New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Well Steve, after I read the injury reports, I said I'm not going to watch the game, then Google spoiled it by notifying me that it's a 18-1 start. I was thinking Boston can still lose the game by 1 point. Luckily they kept the gas on. I've always felt that when Tatum don't score big, they would lose. He's got to be consistent.

Well Steve, after I read the injury reports, I said I'm not going to watch the game, then Google spoiled it by notifying me that it's a 18-1 start. I was thinking Boston can still lose the game by 1 point. Luckily they kept the gas on. I've always felt that when Tatum don't score big, they would lose. He's got to be consistent.
Boston played a terrific game last night. So it comes down to a best of 3 series whereas the Warriors could end it all tonight in the west

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Tatum is the leader, but he is still very far from a Bird, and far from Pierce or Garnett. This playoffs is his best change to transform himself into one such leader, by being consistent, and not one game 10 points and another 40 points, in a playoff series. I recall Detroit lost to Boston for a few years before finally breaking that wall to go to the finals against the Lakers. And then the Bulls, who always lost to Detroit, finally broke that wall to enroute to their first title, against the Lakers. Celtics must do that, get past the tough hurdles, and then likely face the toughest wall of them all, the well oiled Warriors.

Tatum is the leader, but he is still very far from a Bird, and far from Pierce or Garnett. This playoffs is his best change to transform himself into one such leader, by being consistent, and not one game 10 points and another 40 points, in a playoff series. I recall Detroit lost to Boston for a few years before finally breaking that wall to go to the finals against the Lakers. And then the Bulls, who always lost to Detroit, finally broke that wall to enroute to their first title, against the Lakers. Celtics must do that, get past the tough hurdles, and then likely face the toughest wall of them all, the well oiled Warriors.
Phil

I sense it..the Celts are on their way to be that team. I have never seen such a smothering defense as they played last night against the Heat. Adebayo didn't score his first basket until the 3rd period as they were triple teaming him . They played with guts and determination and Tatum continues to mature

well the Mavs avoided the sweep as they annihilated the Warriors last night

I doubt they will win the next three but the way these playoffs are going in the east, anything is possible I suppose

5 takeaways from Mavs' series-saving victory in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals​

Dallas' red-hot start, Luka Doncic's near triple-double and more help the Mavericks stave off elimination in Game 4.

well the Mavs avoided the sweep as they annihilated the Warriors last night

I doubt they will win the next three but the way these playoffs are going in the east, anything is possible I suppose

5 takeaways from Mavs' series-saving victory in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals​

Dallas' red-hot start, Luka Doncic's near triple-double and more help the Mavericks stave off elimination in Game 4.

Agree Steve. Luka sometimes is uncontrolled in those super long contested shots. I feel Dinwiddie should be a starter but Brunson is playing so well.

Another gutsy win by the Celts in Miami to put them up 3-2

Final Celts 93-80

gotta believe Phil.
It's a nice win, Steve. The defense really turned it on on the 3rd and the shots were falling for the C's. I guess they're feeling it, one game to win at home and I hope they get that job done.

I feel the trade deadline acquisition of Derick White was a critical one. The C's started to mold their good defense after that deal, which Brad had to give up 4 players to get a good 2way guard from Pop and the Spurs. He is an igniter, not really a microwave in the mold of Vinnie Johnson and Sam Cassell when he came to the C's, but White is a natural, has good basketball IQ, and does not force the issue. He made key steals and blocks down the road, a solid back up to Smart. And mini power forward Grant Williams has me eating my words, I wanted badly then to see him traded. But he's young and scrappy and has a big chest to bump players around. And last of all, Coach Ime has done an incredible job up to this point, as nobody gave him a chance early on upon his hiring. Brad saw something in him, and it paid off.

Totally agree about White however truthfully at the start of the season with a new coach and a team that I would have bet would finish 5th or lower in the East. They had a nosedive towards the end of the season when Tatum was injured and they were in free fall to the playin division...but since January have been the best team in the NBA

Gotta believe.........because Goliath will be their opponent....huge offense and huge defense......GSW fighting to be back in it and to me they are a better team now than t5he team
they had with KD. Wiggins is a huge plus as is Jordan Poole. Looney has become a much improved center and seems to have bulked up since I can remember him.....but then there are the gutsy Celtics who are like a fly on the a$$hole of an elephant :oops:

I
hoping the Celts are going to win it at home in 6 but they have proved they can win on the road if it goes to 7 .

Totally agree about White however truthfully at the start of the season with a new coach and a team that I would have bet would finish 5th or lower in the East. They had a nosedive towards the end of the season when Tatum was injured and they were in free fall to the playin division...but since January have been the best team in the NBA

Gotta believe.........because Goliath will be their opponent....huge offense and huge defense......GSW fighting to be back in it and to me they are a better team now than t5he team
they had with KD. Wiggins is a huge plus as is Jordan Poole. Looney has become a much improved center and seems to have bulked up since I can remember him.....but then there are the gutsy Celtics who are like a fly on the a$$hole of an elephant :oops:

I
hoping the Celts are going to win it at home in 6 but they have proved they can win on the road if it goes to 7 .
Agree, Steve. The climb goes on, beating a team with KD and Kyrie. Then beating the defending champions with the superman of basketball, and hopefully they get past the number 1 eastern team , and they will find the real Goliath.

On a different note, this video brought a huge smile to my face as I hope that it comes about. I have been saying here for 2-3 years that LeBron will never win another ring in LA and he has long overstayed his welcome. I pity whomever the new coach will be. Some things never change. He is only interested in his legacy and 2 things are necessary to fulfill his dream
1. Overtake Kareem as the leagues top scorer

2. Play on the same team as his son Bronny. Should we really care?

Would the Lakers look to trade one of their stars in the offseason?

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
I noticed Patrick Beverly is now a regular commentator on ESPN. Beside Kendrick Perkins at times. There must be something that the producers see in them. At least I don't see much of Ramona. :D

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Warriors are truly a Goliath as they effortlessly close out the Mavs to win the WC Finals

im srill hoping the Celtics close out the Heat as this game will be their best chance

final 130-110

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing