Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

Newtoncr

Aug 10, 2020
Cleveland, ohio
www.swgeneral.com
Dear all, this is Marcus from company Seismion.

We are glad to read this positive review of our isolator for the audio market, thanks a lot! As mentioned before, they are originally developed for industrial use like semiconductor manufacturing and metrology.

As the review stated, it seems there is an audible difference between our active isolator and other brands. This might be due to our electronics design. We use input to output stage all-linear amplifiers, while at least Accurion has a switching output amplifier stage as far as we know (about Herzan we don't know). That is the reason why we might have a real advantage concerning linearity and noise.

Also the power consumption of one "Reactio" is typically only about 2-3 Watts, this should also be much less than other active isolators.

I just quickly followed this thread, and TheMooN made me aware of some outdated specifications on our website, which I have now updated.
So, we are offering the "Reactio" isolator in two versions, one up to 80 kg, the other 160 kg payload capacity. Sorry for any confusion.

I can also confirm the price of 4.800 Euro for 500x400 mm version (plus shipping costs). If there is also demand for 600x600 mm version, this would be 5.600 Euro.

Delivery time is typically about 6 weeks, but we are going to produce in stock to reduce future delivery time.

Feel free to ask any further questions, me and co-fouinder Sebastian will be glad to answer you under this account or via email.

Greetings,
Marcus
Hi Marcus
I am interested in the 500mm by 600mm isolation platform for my nvs turntable .
The rack it would be sitting in is only 475 mm deep .is it possible to place the 4 corner adjustable feet a little inside so that the foot print will be 475 mm deep. Or else I would need to buy your hpl top plate and use it between the isolation platform and my rack platform. Either way it will work .

<personal information deleted> Please contact the poster for contact information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seismion

Holmz

Apr 19, 2022
Hi Marcus
I am interested in the 500mm by 600mm isolation platform for my nvs turntable .
The rack it would be sitting in is only 475 mm deep .is it possible to place the 4 corner adjustable feet a little inside so that the foot print will be 475 mm deep. Or else I would need to buy your hpl top plate and use it between the isolation platform and my rack platform. Either way it will work .

My address is

Looking forward to hearing from you.
That is a lot of personal info to post.
The info and your schedule would be “an invite”.

i suppose it could be worse if your SSN was on it.

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
SEISMION AT HIGH-END EXHIBITION IN MUNICH FROM MAY 18-21

Hello guys,
we are excited to inform you that Seismion will be co-exhibitor at the upcoming High-End in Munich. We can be found in booth H3, M06.

There will be a Seismion Reactio active isolator available to see and experience the improvement in music when coupled with a turntable.

Both Sebastian and me will be present the whole time from thursday until sunday. We are looking very much forward to meet you personally, in case you can make it to Munich.

Best greetings,
Marcus

TLi

May 27, 2016

Hello guys,
we are excited to inform you that Seismion will be co-exhibitor at the upcoming High-End in Munich. We can be found in booth H3, M06.

There will be a Seismion Reactio active isolator available to see and experience the improvement in music when coupled with a turntable.

Both Sebastian and me will be present the whole time from thursday until sunday. We are looking very much forward to meet you personally, in case you can make it to Munich.

Best greetings,
Marcus
Look forward to seeing you in Munich.

Your new product must be exciting.

Reactions: JEB42 and hogen

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017

Hello guys,

Best greetings,
Marcus
Great! I will surely check your booth.

Reactions: JEB42 and hogen

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Hello guys,

Best greetings,
Marcus
Hi Marcus,
Is your new product at the coming Munich Show 2023 the following Thorens?
:D

image-1-1683233669.jpg

thorens_reference_turntable_new_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2023_high_end_audiophile_lux...jpg

Thorens Launches "New Reference" Turntable​

FEATURES FULLY ACTIVE VIBRATION ISOLATION BY SEISMION​

Very very interesting !!!
:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: TLi and JEB42

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
Reactions: TLi and Solypsa

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
Hi Marcus,
Is your new product at the coming Munich Show 2023 the following Thorens?
:D

View attachment 108881

View attachment 108882

Thorens Launches "New Reference" Turntable​

FEATURES FULLY ACTIVE VIBRATION ISOLATION BY SEISMION​

Very very interesting !!!
:cool:
Hello CKKeung,

yes, this is indeed the new product that will be presented to the audience at the Munich High-End Exhibition by Thorens!
I think with all respect we can say that Seismion added some core parts to this new Turntable. It features our fully active vibration control know from our "Reactio", but with an even improved isolation performance, and also a new active Wow and flutter control.

As far as I know, there will be at least one New Reference in operation durinh the exhibition, and also a joint press conference with Thorens and Seismion.

Beside that, we will also showcase our "Reactio" at the exhibition, coupled with another turntable placed on it.

Cheers,
Marcus

Reactions: JEB42 and CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

The new Thorens Reference turnable.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
The active vibration unit integrated into the Thorens New Reference is not our standard Seismion Reactio, but it features several improvements and modifications, such as
- higher isolation performance
- adjustment to a higher payload range
- adaptive leveling with precision of approx. 20 µm
- further improved electronics with minimal noise in the audible frequency range
- display with some information about isolation status.

Seismion will announce a new "Seismion Reactio Pro" soon, which will also feature these new improvements (in the form of a platform, similar to the Reactio), so stay tuned for more infos!

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
There is a new BLOG entry on the Seismion site relating to the introduction of the new REACTION PLUS model.

My understanding is it will be about 2.25 times the current pricing of the Standard Reactio models. It has 3X the isolation ability, not to be confused with 3X the performance but I suspect there will be a good performance bump. Apparently both sizes of 54 and 65 will be available with a payload of 40 kg. 80kg will follow later they say.

I think the further future will hold a place for a REACTIO Pro model adding a further performance bump, Automatic levelling and a read out.

Reactions: CKKeung

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
More information has been posted on the Seismion site about the Reactio Plus.

Seismion is proud to announce the product launch of the new active vibration isolator Reactio Plus.

The Reactio Plus is the cumulative result of our constant development since the Reactio was introduced more than one year ago. While sharing the same housing parts and appearance of the Reactio, it will offer an isolation performance, which is about three times higher than the Reactio. Even more importantly, the low-frequency isolation is starting around 0.75 Hz with the Reactio Plus, compared to 1.5 Hz of Reactio.

The Reactio is highly praised by our customers in the field of high-quality audio, and this version will remain in our product range.

The new Reactio Plus with its exceptional isolation performance is for our dedicated audiophile users, which thrive for the perfect reproduction of their music. To appreciate the loyalty of our existing customers, we will offer them a very special discount and priorised delivery.

The Reactio Plus comes in the same dimensions like the Reactio, which are 500×400 mm and 600×500 mm. For the beginning, there will be two payload ranges, one for 0-40 kg and another for 40-80 kg.

More information will be shared very soon, so stay tuned!

The below graphic shows metallic footers, which are optional and fit to Reactio and Reactio Plus.

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
What’s the platform underneath the TechDAS?
That's a Newport Benchtop 24" x 20" Pneumatic system. This one has a custom quarts top on it. We've been using a mix of Vibraplanes, Newports and Minus K's over the last 25 yrs. Just replaced them all with the Seismion's for the better! Have not done the one under the TechDAS yet. I have a new table coming in that uses a Minus K.

We do use the Seimion under the TechDAS AF-VPremium. It replaced the Minus K we had been using for it.

IMG_3623.jpeg

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
We have been asked by a few members on the size and nomenclature of the Seismion Reactio Products along with a bit of their performance characteristics.

The Reactio 541 and 542 are the same price. In order to achieve the 160kg increased weight limits the isolation ability goes down slightly. They have to add more supports thus allowing some additional vibration through. The proposed, not ready yet, PLUS versions will have three times the Isolation (not to be confused with performance). The 543 and 544 models will have the SAME isolation abilities but will be priced differently. We expect those prices to be slightly over 2 times the price of the standard versions.

Standard
541: 500x400 mm, 0-80 kg( 19.7”x15.75” 0-176 lbs)
542: 500x400 mm, 0-160 kg( 19.7”x15.75” 0-352 lbs)
651: 600x500 mm, 0-80 kg( 23.6”x19.7” 0-176 lbs)
652: 600x500 mm, 0-160 kg( 23.6”x19.7” 0-352 lbs)

Plus
543: 500x400 mm, 0-40 kg( 19.7”x15.75” 0-88 lbs)
544: 500x400 mm, 40-80 kg( 19.7”x15.75” 88-176 lbs)
653: 600x500 mm, 0-40 kg( 23.6”x19.7” 0-88 lbs)
654: 600x500 mm, 40-80 kg( 23.6”x19.7” 88-176 lbs)

I hope that is helpful to many of you.

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
...hello and thanks for the post @JEB42 Please excuse my deficiencies in this area, but would you be able to refine the relationship among vibration, isolation and performance concepts?

Is isolation from external energy and vibration from internal energy?

Three times the isolation...but not to be confused with performance...is confusing (to me). Cheers.

Reactions: JEB42

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
...hello and thanks for the post @JEB42 Please excuse my deficiencies in this area, but would you be able to refine the relationship among vibration, isolation and performance concepts?

Is isolation from external energy and vibration from internal energy?

Three times the isolation...but not to be confused with performance...is confusing (to me). Cheers.
Hello Markus,
the isolation performance is typically given as the ratio of remaining vibration amplitudes on the isolated part and the vibration amplitudes on the base (the transmissibility of the isolator). Due to the dynamical behaviour of the mechanical structure and the control loop, this is a frequency-dependent value.
The Reactio goes down to about -30 dB reduction above 10 Hz, which means vibrations on top are only 3% of the floor amplitudes. The new Reactio plus will have an isolation of -40 dB (1%), and in this context therefore about 3 times better.
What Jonathan meant is, that 3 times better isolation will most likely not produce a 3 times better audible result compared to the standard Reactio when used in the Hifi-system, since already the Reactio is on a very high level. We certainly believe the difference from Reactio to Reactio plus will be recognizable and audible, but to what extend is yet to be seen. I am sure there will be new reviews from users of our isolators once they received and tested them.
Beside that, the transmissibility is not the only factor that describes the isolation performance. Also the linearity of the electronics, the noise floor and several other factors also play a role.

Since all Reactio are active isolators, the isolation requires external (electrical) energy. However, the the control unit is of course designed in such a way that it actually takes out energy of the system.

Best greetings,
Marcus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing