New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Westbrook to the Lakers is a done deal. That will be interesting to watch.

Hope Russ will pass the ball to LeBron once in a while...:)
The harder part is to pass to LeBron while LeBron is in the vicinity. Am talking about Westbrook's penchant for passing to nobody. :D

For me the biggest story has yet to unfold and that is whether Ballmer will turn his back on KL and package KL along with their draft pick. I have never been a Clippers fan because I have always felt they had made dumb decisions along the way. I thought PG and KL would bring a ring to the Clipps in their first year only to see them ousted and doc was gone. This year KL injury sealed their playoff fate BUT I truly saw some greatness in the playoffs without him. Reggie Jackson IMO is one player the Clipps need to re-sign but as far a KL I just find he brings no Kharma to the team and is not one to ii aspire by words or emotions. The team never rallied around him but rather PG, who is clearly the team leader. KL just never brought the team together. I was dismayed seeing him with his family in one of the boxes and not on the team bench cheering his team on.

Greatness in the NBA is spelled in many ways and on the court KL is truly great but as a team player and leader together with his load management is enough to turn off many of his team mates.

Lakers have been my team for the past 40 years but truthfully if the Lakers fizzle I would want another LA team to cheer for and if Ballmer sees the light he could pull of a Harden-esque type deal that will bring a lot of young talent to the Clippers. This for me is something I wish the Lakers would do and trade James for the same type of deal while he is still worth something, James sure sells tickets to fill the arena for every home and away game but the Lakers window I believe has closed while James is on the team. Knowing this will never happen turns my head towards the Clippers and I hope they become the turnaround team this year and finally make it to the finals where I would definitely find myself cheering for the Clipps.

And for Mike's sake, don't say KL to the Lakers for James ( BTW looking at both teams now, I feel that James on the Clippers would help to get them to the finals as is but that trade will never happen ...thankfully :eek:

Thanks for the kind words.

Everything I'm hearing says the Clips will re-sign Kawhi.

Hoping for a more creative approach. Time will tell.

Westbrook to the Lakers is a done deal. That will be interesting to watch.

Hope Russ will pass the ball to LeBron once in a while...:)
I heard that as well. Assuming Kuz and Trez can't play for 2 teams I would assume the trade with Sacramento is either dead or will involve other Laker players

All I can say is Jeannie knows her time is limited and she is buying for the short term because she can't plan for the future

But Phil, this deal could impact a Bradley Beal trade

The Wizards would still reportedly plan to keep Bradley Beal if they make this deal, according to Wojnarowski. The idea for them would be to create future flexibility to retool the roster around him. Beal can become a free agent next offseason.

Reactions: jadis
I’d take Beal over Westbrook any day of the week.

can Westbrook even shoot a 3
Well, I think he's not there to shoot 3s, but to drive and create. He actually did well in the stat sheets last season. 22pt, 11 boards and 12 assists, not too shabby. He's the guy the Lebron wants, apparently. Maybe better than getting CP3.

Reactions: Steve Williams
Well, I think he's not there to shoot 3s, but to drive and create. He actually did well in the stat sheets last season. 22pt, 11 boards and 12 assists, not too shabby. He's the guy the Lebron wants, apparently. Maybe better than getting CP3.
If you do the comparison with CP3 I do agree Westbrook is a better athlete. So does Westbrook start with LeBron in the 1 position or does he come off the bench when LeBron sits . :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
Clippers draft pick at #25 is.....a trade with the Knicks for Keon Johnson?

He's a 6'5" guard from Tennessee

Apparently a great ahtlete and excellent defensive player. Needs to work on his shooting as he only hit 27% of his 3-point attempts

Celtics has no first round pick. Brad dislike Kemba so much he gave away a 16th pick plus a veteran Horford. But Ainge actually for 3 promising rookies from the past 3 drafts which Brad never developed into a Cameron Johnson type of guy. So most probably, Brad now will use them as trading chips. He somehow has to pry Beal out of Washington.

Reactions: Steve Williams
Fans are now having a heyday reacting to the Westbrook trade. I read somewhere that the Finals, if the Nets and the Lakers collide, with be a battle of the exes, KD vs Westbrook, and LeBron vs Kyrie. And by the way, Harden is also an ex of Westbrook. :D Drama that will make Silver smile ear to ear. He doesn't want a Bucks-Suns Part II. :D

• Haha
Reactions: christoph and WLVCA
Fans are now having a heyday reacting to the Westbrook trade. I read somewhere that the Finals, if the Nets and the Lakers collide, with be a battle of the exes, KD vs Westbrook, and LeBron vs Kyrie. And by the way, Harden is also an ex of Westbrook. :D Drama that will make Silver smile ear to ear. He doesn't want a Bucks-Suns Part II. :D
The Suns might have had their 15 minutes of fame

Here are the Clippers picks from this year's draft -

No. 21, first round (via NYK): Keon Johnson, G, Tennessee
No. 33, second round Jason Preston, Ohio Univiesity (the MAC school, not Ohio State)
No. 51, second round: BJ Boston, G, Kentucky

Don't know if any of these picks are future stars but one can hope. ;)

Now, on to free agency

Reactions: jadis
If forming their new Big 3, the Lakers only have 2 players signed for this coming season - Marc Gasol and Luol Deng. :eek:

The 3 Lakers total $122m. What's cap space, what's chemistry? :D

Last edited:
well the Ides of March are upon us in July as this is a done deal. LeBron has approved, the trade is done and Jeannie has opened the treasury. So Lakers look for one last gasp as they try to form a super 3 to stay competitive. IMO this will be the best and only chance for Westbrook but time will tell. I hope Westbrook tones down his snarls and growls at opposing players. He remains an excellent athlete in amazing condition.....and yes I know that he is there to dish out assists but to me this triumvirate will be more competitive but I just don't think they will prove to be sufficient in getting the team across the finish line

Instant Analysis: What does reported Russell Westbrook trade mean for Lakers?

The Lakers are doing whatever they can to give LeBron James as many swings at the championship plate as possible.

Here's a terrific read especially the Westbrook trade. It seems the pundits said Hield and his 3 point shooting would have been a better trade for the Lakers. I tend to agree as the Lakers 3 point attempts and 3 point shots made were near the bottom of the leg.

NBA free agency 2021: The players, teams and decisions that matter most this offseason

If forming their new Big 3, the Lakers only have 2 players signed for this coming season - Marc Gasol and Luol Deng. :eek:

The 3 Lakers total $122m. What's cap space, what's chemistry? :D
Luol Deng is still under contract. What is the purpose of that. I haven't seen his face in 2 years or more

AS for chemistry IMO that is not Laing between AD and James. To me Westbrook seems like a tough guy to have a friendship with. I would say however that Westbrook is still seeking the elusive ring which CP3 and Harden chased this year and he also knows that this yer could prove to be not only his best chance but also his only chance to do such so hopefully the gains will be fruitful

@Mike......I think you are right about KL re-signing with the Clippers. I would only hope he plays this year as that is still an unknown. In hindsight this would make almost 2 complete seasons of his carer that he wouldn't play as a result of injury. The Clippers need him at full throttle if they are to be competitive.

Finally I am shocked as to how many players this year are due to make well over $40M and who some of them are (Westbrook)

In fact won't Westbrook be the highest paid Laker player this year

Luol Deng is still under contract. What is the purpose of that. I haven't seen his face in 2 years or more

AS for chemistry IMO that is not Laing between AD and James. To me Westbrook seems like a tough guy to have a friendship with. I would say however that Westbrook is still seeking the elusive ring which CP3 and Harden chased this year and he also knows that this yer could prove to be not only his best chance but also his only chance to do such so hopefully the gains will be fruitful

@Mike......I think you are right about KL re-signing with the Clippers. I would only hope he plays this year as that is still an unknown. In hindsight this would make almost 2 complete seasons of his carer that he wouldn't play as a result of injury. The Clippers need him at full throttle if they are to be competitive.

Finally I am shocked as to how many players this year are due to make well over $40M and who some of them are (Westbrook)

Deng had some buy out that became a lay away plan of sorts. Lucky guy, good agency that handled him.

Westbrook at $44m is the highest paid Laker. James at $41, and AD at $35m. These 3 breaks the salary cap of $112m for this year.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing