One (1) Most Important Live Concert You Wish You Had Seen?

If you had to name only one (1) live concert that you could have gone to see anywhere, anytime but did not, what would it have been? (No list . . . No honorable mentions . . . Only one.)

This topic comes to us courtesy of Marty.

Great question, Ron.

There is only one I regret missing: Above & Beyond when they did their Acoustic tour (which was them with an orchestra).

Their concert video of Live at the Hollywood Bowl is EPIC and I actually use a song from that as one of my reference review songs.

It's incredible to know the normal versions of their songs and to see how they completely changed them, yet remained true to the songs at the same time for that tour.

Pink Floyd - The Division Bell Tour. I was in high school, could have been there but didn't want to deal with the heavy rain.
Alice In Chains - Never got to see them with Layne Staley

Horowitz "An Historic Return" to Carnegie Hall, 1965. This was Horowitz's first concert after stopping performing in 1953. Recorded by Columbia on an album of the same name. I was in college in Boston at the time. I wish I had made the extraordinary effort to get tickets and go down to NYC.

Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing