Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
20211107_085204.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Link and PSAF

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Looking forward to the show coming up in Seattle at the end of July. Anybody here planning to be there?

rubinken

Jan 15, 2020
Olympia, WA, USA
Looking forward to the show coming up in Seattle at the end of July. Anybody here planning to be there?
I expect to be there assuming this friggin' Covid is less transferable then.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I just booked a room at the Pacific Audiofest. Look for the “Rhapsody-out-West” room.

I will bring Alsyvox Botticelli “X”, Pilium Alexander pre-amp, Achilles power amp, probably Esoteric Digital (unless I’m able to get a new Pilium Venus DAC by then).

So those folks here on the left side of the continent wanting hear Alsyvox and Pilium… see you there. All the cool people are going :cool:

I (Bob.west) and Rhapsody Bob (Bob.east) will be hosting… two Bob’s = twice the fun!

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I expect to be there assuming this friggin' Covid is less transferable then.
Kind of looks like Covid is with us for the long haul. We'll see what the numbers look like at the end of July but if they're still high come with an N95 mask. Then you can roam the rooms and halls and not give it a thought.

Reactions: rubinken

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
How about the rest of you? Is anybody else coming to the Pacific Audiofest in Seattle at the end of July? Anyone out there who's in the area but hasn't heard about the show?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
How about the rest of you? Is anybody else coming to the Pacific Audiofest in Seattle at the end of July? Anyone out there who's in the area but hasn't heard about the show?

I'll be there...

Reactions: Jaguar

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
My main focus will be on Dac.

I have been using Dave and Mscaler for last 3 years.

It give lot of details and clarity but could sound hot from time to time.

I still keep Emmlab Dac2 which sounds slightly relaxed compared with Dave.

I have never listened to Asylvox in person, so it will be good.

It seems that Aries Cerat wont be in Pacific Audiofest.

That is too bad.:(

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
It seems that Aries Cerat wont be in Pacific Audiofest.

That is too bad.:(
I wouldn't assume any brand will not be at the show. Many dealers have not submitted their brands and the list on the website is not up to date yet.

Reactions: thomask

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Well, it looks like the very first Pacific Audio Fest is on the way to really getting to be done this time. The organizers and exhibitors are excited and making plans for what to show and also entertainment. I'm excited! An Audio show in my own backyard!

Genesis will be there in the largest room we could get, with Merrill Audio Advanced Technology Labs and VPI Industries - in Cascade 9.

More info: https://www.pacificaudiofest.com/

1654891368972.jpeg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Gary
Sorry I will not be there. Thanks for posting a better poster. For those whose are interested in Class D it is the place to go.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I love big band and use their music regularly in my demos. So, we are sponsoring a big band to come and play for the attendees.

The Kings of Swing have performed in venues such as the SpaceNeedle, 5th Ave Theatre, Bothell Landing, NorthWest Folklife Festival, Seattle Trade Center, Seattle Museum of Flight, and the Crossroads Mall Stage. Now, we are getting them to perform at the Pacific Audio Fest on Friday July 29th at the Pacific Audio Fest.

The Kings of Swing is a 17-piece dance band that originated in 1944 at Seattle’s Cleveland High School. The young members loved playing and, after graduating, they decided to stick together. The group soon became known as the Kings of Swing; a tip of the hat to the King of Swing Benny Goodman. They played through the war years until 1949 at service clubs, YMCA and USO dances, high school proms, and various other functions.

In 1987 the seven original members decided to revive the band. In 1993 The band was part of a Cultural Exchange and traveled to St Petersburg, Russia to play as part of the White Nights Festival. In 1998 the Kings laid down a track for the movie The Trouble with Boys and Girls. The last of the original members have retired, but their legacy is still part of the Kings of Swing tradition of excellent music.

Lead by band leader Paul Sawtelle for the past 25+ years, the Kings of Swing are coming to the Pacific Audio Fest.

If you haven't got your tickets to the show yet, get them here: https://www.pacificaudiofest.com/

Kings of Swing 1e.jpg

Kings of Swing 3e.jpg

Kings of Swing 2e.jpg

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Gary
Sorry I will not be there. Thanks for posting a better poster. For those whose are interested in Class D it is the place to go.

That's a pity! We are going to get into all sorts of trouble..... good trouble. GREAT live music. Saturday night is Halie Loren and her band!!

Reactions: Bobvin

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I will be showing there this year. I hope those attending will introduce themselves. My room will be easy to identify as I believe I'm still the only one who uses a short throw projector behind the system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing