New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Welcome back Kawhi. :)
In retrospect, the only problem really with Kawhi during the playoffs was that he got injured against Utah. He was doing great against Dallas and Utah, scoring in the high 20s to 30s, and making those remarkable long clutch shots against the Mavs. If I were a Clippers fan I have nothing really to complain. That he would not be in the bench and in a suite is another thing but if I think about it, it has nothing to do with what he is paid for, and he delivered and played his best as far as I can see when on the court, in these last playoffs. Just like I kept looking for Gordon Hayward when he was recovering in his first season of injury, he never was at the bench to support his team mates, and he also was not there in the bench during the bubble playoffs either. At least Kawhi was still in the building. Kawhi may be strange silent, but I can't complain that he does not give his best, when playing and healthy.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
In retrospect, the only problem really with Kawhi during the playoffs was that he got injured against Utah. He was doing great against Dallas and Utah, scoring in the high 20s to 30s, and making those remarkable long clutch shots against the Mavs. If I were a Clippers fan I have nothing really to complain. That he would not be in the bench and in a suite is another thing but if I think about it, it has nothing to do with what he is paid for, and he delivered and played his best as far as I can see when on the court, in these last playoffs. Just like I kept looking for Gordon Hayward when he was recovering in his first season of injury, he never was at the bench to support his team mates, and he also was not there in the bench during the bubble playoffs either. At least Kawhi was still in the building. Kawhi may be strange silent, but I can't complain that he does not give his best, when playing and healthy.
Great posting :cool:

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
My issue with Kawhi is that you never know whether he is being straight forward or not - hard to want the guy on your team if you can't trust him.

First year it was load management and then the horrid flame out in the playoffs by the Clippers.

In the playoffs this year the guy gets hurt but you can't help but wonder if it is for real - and then he conducts himself in a manner that makes it look more suspicious.

But, setting that all aside and ignoring his strange behavior, the reality is that the guy is injury prone and can't stay on the court. So, why commit to the guy and bet the franchise on him. He isn't going to get heathier as he ages.

Taking the emotion out of it, that is the business decision. If I were the Clippers and had two years of questionable experience with the guy I would move on.

But I'm not Steve Ballmer and it isn't my money. He may see it differently......and I could be wrong. :)

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I 'm not so sure I agree Phil. Im. not a Clippers fan so I guess I can rant. KL IMO seems to be a divisive player, whether it be knowingly by him or not. It IS about team spirit and cheering your team on, just as an injured Giannis was on the sidelines cheering his team on or Trae Young doing the same for Atlanta or even an injured LeBron and AD for the Lakers.He's a moody highly talented player who takes advice only from Uncle Dennis and continues to be "the player" allowed load management and not play in back to back games. Whether he will play much or even at all this season remains to be seen. IMO Paul George seems more inclined that Reggie Jackson re-sign with the Clippers rather than KL

I can't disute his greatness but is he becoming a journeyman ring collector

Im with Mike, who is an ardent Clippers fan and that is "trade him as soon as possible" and free up some cap space. The Clippers can do as good or better without him

But what do I know...I picked the Suns in 6

Steve Williams

Speaking of cap space and unrestricted free agency, am I the only one who grimaces when I hear CP3 at age 36 has a $44.2 M player option

Granted CP3 will one day be in the HOF and holds many NBA records......granted as well that in Games 1 and 2 of the finals he looked like a true field general and assumed the leadership in the MVP ladder. However in the final 4 games he looked tired and unable to keep up. Can he really bring a ring to another team. If I were him I would stay put with the Suns as I believe his best years are behind him and if I wee the owner writing his paycheck I would make sure I take an anti diarrhoeal first as my anal sphincter would loosen with each pay check

I see CP3 's future coming post retirement where I am betting he would be a half decent coach. But $44.2M ?????

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Speaking of cap space and unrestricted free agency, am I the only one who grimaces when I hear CP3 at age 36 has a $44.2 M player option

Granted CP3 will one day be in the HOF and holds many NBA records......granted as well that in Games 1 and 2 of the finals he looked like a true field general and assumed the leadership in the MVP ladder. However in the final 4 games he looked tired and unable to keep up. Can he really bring a ring to another team. If I were him I would stay put with the Suns as I believe his best years are behind him and if I wee the owner writing his paycheck I would make sure I take an anti diarrhoeal first as my anal sphincter would loosen with each pay check

I see CP3 's future coming post retirement where I am betting he would be a half decent coach. But $44.2M ?????
To make it worse, CP3 may want to opt out of the last year of his current contract and get a longer deal with the Suns - or another team.

Steve Williams

I hear Chris Paul’s twin brother has a future selling Geico insurance

I also believe that this past season will prove to be his best and only chance to win a ring

Finally Russell Westbrook and the Lakers is a terrible idea. Lakers ring days are over until James retires or moves on. After all he is now a movie star

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Finally Russell Westbrook and the Lakers is a terrible idea. Lakers ring days are over until James retires ir moves on. After all he is now a movie star
James is signed fully for the next 2 years so only way is for him to retire but I doubt that will happen. He should be chasing the oldest man win a title category. :D

Steve Williams

James is signed fully for the next 2 years so only way is for him to retire but I doubt that will happen. He should be chasing the oldest man win a title category. :D
It's not going to happen unless Jeannie opens the bank and says the hell with the salary cap and pays all the luxury taxes. The only owner who I think has the where with all to do just that is the Nets owner, Joseph Tsai and probably Ballmer

Steve Williams

I have to admit that I enjoyed the Play In tournament and don't mind the rule change......

NBA Board of Governors approves Play-In Tournament for 2021-22 season

League also announces key dates for the next calendar year, as well as changes to roster-related rules

NEW YORK – The NBA Board of Governors today approved a proposal to continue the Play-In Tournament for the 2021-22 season.

The Play-In Tournament for the 2021-22 season, which was also agreed to by the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA), will follow the same format as the Play-In Tournament for the 2020-21 season. The teams that finish the regular season with the seventh-highest through the 10th-highest winning percentages in each conference will compete to fill the seventh and eighth playoff seeds in each conference.

For the 2021-22 season, the Play-In Tournament will take place April 12-15, 2022, between the last day of the regular season on April 10 and the start of the playoffs on April 16.

Below are some key dates for the 2021-22 season.

• Aug. 2: Teams can begin negotiating with free agents (6 p.m. ET)
• Aug. 6: Teams can begin signing free agents (12:01 p.m. ET)
• Aug. 8-17: MGM Resorts NBA Summer League in Las Vegas
• Sept. 28, 2021: Training camp begins
• Oct. 19, 2021: Regular season begins
• April 10, 2022: Regular season concludes
• April 12-15, 2022: Play-In Tournament
• April 16, 2022: Playoffs begin
• June 2, 2022: NBA Finals begin
• June 19, 2022: Game 7 of NBA Finals (if necessary)
• June 23, 2022: NBA Draft

Roster-Related Rules

The NBA Board of Governors also approved changes to roster-related rules for the 2021-22 season regarding the use of two-way players during the regular season and the maximum number of players that a team may carry on its active list for a game.

The modifications, which were also agreed to by the NBPA, are consistent with the rules that were in place prior to the start of the 2020-21 season in order to provide teams with additional roster flexibility in light of potential ongoing challenges presented by COVID-19.

• Two-Way Player Rules: For the 2021-22 season, each two-way player will be paid a flat salary equal to 50% of the minimum player salary applicable to a player with zero years of service. A player under a two-way contract will be permitted to be on the NBA team’s active list for no more than 50 games during the regular season, with no limit on practices, workouts or other activities with the NBA team. In addition, there will be no deadline for signing two-way contracts with respect to the 2021-22 season, a change from the rule in the Collective Bargaining Agreement that prohibits teams from signing a player to a two-way contract after Jan. 15 of any season.

• Active List Rules: For the 2021-22 season, a team will be permitted to have up to 15 players on its active list for each game during the regular season, Play-In Tournament and playoffs. This change will not impact the number of players a team can have under contract at any one time, which will remain at 17 (or 15 players under standard NBA contracts and two players under two-way contracts).

Steve Williams

Team USA cruises past Iran for first win at Tokyo Olympics
With Damian Lillard's 21 points leading the way, Team USA rolls to a 120-66 victory over Iran to rebound from an opening loss to France.

Steve Williams

All of here have been discussing this. I think this is a good rule change for the game. It could easily make a difference in very close games with these now to be "non calls"

Report: NBA Implementing Rules to Prevent Non-Basketball Moves to Draw Fouls

The NBA has reportedly finalized a rule that will limit the number of non-basketball moves players use to generate foul calls.

Per Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium, the new rule will be implemented for the 2021-22 season.

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

Steve Williams

all of the "what ifs" described here and whether they are BS or not. A good update IMO. NBA rumors are starting to take notice by everyone

BS Meter on Latest NBA Rumors: Reading Simmons, Lillard and Beal Tea Leaves

Steve Williams

To me the biggest unknown remains Lillard as he has the ability to bring an NBA championship to the right team. He is a remarkable player who can quickly shoot the lights out against opposing teams. Plus he now has the coach he wanted and he is due to make $43.7M this year

However I think if the right offer came along he might decide to move on. Let's face it......it all comes down to the "ring" and most of us are looking at Chris Paul and saying that in all likelihood this year might prove to be his only chance. But at $44.2M as starters I don't know which owner is going to jump on that band wagon

Looking into next season........Gotta love Steph Curry but John Wall is number 2????

10 Highest-Paid NBA Stars For The 2021-2022 Season

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This one is for Phil. If I were Jeannie I would grab this kid in a heart beat

Celtics Lab 58: Does a Bradley Beal trade make sense for Boston, and if not, what’s next?

It's been a 'dream' of Beal and Tatum to play together, they grew up together. But I think the deal will come at the expense of giving up Brown. Beal is a Booker type who can create his shots.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
To me the biggest unknown remains Lillard as he has the ability to bring an NBA championship to the right team. He is a remarkable player who can quickly shoot the lights out against opposing teams. Plus he now has the coach he wanted and he is due to make $43.7M this year

However I think if the right offer came along he might decide to move on. Let's face it......it all comes down to the "ring" and most of us are looking at Chris Paul and saying that in all likelihood this year might prove to be his only chance. But at $44.2M as starters I don't know which owner is going to jump on that band wagon

Looking into next season........Gotta love Steph Curry but John Wall is number 2????

10 Highest-Paid NBA Stars For The 2021-2022 Season

I don't why I feel Lillard is in the same boat as Westbrook. They can be sizzling, but as I have seen how a guy like Middleton rise up to the occasion, I'd take Middleton over Lillard.

Steve Williams

I don't why I feel Lillard is in the same boat as Westbrook. They can be sizzling, but as I have seen how a guy like Middleton rise up to the occasion, I'd take Middleton over Lillard.
I'm not so sure on that one Phil. Both great players but totally different style of Play. I'd love to have both on my team but I would take Lillard over Middleton

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing