Munchen High end show 2022

I m going 19 - 22 may to the show in munchen

Who s going?
What brands you wanna hear ??

IMG_9857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
have not seen R Koda himself, but Wadax is using R Koda gear, so I was excited to see see the set up as such.
that room was not the Wadax room but the room is Fono acoustica room. Their were 5 Wadax set ups at the show . The Wadax room was with Wilson Benesch and ARC electronics.

What speakers are these please?

I have posted here also a FM acoustics video of a female singer .
I think it was a digital recording P breuninger brought ( Chasing the dragon audiophile recordings , he was in the room recording vids for his channel)
What surprised me of FM acoustics is the speed / rise time , i dont know if one can hear it in the vid .
If i was looking for a top hifi system FM acoustics would be definitively on my list .

Having just returned from Germany and having spent 4 days at the show I would like to clear up a few things that I read here.
Number 1 - all the rooms at MOC are not the same, some look the same from all the effort that people put into these glass and metal spaces but the dimensions and ceilings/windows vary.
Number two - this show does allow some additional time to install and set up the systems versus shows in the US. I think that is wonderful as many of the rooms set up in Munich and elaborate and beautifully finished.
Number 3- almost every exhibitor here really works their butts off to get a great room and IMO particularly on Sunday I think the sound overall was quite good.

I wasn't planning on working and spending as much time in the Göbel' room but I am very happy that I did as we had great sound and a very fun crew. I like working with Louis from Kronos, Oliver, Aris and crew from TLA and I also am a big fan of Wadax as stated before. I think we had a terrific system with great sound. I did get to hear many of the large rooms during the show and tried to hear each one a few times , although briefly over the course of the show.
From reading what's on WBF it is very obvious to me that people have vary different thoughts about what sounds good and what doesn't. That's their opinion and they have every right to express it. I do think however that it has become very Tribal and that is bothersome to me to dismiss things just because you are biased towards some type of gear.
I am not going to go further that that since it is very counter productive.

I like a few rooms I heard and they were all different. I still believe its all about the set up and we can only listen to the result of the system. Does it move me, am I engaged and involved? I don't' care about anything else unless the system does these things.
Some rooms are strange. Some rooms are not inviting, Some rooms talk to much others play music I don't like. That's a show and why I tired to go back to these rooms a few times. I did find that mostly the people were fun and when they could were accommodating. I really enjoy talking to other people in the Industry and did that extensively at the show. We had a lot of visiting designers from other rooms come and listen and I did the same in theirs. MOC is a blast and I cant wait till next year as we have some amazing things planned for '23.
Thanks to everyone that dropped in.

Any info on this brand will be appreciated..
Aren't these designed by a very nice Hungarian chap, exhibiting on the ground floor (H)?
From what I understood, there are two separate boxes, the Xover depends on aligning the top & bottom box. I don't remember if there is an electrical or mechanical xover, probably a combo of both. The drive units were designed & produced by him, both the 12'' (I think) wide-range woofer and the mini-horn / waveguide on the tweeter. The system goes down to ¬30Hz in a room.
It sounded quite good in that small room.

Reactions: Moiz Audio
Aren't these designed by a very nice Hungarian chap, exhibiting on the ground floor (H)?
From what I understood, there are two separate boxes, the Xover depends on aligning the top & bottom box. I don't remember if there is an electrical or mechanical xover, probably a combo of both. The drive units were designed & produced by him, both the 12'' (I think) wide-range woofer and the mini-horn / waveguide on the tweeter. The system goes down to ¬30Hz in a room.
It sounded quite good in that small room.

thanks you for the info, it was one of my highlights of the show.

Many large rooms have been recorded by Totaldac during the High End show 2022 using high quality microphones.

This allows you to listen to many rooms using a given headphone, and all these rooms have been recorded using the same equipment, so you can compare and make your own opinion.
Note that a real saxophone has also been recorded, giving you an idea of the quality of the recording system.

The volume is not normalised because absolutely no processing has been done to audio recording, so the volume of your headphone should be adjusted for each track.

Depending on the time of the day, some rooms are full of people and some are empty, this changes the reverberation time inside the rooms.

Exhibitors can send me one line describing their system, with the start time in the video, I will add it in comments.
Please send an e-mail via the web site https://www.totaldac.com

Many large rooms have been recorded by Totaldac during the High End show 2022 using high quality microphones.

This allows you to listen to many rooms using a given headphone, and all these rooms have been recorded using the same equipment, so you can compare and make your own opinion.
Note that a real saxophone has also been recorded, giving you an idea of the quality of the recording system.

The volume is not normalised because absolutely no processing has been done to audio recording, so the volume of your headphone should be adjusted for each track.

Depending on the time of the day, some rooms are full of people and some are empty, this changes the reverberation time inside the rooms.

Exhibitors can send me one line describing their system, with the start time in the video, I will add it in comments.
Please send an e-mail via the web site https://www.totaldac.com
Many thanks for this effort, Totaldac.
Indeed your MOC room is one I much appreciated sonically. Also the totaldac hospitality at deluxe was exemplary!
(Not an exhibitor -- just an enthusiast :) )

Reactions: Scott Naylor

thank you for showing the Phasemation / Wolf von Langa room, which I liked a lot.
WvL had similar speakers in the next room powered with Air Tight Amplifiers,
rare chance for me to compare both Japanese brands. Air Tight was a little bit more on the detail loving site, Phasemation more full body / warmer site, both set ups for a similar budget.

The Phasemation PP-2000 cartridge was one of the favorite carts of the show, I was able to identify it in some other demo as well, like in the OMA reference turntable.

As Munich was the first European fair for the 2 Japanese gentleman from Phasemation, I used the chance to spent some time talking to them about their Step Up transformer designs and why they prefer the shown passive Pre Amp.

Reactions: GMKF and hogen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing