New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

@jadis

This interview with Marcus Smart shows why he is the glue that tends to hold the team together....

Q&A: Marcus Smart talks Celtics' strong start, helping his teammates

Boston's point guard discusses helping the Celtics' star duo, the Finals loss to Golden State, his defensive mentality and playing for 1st-year head coach Joe Mazzulla.

No doubt he is a glue and a 'leader' being the longest tenured Celtics among the young players. But he should cut down on those 3s which causes anxiety to Celtics fans. He can drive and penetrate, which he is actually good at.

Well too much Luka and Hardaway and not enough Lakers as they give up a 12 point lead and fall to the Mavs 124-115 at the start of a 5 game road trip

AD may be gone for the season but he and LeBron were all smiles on the bench in the closing moments of the game.

Reactions: jadis
End of 3rd at Boston and the Celtics own the Bucks no matter what the Bucks throw at the Celts. The Celts are even better than what I imagined. They have a deep bench and players who can drop 3's as can Horford. Tatum, Brown and Smart have matured since last year and I believe understand what it takes to win it all.If things we're to end today I would say a Celtics-Grizz finals and right now I am not sure as IMO either team is good enough to win it all BUT the Celtics have been to the big dance and Memphis is only coming of age so if it were to end today I would say Celtics in 7 to win it all

103-91 Celtics

• Wow
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Bucks make a bit of a move in the 4th only to be thwarted by Jalen Brown raining down 3's and Tatum showing everyone that this is his team

Final Celts 139-118

Phil, IMO the title is theirs to lose. Barring injury or some unforeseen event I can't see a team from the West who can beat them . They were dropping 3's from everywhere

They are not a flashy team but rather a solid playing and well coached tam. They smelled blood last year. This should be their year

Bucks make a bit of a move in the 4th only to be thwarted by Jalen Brown raining down 3's and Tatum showing everyone that this is his team

Final Celts 139-118

Phil, IMO the title is theirs to lose. Barring injury or some unforeseen event I can't see a team from the West who can beat them . They were dropping 3's from everywhere

They are not a flashy team but rather a solid playing and well coached tam. They smelled blood last year. This should be their year
Yes Steve. They're focused. More mature. And determined to go to where they were last year. Tatum hits 41 and Brown gets 29. That's what I figured. Big games for both. They are now very close to the Bird-McHale duo in the 80s. And they're still quite young.

If the GSW could play all their games at home they could likely repeat as NBA champs. Tonight’s game was a repeat of last seasons WC finals as the Warriors dominated to beat the red hot Grizzlies

It was good to see Klay back in uniform

Final GSW 123-109

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

Final Celts 139-118

Yes, the Celts look extremely strong this year :eek:

If the GSW could play all their games at home they could likely repeat as NBA champs. Tonight’s game was a repeat of last seasons WC finals as the Warriors dominated to beat the red hot Grizzlies

It was good to see Klay back in uniform

Final GSW 123-109
Wow, I didn't expect that :eek:
At last not to that extent...
The Grizz have always been a bogey team for the Warriors

Reactions: steve williams
Reactions: jadis
Could the East come down to the Celtics and the Nets this year? The Nets are red hot and Durant is even mentioned in the Kia MVP ladder as he is playing strong at both ends of the court this year. Celtics seem to always find a way to beat them in a 7 game series

Nets and Sixers are now the hot teams in the league but Sixers seem to be upper and down whereas the Nets are always winning. The Cavs are a strong team again this year in light of recent trades and the Nets beat them easily last night

@christoph

Nets and KD should be making you smile this year. He dropped 32 last night in the win

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Not a lot has been said about this years Clippers except the pundits were claiming the Clippers recent trades had them poised to beat the Warriors in the WC finals but once again Kawhi and injuries have slowed their progress until recently

Last night's game against the Pistons had the Clipps down by 14 late in the 4th. Clipps rally to tie at end of regulation and come away with the win 142 - 131

Clippers are 4th in the west but things in the west seem to change daily as the Nuggets are 1st for the time being. FWIW I feel the EC is much stronger than the WC this year and this could be the Celts year

Could the East come down to the Celtics and the Nets this year? The Nets are red hot and Durant is even mentioned in the Kia MVP ladder as he is playing strong at both ends of the court this year. Celtics seem to always find a way to beat them in a 7 game series

Nets and Sixers are now the hot teams in the league but Sixers seem to be upper and down whereas the Nets are always winning. The Cavs are a strong team again this year in light of recent trades and the Nets beat them easily last night

@christoph

Nets and KD should be making you smile this year. He dropped 32 last night in the win
I think one reason for the Nets surge is that Ben Simmons is playing focused basketball.

as Booker goes, so go the Suns. With a groin injury and a 3 game losing streak this will be a chance for other teams to gain position as right now the Suns are only 3 games above .500

Unless a miracle happens I believe there are better teams in the west than the Suns

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu