New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

a chillin loss at home to the Heat last night could have been the Celts best shot at winning the East. Butler played his heart out and carried the team like a star. Tatum on the other hand who is also a star never seems to play with a sense of urgency or with the star status that Butler oozes. Brown hasdd a poor second half and the Celts could never turn the game around

having said that the Celts know how to win on the road and I am still betting the Celts to win tomorrow.

• Wow
Reactions: jadis and christoph
I take a different approach to who I would like to end up as champions.
Who would I most like to get a ring?
Jah's time will come.
It would have been fitting for CP3, but there was something missing in that last game.
Luka was one I would have enjoyed. And well as Joel.

But now my favourite is Jimmy. Wade's encouragement of 'Go build your legacy.'
Although Celtics and their season since New Years is 'league-best' deserving.

a chillin loss at home to the Heat last night could have been the Celts best shot at winning the East. Butler played his heart out and carried the team like a star. Tatum on the other hand who is also a star never seems to play with a sense of urgency or with the star status that Butler oozes. Brown hasdd a poor second half and the Celts could never turn the game around

having said that the Celts know how to win on the road and I am still betting the Celts to win tomorrow.
Close out games are tough to do specially against a championship team like Miami. They played with no pressure, while C's played tight. It's about urgency. And the last loss of the Heat was sort of a fluke because the starters combined for only 18 points and they were missing open layups. That's why it's a 7 game series. Next game will determine if Tatum will become am elite leader of the team. He got in the 1st team, but he has to be a leader and take charge if he wants to put his name up there. Anybody's game. I read that Draymond wan't the C's because they are weaker. :D

I’m thinking the Celts tonight, more guys who can get a bucket when needed. What do you guys think?

I’m thinking the Celts tonight, more guys who can get a bucket when needed. What do you guys think?
Let's hope for the best for the Celtics

Reactions: jadis
well I wonder what the future holds for the next Lakers coach.......

Reports: Lakers hire Darvin Ham to replace Frank Vogel as coach
The former NBA player had served as the Bucks top assistant since 2018, winning a title with them in 2021

Reactions: jadis
Nice to see your support for the Celtics, but I just can't bear to watch for 48 grueling minutes to wait for the final score. It now boils down to which star scores 40 points or more. But seriously, the Celtics need to limit the other players like Lowry and Struss who killed them big time and I think Brown may have been fatigued to miss 2 free throws. Ultimately, it's about who wants it more. I really don't know the answer till tomorrow ends. Whatever happens, I can't complain as much as I've been doing at the start of the season. It's been a pleasant surprise to a lot of Celtics fans. New coach and new GM did a great job.

This game comes down to execution.
Boston did not play well in the last three minutes of game 6.
True that Miami's defence was the culprit.

Boston needs to limit second chance points.
Miami needs more that Jimmy to contribute.
And Horford/Grant Williams need to score some.

You gotta believe Phil
what a game

congratulations. now it’s David Vs Goliath
Thanks Steve! I'm elated. Thanks for the encouragement. Am very delighted at the outcome. Heat is a championship caliber team. Much respect to them.

Reactions: christoph
Tatum wore a Kobe armband the whole game. Tribute to his mentor.

Thanks Steve! I'm elated. Thanks for the encouragement. Am very delighted at the outcome. Heat is a championship caliber team. Much respect to them.
Congrats Phil, great matchup ahead

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Thanks Bob. Hope the Celtics shoot well, they need it.
I think it will be a terrific finals and although the odds favor the GSW, the Celtics have proven their worth tome in these playoffs. They are a never say die team and will battle to the final buzzer and being down in a game or even down in a series just doesn't bother them. So it'll be the Bash Brothers plus Wiggins, Poole et al who will be scoring from everywhere up against a smothering defense by the Celts

This years playoffs has been filled with surprises....could there be one more surprise dealt by the Celts?

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I think it will be a terrific finals and although the odds favor the GSW, the Celtics have proven their worth tome in these playoffs. They are a never say die team and will battle to the final buzzer and being down in a game or even down in a series just doesn't bother them. So it'll be the Bash Brothers plus Wiggins, Poole et al who will be scoring from everywhere up against a smothering defense by the Celts

This years playoffs has been filled with surprises....could there be one more surprise dealt by the Celts?
I heard one commentator say the Celtics overcame KD and Kyrie, then Giannis, then Butler, and if they beat Curry and Klay, it will have a unique place in basketball history. As they have only a 24 year old and 25 year old Finals first timers.

Reactions: steve williams
And how does Al Horford feel now? Wasn't given the long contract he wanted by Danny, signed with the Sixers. Not appreciated there, traded to the Thunders, only to have new manager Brad bring him back in a trade for Kemba and Moses Brown. That move had me wondering but yesterday his worth was proven, by his leadership and defense. The trophy was even handed to him. What a story.

I always felt that this year one or two Cinderella teams would emerge. There were several but they didn't make it this far

If you had told me at the start of the season that the Celts would win the EC I would ask what they are smoking. The Celts are for real and if GSWv think they are easier than the Heat, I think they will have a surprise in store

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
And how does Al Horford feel now? Wasn't given the long contract he wanted by Danny, signed with the Sixers. Not appreciated there, traded to the Thunders, only to have new manager Brad bring him back in a trade for Kemba and Moses Brown. That move had me wondering but yesterday his worth was proven, by his leadership and defense. The trophy was even handed to him. What a story.
IMO a healthy Horford is critical to the Celts success

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu