QSA : My take on their expensive products

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
For QSA power cords that I have, consistent experience has been pretty good (with hints of roughness) out of the box, then downhill, then a roller coast ride, finally settling out after a couple weeks. From there, a nice mellow improvement until things settle nicely.

Quite a surreal experience actually. Most significant burn in up and downs I've experienced.
I can't tell from your response if you are sold on the QSA power cords being the best you have experienced. What did you have before and how did they compare?

ray-dude

Dec 8, 2019
I can't tell from your response if you are sold on the QSA power cords being the best you have experienced. What did you have before and how did they compare?

I currently have 5 power cords in my system:

3x Gamma Infinity
1x Sablon King that I upgraded to a Spectra Infinity
1x Sablon King (original)

previously I have auditioned revelation PCs as well. For me infinity >> revelation, but much wilder ride during burn in

once burned in each has been a step forward for me. There is a voicing process that I iterated through, but I ended up with a near full set of QSA-L PCs at the end of it

I may still upgrade my other Sablon King to a spectra, or I may bite the bullet and audition the Ultimatum PCs when available. TBD

I am holding off from additional QSA in my system until I receive my Ultimstum speaker cables. More so than other components, it is important to audition these cables in a system to make sure you hit the right balance for your system and ear. I am expecting the SCs to shift the balance again, and I want to get back to equilibrium before taking a next step

I recommend building your loom incrementally, learning impact the cables have on different components and in combination. The cables reveal quite a bit. That creates opportunities to tweak and shape other parts of your system, but it can also swing into “too much” territory as you dial things in.

The incremental approach worked well for me, but I think I would have gone off the deep end if I went all in from the beginning, esp with the crazy burn in roller coaster with infinity cables

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
BTW cable cookers are not snake-oil, they work!

And believe it or not, diff cable cookers (Telos, Nordost, Audiodharma, Blue Horizon ...etc) produce diff sound characters.
:p

Here is the newest model from Telos of Taiwan : Telos QBT V5.1 Cable Cooker.
It's not cheap. In HK the net price is >usd10 !
o_O
View attachment 98021
View attachment 98022
View attachment 98023
BTW cable cookers are not snake-oil, they work!

And believe it or not, diff cable cookers (Telos, Nordost, Audiodharma, Blue Horizon ...etc) produce diff sound characters.

Here is the newest model from Telos of Taiwan : Telos QBT V5.1 Cable Cooker.
It's not cheap. In HK the net price is >usd10 !
o_O
View attachment 98021
View attachment 98022
View attachment 98023
I have just recently got my own QBT as well, and I have to say , this bad boys work ! it makes the cable's directional so much better ! if you have a good system and cables , this QBT really really makes a great investment to make your cables perform to its true potentials!

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
https://www.qsa-lanedri.com/ -- It's a different thread:

Cybermaggies

Nov 27, 2020
Federal Way, WA
Does anyone know who will be the USA distributor for QSA since tweekgeek is no longer carrying QSA products.

• Wow
Reactions: keithc

vert

Oct 26, 2015
I have just recently got my own QBT as well, and I have to say , this bad boys work ! it makes the cable's directional so much better ! if you have a good system and cables , this QBT really really makes a great investment to make your cables perform to its true potentials!

I would personally only burn in power cables, if that.

I tried cooking interconnects and speaker cable and the sound becomes way too lean.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I've never found that cooking is even close to sufficient.

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
I have read in this thread about the use of QSA yellow fuses for a subwoofer.
I plan to replace the stock fuse of my newly acquired REL 31.

What are your recommendations?
As mentioned in this thread, I consider a QSA yellow.

TIA for your input!

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
I have read in this thread about the use of QSA yellow fuses for a subwoofer.
I plan to replace the stock fuse of my newly acquired REL 31.

What are your recommendations?
As mentioned in this thread, I consider a QSA yellow.

TIA for your input!

The first place I ever tried a QSA fuse was in my REL subwoofer. The yellow fuse was an obvious improvement over the stock fuse. The biggest surprise was the improvement I heard in the midrange portion of the spectrum. A friend had a similar result when he added a QSA-Lanedri power cable to his subwoofer.

Reactions: engadin

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
I am just fooling around with power cords for the REL, effects do reach up to high frequencies, to my considerable surprise.

Did you compare with other fuses in your subwoofer?

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
I am just fooling around with power cords for the REL, effects do reach up to high frequencies, to my considerable surprise.

Did you compare with other fuses in your subwoofer?

I went from yellow to red. I felt the improvement from stock -> yellow was greater than yellow -> red. Going to silver is a huge jump over everything else, but I have never tried a silver fuse in my subwoofer. I have them elsewhere in my system.

Reactions: engadin

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Most any audio oriented aftermarket fuse will be an improvement over an OEM in your sub(s). I have reds in mine, but that’s only because there were no more red-blacks in the needed value range at the sale price. I would think a Yellow would be fine, at least for a start. I don’t know though how it compares with similarly priced SR’s.

Last edited:

an.vamv

Mar 18, 2014
Has anyone with a Taiko Extreme server compared a QSA gold switch vs a Taiko switch ??

Roger

Sep 25, 2023
Sweden
I can't stand the itch and replace my Black-Red receptacle with the higher Ultra Black-Red receptacle

View attachment 84991

There are 4 minute gemstones on the Ultra Black-Red whereas the Black-Red has two only.
View attachment 84992
View attachment 84993

This is what a friend of mine who has also replaced his B-R to Ultra B-R said :
"Tried the ultra in my system more in depth tonight, confirming what I had heard it in LS system twice briefly. It is not about frequency extension, not more high or low. It is all about timing and coherence. It keeps smearing of sound to a minimum such that every instrument has its own space and envelope, and every musical line can be easily followed. ???????ultra, ??????????????? (natural)?"
:cool:

Attachments

• C99FE93F-F4F9-4A5F-A5DD-11B11FE2BA77.jpeg
    C99FE93F-F4F9-4A5F-A5DD-11B11FE2BA77.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: MusicTraveler

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I have 2 silver 1 blackred ultra and 2 blackred in my power supply
Do you have a power conditioner or do you plug all of your components direct to your outlets? If so, which components do you have goign to which outlet?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing