New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I have always liked Shawn Powell as a sportscaster and admired his gutsy prediction

I think the Warriors need to close them out in 6 or less because if it goes 7 games all bets are off

Trending Topics: Who will win the 2022 NBA Finals?
NBA.com's writers reveal if they're picking the Celtics or Warriors to win the 2022 NBA Finals.

Reactions: jadis
And so it begins.

at the beginning of the year no one in their right mind could have guessed these two teams

i wish both teams well because for me, this has been without doubt the best playoff season I have seen in years. So many great teams and only will get better so looking for even better in years to come

Im a Warriors fan for reasons I’ve always mentioned but the Celtics have proven to me how really great they are. They always seem to easily win on the road and I would have no problem if they win because that would truly make them a Cinderella team.

Watching this game now. Somehow I can bear the lesser tension as the C's are heavy underdogs that about everybody has handed Steph the MVP which means they will win the title. And there is no 'rivalry' or dramatics caused by the likes of Kyrie, the Heat and Riley. :D I love the city of San Francisco, been going there since the mid 80s and as I said I rooted for them in all their Finals matches before. They deserve to be where they are now but I have my basketball heart in Boston since the late 60s.

Reactions: christoph
As expected, Curry's 3s are finding the mark.

No 'best defense' is going to slow or stop the Warriors. C's have to shoot well.

what an amazing and entertaining game. The Celtics and Warriors ar3 like the tortoise and the hare. The Celts just keep coming and never give up. Down by as much as 15 in the 3rd quarter the Celts rally in the 4th and take a 106-103 lead with 5 minutes left in the game. The Warriors com[letely fall apart and Celts storm to a 14-0 run to take aa 114-103 lead with 2:30 left in the game

The three pointer reined supreme as the Celts steal home court and convincingly win the first game and Tatum wasn't even a threat

120-108

The entire Celtics team were big scorers except Tatum (12)

Reactions: christoph and jadis
what an amazing and entertaining game. The Celtics and Warriors ar3 like the tortoise and the hare. The Celts just keep coming and never give up. Down by as much as 15 in the 3rd quarter the Celts rally in the 4th and take a 106-103 lead with 5 minutes left in the game. The Warriors com[letely fall apart and Celts storm to a 14-0 run to take aa 114-103 lead with 2:30 left in the game

The three pointer reined supreme as the Celts steal home court and convincingly win the first game and Tatum wasn't even a threat

120-108

The entire Celtics team were big scorers except Tatum (12)
I'm quite shocked honestly, Steve. C's showed resilience for a first time Finals team. Happy to see them give such effort. Incredible 17-0 run against the Warriors. I mean who does that to the mighty Warriors. Gotta hand it to coach Ime for trusting Derek White. Man, did he come through. Who would have thought the C's will beat the Warriors in the home court. I think Shaq did. Hats off to him.

Reactions: christoph
And I notice there's quite a lot of Celtics fans at the Chase Center. Wish I was there, if only for this one game. :)

Reactions: steve williams
having watched the game and how the Celts never gave up, played great Dee and won the game handily convinced me not only can the Celts win the series but so also do it in 6 games

Reactions: christoph and jadis
having watched the game and how the Celts never gave up, played great Dee and won the game handily convinced me not only can the Celts win the series but so also do it in 6 games
And to me, it shows some 'maturity' in Tatum's game, he was having a bad shooting night but continued to assist and rebound, not forcing the issue. It's a great team effort for the Celtics. But game 1 is just a game, they have to continue playing hard because their home record is not that good. :)

And to me, it shows some 'maturity' in Tatum's game, he was having a bad shooting night but continued to assist and rebound, not forcing the issue. It's a great team effort for the Celtics. But game 1 is just a game, they have to continue playing hard because their home record is not that good. :)
that's why I said that if the Warriors dont win it in 6 then all bets are off as game 7 is an away game for the Celts

Just finished watching the rest of game 1. Not what I expected, with GS up by 14 when I paused the game.
Surely you can't expect Boston to shoot like that in the 4th the whole series. But wow. They kept dropping.

And even with the Finals experience they have, some of their bench do not. And can prove costly.
Like the 7-0 run to start the 4th with Poole on court.

Is going to be an interesting series.

Just finished watching the rest of game 1. Not what I expected, with GS up by 14 when I paused the game.
Surely you can't expect Boston to shoot like that in the 4th the whole series. But wow. They kept dropping.

And even with the Finals experience they have, some of their bench do not. And can prove costly.
Like the 7-0 run to start the 4th with Poole on court.

Is going to be an interesting series.
Nobody really expected the Celtics to win this game let alone a 15 point comeback. But they've shown they can come back from big deficits in the past playoff series. Still a suprising run that showed their resilience and their desire to win. My friend in the Bay Area told me during the comeback to tie the game, that the Celtics look hungry. I feel White was the x factor in the game. He was shooting with confidence. Now they found their sixth man.

It just dawned on me , after 3 playoff series, that Smart had dyed his hair green. It just became very clear when he wore the Celtic green and the lights really showed the 'match'. :D

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Nobody really expected the Celtics to win this game let alone a 15 point comeback. But they've shown they can come back from big deficits in the past playoff series. Still a suprising run that showed their resilience and their desire to win. My friend in the Bay Area told me during the comeback to tie the game, that the Celtics look hungry. I feel White was the x factor in the game. He was shooting with confidence. Now they found their sixth man.
The Celtics are for real and IMO can win this series. I have never seen such a turnaround in the 4th quarter when the Celts went o a 20-2 scoring run White indeed has become the 6th man. It continues to be obvious to me that the 3 point shot has become the deciding influence with teams who can turn around games by raining down 3's. Last night was no exception

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu