QSA : My take on their expensive products

Good to see you hear differences in cables. So you’re a believer that cables make a difference like me. Seems your main issue is marketing methods and price/value.

It’s true QSAL sells direct and so the only way to get to hear it is to visit an existing owner or borrow it from them. Still pretty rare unfortunately I guess.

Reactions: ssfas
Good to see you hear differences in cables. So you’re a believer that cables make a difference like me. Seems your main issue is marketing methods and price/value.

It’s true QSAL sells direct and so the only way to get to hear it is to visit an existing owner or borrow it from them. Still pretty rare unfortunately I guess.
I'm not much of a cable believer. I do believe in high quality DIN phono cables for MC, which is why I first contacted Mark Sears at Vinyl Passion.

I believe in good insulation of power and signal cables. I have cheaper XLR cables from Mogami (via Amazon). I think the Vinyl Passion ones are better, not blind tested.

I love the floppy Puritan cables as they take almost no space.

Ethernet and speaker cables - made to specification and I use Belden cables that cost $10 and $70 respectively.

The marketing amuses me. There's no evidence any of it is true. No evident research. No measurements. Lots of words. Not just QSAL, others as well. My usual approach is to call the manufacturer and speak to them direct. Many of them are very helpful and direct, they don't spew marketing babble, just talk like normal humans. This is how I've chosen most of my hifi, along with home loans.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing