New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
I am curious now! how does the wadax compare with the c1 mono? will someone call wadax the king of dacs atm? i havent had a chance to hear one and hence very very curious

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I don't speak the language, but even I know it's a good review Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: marmota

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
good review! thanks howie:) but gosh when did dacs get so expensive? It close to 200k aud :eek:

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Actually it was mostly a technical review with a little personal commentary at the end.
agree. from what i gather he has bought the dac after listening to it - is that right howie?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I am curious now! how does the wadax compare with the c1 mono? will someone call wadax the king of dacs atm? i havent had a chance to hear one and hence very very curious
I am also very curious. It has been many years since digital has intrigued me to investigate again. I really want to find out what happens when Yamada San finally releases his new reference digital from Zanden with Audio Exotics to see how it compares with Wadax and others.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm not sure what I would think of a guy spending €150k on a piece if he hadn't heard it first. Then again, I spent a small fortune on my room, with zero prediction of the outcome.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi stereophonic,
Had you been to the Audioexotic's Wadax Reference Server Debut a month ago?
If yes, please share with WBF brothers your experience.

The Server was connected with the Ref DAC by a very special proprietary optical cable.
It was said that the performance was much better than using the Wadax Universal Transport.
Hi CK.
No. I never have been on Audio Exotics.
Yes, there are a few Ref. Servers out there but official release has been postponed by Covid-19. This is the reason we don’t have still all the information.
You have to think Wadax Atlantis Transport isn’t on Ref. level.... It belongs to Atlantis series...

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I really want to find out what happens when Yamada San finally releases his new reference digital from Zanden with Audio Exotics to see how it compares with Wadax and others.
Until where i know, Yamada is making a Cd Player. It will be interesting for sure....

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
the question is whether he bought the dac before or after he first heard it? what is the context of the review?

just say'n.

i also am curious about this new super dac? has the bar been raised?
:):):)
Howie has been very diplomatic...

Obviously, you don’t had to know it but Lincoln Cheng is the chief editor of Audiotechnique.
Howie could explain better than me what that means...
He has listened Wadax from the first designs to the new ones and has reviewed all of them....
He knows very well how Ref. Dac sounds before the review by his visits to AE, so i can assure you he is writing about his new own Ref. Dac...
As you can read, yes. The bar has being raised, and don’t by a minimal margin...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) i also am curious about this new super dac? has the bar been raised?
According to my usual sources, yes, the bar has been raised. But do not expect a DAC that sounds like vinyl ... ;)

Reactions: Sunny and marmota

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
According to my usual sources, yes, the bar has been raised. But do not expect a DAC that sounds like vinyl ... ;)
my vinyl has leaped ahead more (in degrees) than my digital over these last years in spite of my considerable digital efforts, i have zero illusions i will ever see them as the same level (they will never be the same). maybe someone someday will see that?

it's inevitable that there will be forward movement of digital performance up the diminishing curve. and if the Wadax is one of those steps, there will be another later.

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I certainly hope not. ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing