or disease. Climate Change will help with that. Humans are too greedy to do what is good for humans, like develop new vaccines for new bacteria threats.

Reactions: zerostargeneral

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Agreed. They will be eventually culled by wars or famine or disease. Climate Change will help with that. Humans are too greedy to do what is good for humans, like develop new vaccines for new bacteria threats.

I think if we eliminated all violent criminals worldwide that would be of more benefit than driving Tesla cars. We can’t do that though because many people believe all human life is precious.

Reactions: bazelio

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
If we look @ the facts, scientific facts (warming of the climate system) ...
? https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

For us common mortals what matters most is survival.
For people who study beyond survival is our planet as viewed from satellites, from space.
They go hand in hand...common mortals and climate scientists.

It's an ecological issue, social and humanitarian...the survival of the human species and of its entire environment. Music is good for the brain, clean air and water is good for the health of men, women and children.

Do we have our priorities right? With music we are constantly working on it, with clean air we're working on it, with clean water ...

Climate change is a health issue. How to address a health issue? With a cure to the disease.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I think if we eliminated all violent criminals worldwide that would be of more benefit than driving Tesla cars.

Have you ever heard of redemption, personal betterment, rehabilitation in society? Israelis aim their prison system to do that, and it seems to work.

Sure, sometimes there is no choice but to kill terrorists, or more specifically terrorist leaders, but these are an exceedingly small percentage of all violent persons.

We can’t do that though because many people believe all human life is precious.

Yes it is.

And anyway, who are you to determine which life is precious and which is not?

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Have you ever heard of redemption, personal betterment, rehabilitation in society? Israelis aim their prison system to do that, and it seems to work.

Sure, sometimes there is no choice but to kill terrorists, or more specifically terrorist leaders, but these are an exceedingly small percentage of all violent persons.

Yes it is.

And anyway, who are you to determine which life is precious and which is not?

It's not my problem to care about the well being of violent criminals. They should all be eliminated. I'm not talking about the obvious ones such as terrorists. I'm talking about the ones you see on the local news every night who are committing violent crimes over and over and over again. It's common sense that they should forfeit their time on Earth. Think of each of these criminals as an ICE and doing nothing productive other than adding to the world's overpopulation and pollution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing