New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Thanks Bob. Hope the Celtics shoot well, they need it.
Also congrats from me, Phil.
I hope the Celts don't shoot too well in the next matchup :oops:

Also congrats from me, Phil.
I hope the Celts don't shoot too well in the next matchup :oops:
Truth be told I remain a GSW fan and think they will win. If Celts win it would also be a major upset. Anything is possible it seems in the NBA this year but Steph is due another ring and MVP of the playoffs

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Truth be told I remain a GSW fan and think they will win. If Celts win it would also be a major upset. Anything is possible it seems in the NBA this year but Steph is due another ring and MVP of the playoffs
I will certainly root for the Warriors but the Celts have won my big respect for beating all those highly touted teams and reach the finals :eek:

I will certainly root for the Warriors but the Celts have won my big respect for beating all those highly touted teams and reach the finals :eek:
Dallas also won my respect as they eliminated the Suns

Reactions: jadis and christoph
My good friend from the Philippines now lives in the Bay Area and we kid each other about this Finals match up. Like me, he's nervous watching live games and would rather walked his dog than raise his blood levels. Lol

I was kidding him to let the Celtics win since they already have won many these past few years. :D

And let’s not forget what could have been with the Grizz and a healthy Ja Morant

Exactly. Hats off to that Grizzlies team. Even without Morant they were fighting toe to toe with the Warriors.

The Celtics and Warriors split the 2 season games, with each team winning on the road.

Amazing too that the Celtics won 3 games in Miami out of the 4.

I'm now beginning to realize the 'value' of Kendrick Perkins on ESPN's shows. That giant laugh is like straight out of that Jack and the Beanstalk movie. I had to laugh when he does that to Stephen A, and now they have Amare Stoudemire and JJ Reddick as alternate guests (both are ok). Latest quote from Perk : " I change my opinions' when the facts change." That got Stephen A speechless. :D

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
The Grizzlies?
Dillon Brooks lost one of their games, caught playing hero ball.

If he'd reigned some of his miscues in, it may have been them moving on.

Also unsure on some of the coaching decisions regarding court time.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph and jadis
The read of the day

Finals preview: Storied Celtics, Warriors clash for 2022 championship
Stephen Curry has a chance to own the championship stage, while Boston's big men loom large in this Finals showdown.

The writer picked Boston in 7. Wow. I heard lots of analysts saying this will go 7 games and most picked the Warriors, understandably so with their championship pedigree. One reason for the Celtics to win this series is their hunger and their new found system which started after the trade deadline. As a Celtics fan since the late 60s when I first saw Sam Jones scored at almost every touch, it would be a great feeling to see a new young breed of players and an returning old guard bag a title in this day and age. It might even be called a miracle if they do bag the crown against the mighty Warriors, whom I rooted for in all their past Finals. But this will be the only exception. :)

Reactions: christoph
I truly believe Celts can win it even though I am betting GSW due to sentimental reasons

Celts have proven their mettle to me and if they stay healthy and Horford plays as he has been it could go 7 games and Boston has a way of winning the 7th game this year

Reactions: jadis
Just read the a court side seat for Game 1 costs $59,000. That can buy a decent studio condo unit here. Lol

Just read the a court side seat for Game 1 costs $59,000. That can buy a decent studio condo unit here. Lol
It just dawned on me (duh) that the Celts have home court advantage. That might prove to be a big plus

I just want to see both teams healthy and play a start to finish great game and "may the best team win" as I can live with a Celts trophy as it's been a lot of years since that cigar got lit up :)

I think that if GSW win the trophy and get the ring, Steph, I'm betting will win MVP and, if so, I hear the trophy will be awarded at center court by a supplicant Kevin Durant :D

Que
It just dawned on me (duh) that the Celts have home court advantage. That might prove to be a big plus

I just want to see both teams healthy and play a start to finish great game and "may the best team win" as I can live with a Celts trophy as it's been a lot of years since that cigar got lit up :)

I think that if GSW win the trophy and get the ring, Steph, I'm betting will win MVP and, if so, I hear the trophy will be awarded at center court by a supplicant Kevin Durant :D

Steve,

Warriors got home court. First 2 games in Chase Center.

statistics don't predict outcomes but it is interesting to see how the two teams match up Warriors with their mighty offense and the Celts with their smothering gutsy defense

NBA Finals numbers preview: Key stats that could define series​

Dig into the key statistics to comprehend before Game 1 of the Celtics-Warriors NBA Finals on Thursday.

statistics don't predict outcomes but it is interesting to see how the two teams match up Warriors with their mighty offense and the Celts with their smothering gutsy defense

NBA Finals numbers preview: Key stats that could define series​

Dig into the key statistics to comprehend before Game 1 of the Celtics-Warriors NBA Finals on Thursday.

Mind boggling numbers. In the end, they still have to play the game. It's a a bowling bowl, you never know what pin will remain thinking it's a strike. They hype is about best defense vs best offense. That is something really to see. What is encouraging to me as a C's fan is that the Grizzlies chalked up 2 wins against the Warriors in the playoff, hoping the C's win at least 2 and then 2 more. :D

Reactions: steve williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu