New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

It will be interesting who makes landslide offers to KL and CP3 and whether as the saying goes. "money talks and bull$hit walks"

I wonder whether they will listen to those offers or merely sign a restructured deal with the Clippers and the Suns

I have to really wonder what AD and LeBron see in Westbrook that made them invite him to LeBron's house to discuss coming to the Lakers. The pundits alll seem to suggest that the Sacramento trade for Hield would have been far better for the Lakers.

At $44M the Lakers will almost certainly beaver the salary cap and the chemistry between those 3 players leaves me with some doubt.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I have to really wonder what AD and LeBron see in Westbrook that made them invite him to LeBron's house to discuss coming to the Lakers. The pundits alll seem to suggest that the Sacramento trade for Hield would have been far better for the Lakers.
Well, LeBron had done 'conversion'. He converted the power forward that was Kevin Love into a Battier and Mike Miller sort of player - a 3 point bomber. So , let's see how Westbrook is converted into while under the cudgels of LeBron. :D Let's remember in that home visit, egos were told to be swallowed. We shall see whose ego remains intact after all this. :D

Well, LeBron had done 'conversion'. He converted the power forward that was Kevin Love into a Battier and Mike Miller sort of player - a 3 point bomber. So , let's see how Westbrook is converted into while under the cudgels of LeBron. :D Let's remember in that home visit, egos were told to be swallowed. We shall see whose ego remains intact after all this. :D
I’m reading that all 3 won’t always be together on the floor at the same time.

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
Good news so far today.....Clippers haven't signed Kawhi....yet.

Reports this morning have him signing a 1 and 1 with the Clippers - one year for sure with Kawhi having an option on the 2nd.

Bad scenario for the Clips. They pay him for the year he can't play and then he walks.

Mike

im seeing the real you emerge in this debate. ;) Lakers are going nowhere. I want the Clippers to do well. It will be interesting to see what Ballmer and others will offer

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA
Stephan Curry signed a 4 year $215 million deal with the Warriors.

That's $53.75 million per year. :eek:
I love Steph. Greatest shooter in the history of the league.
IMO he's worth ever million;)

I'd love to see him in the Lakers purple and gold but TBH he's a GSW foot life. He deserves it

Reactions: jadis and christoph
I love Steph. Greatest shooter in the history of the league.
IMO he's worth ever million;)

I'd love to see him in the Lakers purple and gold but TBH he's a GSW foot life. He deserves it
I absolutely agree with all but the purple and gold nonsense :p

Reactions: WLVCA
Stephan Curry signed a 4 year $215 million deal with the Warriors.

That's $53.75 million per year. :eek:
I'm glad for Steph AND for the Warriors :cool:
Well deserved for both parties :D

Nicolas Batum signed a new two-year deal to stay with the Clippers. He was a very pleasant surprise for the Clips last year - much better that I thought. Glad to have him back.

He's the captain French Olympic basketball team so didn't expect to hear about him until the Games are over. Sooner is better in this case.

Reactions: christoph
Now here's a trade that will have people in the East worried...

Kyle Lowry to join Miami Heat for three seasons in reported sign-and-trade

The Heat hope Lowry's addition can restore their championship hopes after getting swept by Milwaukee in the first round

and CP3 is also set........Paul takes a 4 year deal through age 40 for $120M. So he is taking less to work longer, just not sure what he will have left in the next few years. He showed his age in game 3 on. Not sure why they call this a monster deal, sorta like Steve Nash had when he came to the Lakers. He couldn't play because of his back but he wouldn't retire and continued to sit and get paid

Report: Chris Paul to sign huge 4-year deal with Phoenix Suns

Paul averaged 16.4 points and 8.9 assists to help the Suns reach The Finals in his first season with Phoenix

• Wow
Reactions: WLVCA and christoph
Well the Lakers hit the salary cap wit their 3 stars and are now signing has been journeymen and former Lakers to play for a one year minimum salary
Dwight Howard must be getting dizzy with all of these one year deals

• Angry
As usual, Brad didn't do anything tonight. :(

• Sad
Well the Lakers hit the salary cap wit their 3 stars and are now signing has been journeymen and former Lakers to play for a one year minimum salary
Dwight Howard must be getting dizzy with all of these one year deals

Some get pampered with completely crazy deals and others who performed excellently like Howard did for the Lakers (without any deal at all at that time) get a one year minimum deal :mad:

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing