Ron's Speaker, Turntable, Power and Room Treatment Upgrades

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thank you David. Sounds like Ron’s solution.
Doesn't have to be, lesser engineered more basic products can also be used together with Nothing Racks and I believe with the other brands too. These basic products might have some shortcomings but they don't suffer the incompatibilities associated with the brands discussed here.

david

Reactions: PeterA

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I think people's estimates of much much equipment moves is overblown to say the least. For that reason I've come to start calling most products as 'jigglers' because when you introduce something to let more hysteresis happen than there is, you are essentially jiggling the equipment.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

We should certainly add SRA and probably a couple more to this group of higher end manufacturers. The point I was making goes beyond footers and platforms of one manufacturer inside another brand's rack, it's the mixing of these brands in any capacity in a high resolution system.

Same point as I made, David when I agreed with you. Along with the additional point that at least for one manufacturer, using two of their own products together can work because they can be designed to work together. I understand you are talking your book and that's fine.

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Yes, indeed. Thank you, Jeff.

But I will be excited to try your Lamm hybrids on the speakers!

I think JackD is in a great position to compare for us the Lamm hybrid to the KR Audio Kronzilla DX or DXL reverse hybrid.
Kronzilla SDX is to too neutral sounding for me in my system but they are great no doubts. Maybe they are more neutral because they reverse hybrid? ;)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
After thinking that we would not want to move back to the house until every single thing is done and every "T" is crossed and every "I" is dotted, we are now thinking that it might be easier to discover final punch-list-type problems if we are living there day to day than if we are visiting for inspection for merely a couple of hours per week. We are now thinking about moving back in around the end of March or the beginning of April.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
After thinking that we would not want to move back to the house until every single thing is done and every "T" is crossed and every "I" is dotted, we are now thinking that it might be easier to discover final punch-list-type problems if we are living there day to day than if we are visiting for inspection for merely a couple of hours per week. We are now thinking about moving back in around the end of March or the beginning of April.
Smart thinking Ron....

Reactions: PeterA

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Good call. As long as you are willing to put up with the hassle (think of the contractors coming back in while you live there)...you will undoubtedly discover more things on your punch list by living there, working everything, running the showers for a full 20 minutes at your perfect temperature (as opposed to running it for 3 minutes while you are holding a clipboard).

Reactions: Ron Resnick

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hopefully your remaining work isn't too disruptive. We didn't plan for thermal insulation works at the chapel, but we've learnt the hard way this was a mistake. Next month we sort major floor insulation/150 year old reclaimed flooring in the main living space and kitchen, and in 3-4 years we sort interior wall insulation in the main space.
Both of these are hugely disruptive. Hoping your remaining jobs don't upend your lives too much.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Wow that is good news, have them finish your listening room first ! :)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hopefully your remaining work isn't too disruptive. We didn't plan for thermal insulation works at the chapel, but we've learnt the hard way this was a mistake. Next month we sort major floor insulation/150 year old reclaimed flooring in the main living space and kitchen, and in 3-4 years we sort interior wall insulation in the main space.
Both of these are hugely disruptive. Hoping you remaining jobs don't upend your lives too much.

Good luck with that complicated project, Marc!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
We would not move any of the stuff in storage back into the house until after every single tiny thing is done and every T is crossed. We would move back only the stuff we have presently in the house we are renting. So the house will remain completely empty except for the main bedroom and bathroom and the kitchen.

The wood floors are done, which means the floors are finished throughout the house, except for the listening room and the home theater/audio equipment room/record storage loft next to the listening room, al of which which will be carpeted.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can you imagine the unpacking. Io, VTLs, Pendragons...oh, and for good measure, the AS-2000. Christmas comes early.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Good luck with that complicated project, Marc!
Well, its absorbed the budget I could have put into a handful of major gear upgrades. Luckily, I really like my current sound, so no real sacrifice.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Can you imagine the unpacking. Io, VTLs, Pendragons...oh, and for good measure, the AS-2000. Christmas comes early.

I won't have to think about unpacking until a long time from now. In a few months I will have to think about delivery.

I don't have physical possession of anything except for one phono cartridge.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
We would not move any of the stuff in storage back into the house until after every single tiny thing is done and every T is crossed. We would move back only the stuff we have presently in the house we are renting. So the house will remain completely empty except for the main bedroom and bathroom and the kitchen.

The wood floors are done, which means the floors are finished throughout the house, except for the listening room and the home theater/audio equipment room/record storage loft next to the listening room, al of which which will be carpeted.

Ron, if you move in by March or let’s say April, that still gives the contractors a full eight weeks to finish whatever they are doing. That is more than plenty of time it seems to me to complete punchlists. I can’t imagine they would still be there if you move in in April.

if there is a mix of interior and exterior work get them to focus on the interior now and be done so you can move in and not deal with them on the inside of your house.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I won't have to think about unpacking until a long time from now. In a few months I will have to think about delivery.

David could use a road trip just about now ! ;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

At least that's one more piece of gear than Ked has.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing