New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
All I can tell you is that I heard them both in Munich High End 2019 in 2 different systems. Further, I (as in personal, subjective preference) preferred the Wadax Reference DAC in one system, the Atlantis Transport+DAC in another and the Esoteric P1X/D1x in a 3rd for resolving, emotion-filled musical and well imaged playback by a substantial margin over the MSB gear stack. Also preferred the TotalDAC top DAC the day before at HiFideluxe.

Caveat: the above is a personal listening experiemce and all 5 system mentioned were very different from each other so there were many variables at play.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
All I can tell you is that I heard them both in Munich High End 2019 in 2 different systems. Further, I (as in personal, subjective preference) preferred the Wadax Reference DAC in one system, the Atlantis Transport+DAC in another and the Esoteric P1X/D1x in a 3rd for resolving, emotion-filled musical and well imaged playback by a substantial margin over the MSB gear stack. Also preferred the TotalDAC top DAC the day before at HiFideluxe.

Caveat: the above is a personal listening experiemce and all 5 system mentioned were very different from each other so there were many variables at play.

My preferred DAC is the Totaldac Twelve, i've heard it many times in different situations and every time it is this one that draws me into the music.
I've also heard the MSB set up that you mentioned at Munich 2019, in a full MSB rig i did not like it especially with Magicos which is not my cup of tea.
Was not able to attend the Wadax room.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
My preferred DAC is the Totaldac Twelve, i've heard it many times in different situations and every time it is this one that draws me into the music.
I've also heard the MSB set up that you mentioned at Munich 2019, in a full MSB rig i did not like it especially with Magicos which is not my cup of tea.
Was not able to attend the Wadax room.

I heard the MSB in that all MSB system as well...

Magico are not my preferred speakers either though I do respect them immensely. The TotalDAC Twelve with the new TotalDAC stereo amp in Munich at Hifideluxe 2019, and Magico M6s was incredible as a whole musical playback organism :) !

Reactions: cmarin and CKKeung

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
IMO unless the setup is identical it’s all conjecture ps. that includes the room

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
That is correct and I attempted to touch on that when I said;

"Caveat: the above is a personal listening experience and all 5 system mentioned were very different from each other so there were many variables at play".

System includes the room, the music, gear, cables, etc...also includes IMHO the auditory assault of changing rooms, walking
down busy hallways, people talking all around you, etc.... The only thing one can be clear about is their opinion of the sound
from any one system in and of itself.

Reactions: HughP3

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Dear, May you post photos the back of Wadax Reference DaC please , because i received my Ref DAC only have the Native reference link ( 3 xlr ,1 RJ45 ) not come with Native wadax link ( 2 RJ45 )
Many thanks
Regards
Peter Vo
Hi Peter,
Most of the Wadax Ref DAC got only the 3-AES and a single ethernet A as Wadax-Link inputs.
Don't worry.

Below is the Ref DAC of a HK friend of mine.
IMG-20201008-WA0038.jpg

Reactions: 4FUN

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The 2-ethernet Wadax-Link input is a special order, if the buyer has got an older version of the Atlantis Transport which has a double-ethernet Wadax-Link output.

Newer Atlantis Transports have single-ethernet Wadax-Link output only.

Reactions: 4FUN

4FUN

Oct 2, 2020
The 2-ethernet Wadax-Link input is a special order, if the buyer has got an older version of the Atlantis Transport which has a double-ethernet Wadax-Link output.

Thank you so much for your answered
Cheers
Peter

4FUN

Oct 2, 2020

So your meaning the Newer Atlantis Transport is suitable for Atlantis Reference DAC( Native Wadax Reference link 1 RJ45 and 3 XLR ) and not suitable for the Atlantis DAC ( Native Wadax link @ ATLANTIS DAC 2 RJ45 ) if audiophiles refered connecting via Native Wadax Link?
Thanks .

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I hope you enjoy the review...
As you can read, a new Atlantis Reference Server is coming...” I may be no great fan of file replay, but to date the Atlantis Server offers the most convincing solution I’ve heard, while a Reference Server is waiting in the wings, sharing the same chassis as the main Reference DAC”.
God bless current digital age...

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I hope you enjoy the review...
As you can read, a new Atlantis Reference Server is coming...” I may be no great fan of file replay, but to date the Atlantis Server offers the most convincing solution I’ve heard, while a Reference Server is waiting in the wings, sharing the same chassis as the main Reference DAC”.
God bless current digital age...
Audioexotics, the official dealer of Wadax in Hong Kong will hold a debut demo of the new Wadax Reference Server in mid December at their Divin Lab showroom.
Javier will brief the demo attendees about the new Reference Server via Zoom.
I shall join the demo and there must be many attendee reports/comments on the event on the Audioexotics Forum afterwards.
Stay tuned!
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stereophonic

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The Ref DAC willl stay "permanently" with Robert Harley as reference dac.

IMG-20201203-WA0029.jpg

koalakoala

Aug 10, 2017
Eagerly awaiting CK's opinion on
MSB vs Wadax DAC

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Most advanced Dac deserves most advanced Server....
When everything seems to be discovered, Wadax has reached another level with features never seen before....
F40E707F-5FB2-4F37-A7DF-589D109304F2.jpeg

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing