PACIFIC AUDIO FEST

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
This will be at the Pacific Audio Fest.
Phasemation - EA-1200 (Japanese Phono Preamplifier)

Jaguar Audio – Room 7115
EA1200.png

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
A hotel room is a challenging place to drop an audio system and have high hopes, but I think, at this early stage, I’ve managed to get the Alsyvox / Pilium rig sounding pretty good. Be sure to swing by room 2203 and say hi!

753D8C96-18D1-4A00-80A0-1C2E2DFAAE6C.jpeg

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

I had gone through all the rooms today.

it was lot of fun.

Half of them sounds good.

30% of them so so.

20 of them problematic.

The best sounding speaker to me is Genesis system driven by Merril Audio pre and power amp, source was VPI turntable.

In very large room, this huge Genesis speaker gave live sound of big band with clariry.

Last edited:

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

The most intimate and musical sound is from Kroma Julieta speaker (white one)

I had planned to attend all three days.

But I am too tired after dropping more than 40 rooms today.

I will take a day off Saturday and be back to it on Sunday.

Last edited:

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
A hotel room is a challenging place to drop an audio system and have high hopes, but I think, at this early stage, I’ve managed to get the Alsyvox / Pilium rig sounding pretty good. Be sure to swing by room 2203 and say hi!
Glad I did stop by, indeed sounding great. And nice to meet in person!

Erik

Reactions: Bobvin

speshal

Mar 8, 2018
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I have over 60 videos from the Pacific Audio Fest and more to come. Tomorrow I'll release my wrap-up video with "best rooms", but nearly everything was better than most shows because of a few factors:

1. The attendance was really light. Thus, the noise floor was low and you could get the prime listening seat in almost every room.
2. The standard hotel rooms were a couple feet wider than other shows. It allowed more models to breathe and get more optimal performance.
3. Similar to 1, the number of vendors was low so there wasn't a lot of bleed through between rooms....especially conference rooms which typically have other around them. VAC and Acora had big conference rooms without a lot of competition nearby adding to the noise floor.

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Any impressions of the Arion Audio speakers?

speshal

Mar 8, 2018
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
Any impressions of the Arion Audio speakers?
I have a comprehensive video (over 40 minutes) that covers virtually everything that stood out to me. The Arion were very good and reminded me of a pair of speakers I owned in the past (and still own). I address that in the upcoming video which I think I will release tomorrow or Friday. If you have any further questions after that, just let me know...but in short...they were impressive...I did find other open baffles I liked better though as you'll hear.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
DI'd anyone visit Joseph Audio room?

Reactions: Alrainbow

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

I enjoyed Pacific audiofest very much.

It had been 10 years since I attended any audio show.

CES audio show 2011 at Las Vegas was the last time that I did.

This audio show let me spend 30k$. :cool:

6k $ on Margules pre amp which I bought just after the show close.

After listening to lot of exceelnt sound using Aurender music server, I auditioned N20 at home.

But I had decided to buy N 30 instead for further upgrade.

I listened to " Ketith don't go" at many rooms.

I am happy to listent to the music at my home using new pre amp and N20 that I auditioned at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubinken

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Did someone listen to the new INNUOS PULSE streamer and compare it to the STATEMENT?
Thx

Matt

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Did anyone spend time in the Troy Audio ( GPA ) room?

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Did anyone spend time in the Troy Audio ( GPA ) room?
I did .

They made new speaker using Altec basshorn adding small horn tweter in the same enclosure.

It sounds ok but not up to the standard set by Altec A7.

It is small so that people can use it in small room with SET amp.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing