New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
i find this more interesting in elliots signature .

USA distributors for Halcro Electronics from Australia -2022

Good to see them back

Reactions: Lee

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Did they tell you if they expect that spinning physical media will sound better than playing the files using their server?
no , is that what you want to hear?
When it comes you will have to listen and decide for yourself :)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
no , is that what you want to hear?

No, I had hope about something more informative. :confused:

When it comes you will have to listen and decide for yourself :)

Yes, it is what I did it with the Vivaldi. With regret , I still prefer the physical media.

BTW, I hope to be able to listen to the Wadax Reference DAC soon.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
No, I had hope about something more informative. :confused:

Yes, it is what I did it with the Vivaldi. With regret , I still prefer the physical media.

there is no information at this time since the product is not an existing one. We shall see if it becomes one in 2022??? The Atlantis X is really good and it will be really something if they can substantially top it.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
i find this more interesting in elliots signature .

USA distributors for Halcro Electronics from Australia -2022

Good to see them back
First amp arrived while I was at the show. As soon as I get my room back together and have a few days I will post some comments and pictures of the Eclipse.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
...Yes, it is what I did it with the Vivaldi. With regret , I still prefer the physical media.

Hi Micro - in other words, you prefer your Vivaldi Transport to the Taiko Extreme when either is playing thru the Vivaldi DAC?

When you hear the Wadax Ref, if you are listening in your own system...or if you are listening in another system where you can compare with Vivaldi...I would be very interested to know what you think. When you say 'soon'...when do you think that might be exactly?

Reactions: ashandger

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I loved this room at CAF. Robert Harley has a Wadax in for review and he told me it was really spectacular. I was already a fan of the Gobels but the level of resolution of the digital files Elliot was playing was really special. I am headed to Florida in the new few months and I look forward to hearing them in the Bending Wave reference room.

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0303.jpeg IMG_0305.jpeg

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I loved this room at CAF. Robert Harley has a Wadax in for review and he told me it was really spectacular. I was already a fan of the Gobels but the level of resolution of the digital files Elliot was playing was really special. I am headed to Florida in the new few months and I look forward to hearing them in the Bending Wave reference room.

View attachment 84855

View attachment 84853 View attachment 84854
Lovely speakers as well.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Another vote for Elliott's room; the Wadax Reference DAC did everything I remember from Munich 2019 and seemingly more. The new Reference Server & Streamer was similarly impressive and I'd like to know a lot more about the new Atlantis/X upgraded transport that hit our shores a couple days before the shore and was present in the room. The newer Goebel speakers were to my ears excellent and I think I liked them even more than I liked their next level up brothers, Divine Noblesse in Munich 2019!

The pairing of gear and cables with speakers was masterful as was the setup which seemed perfect. I was quite frankly surprised to hear a typical hotel venue room be made to sound as if it wasn't a hotel venue room and Elliott pulled it off most assuredly. IMHO he was one of a few setup masters at the show that really aced it.

Top to bottom coherency, full range frequency extension, lifelike imaging, tone, etc....this room had it all!

I've seen some folks posting saying it was a great room "but would have been better with a better amp than the JC1+". Honestly the sound
of those amps surprised the hell out of me and if they would have been behind a screen, I would not have known they were there and others
would not have posted comments such as that on various forums. They were proof that you don't have to have a bank of $50K-$100K+ amps
that look like small coffins at an even more deadly weight:p and price combo to pair with gear like the Goebel and Wadax to get a room to sound great.

Well done Elliott!

Last edited:

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Another vote for Elliott's room; the Wadax Reference DAC did everything I remember from Munich 2019 and seemingly more. The new Reference Server & Streamer was similarly impressive and I'd like to know a lot more about the new Atlantis/X upgraded transport that hit our shores a couple days before the shore and was present in the room. The newer Goebel speakers were to my ears excellent and I think I liked them even more than I liked their next level up brothers, Divine Noblesse in Munich 2019!

The pairing of gear and cables with speakers was masterful as was the setup which seemed perfect. I was quite frankly surprised to hear a typical hotel venue room be made to sound as if it wasn't a hotel venue room and Elliott pulled it off most assuredly. IMHO he was one of a few setup masters at the show that really aced it.

Top to bottom coherency, full range frequency extension, lifelike imaging, tone, etc....this room had it all!

I've seen some folks posting saying it was a great room "but would have been better with a better amp than the JC1+". Honestly the sound
of those amps surprised the hell out of me and if they would have been behind a screen, I would not have known they were there and others
would not have posted comments such as that on various forums. They were proof that you don't have to have a bank of $50K-$100K+ amps
that look like small coffins at an even more deadly weight:p and price combo to pair with gear like the Goebel and Wadax to get a room to sound great.

Well done Elliott!
Thank you very much for your report.
I'm very suprised about JC1+ opinions. I haven´t listened them so i have to admit i've changed my opinion from "not enought good" to very interesting amplifiers.
Living and learning............

Reactions: SCAudiophile

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
9D5C0ABE-0683-47F9-A28A-8D16FE56ACA3.jpeg E5722CAB-D525-4905-812B-1A84D9FDC442.jpeg 24B16445-C1D1-4DB4-84B1-677959D86494.jpeg E98066DC-6899-4ACE-8038-DF70863F27B8.jpeg

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
This afternoon at Sound Sevilla. Quite impressive sound, although the 25 m2 of the room was insufficient for the Göbel speakers.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Yes correct, they are the M Project

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Looks like a good size room.I got bigger speakers than that in a smaller room.
I don't think that room in the picture is too small for the Divin Marquis. I will say that having a pair of speakers behind them is not the greatest for sound . This would also be true in reverse to be fair as well if you were listening to the M-Pros with the Marquis behind them. The best way would be with only one pair of speakers in the room period. If he has to have the second pair there they should be moved behind the listening position and short out the speaker inputs so that the speakers have minimal effect on what is playing up front. That is however a really nice looking room.
FYI my room is approx 16 by 23.3 with 10 foot ceilings and we have wonderful results with the Marquis. Enjoy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing