Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
No The shorter side..Who wants the display in their face all the time?
Don‘t worry the Pure Mode will turn it fully off (actually disconnect from power supply). I‘m planing to cover display and interface buttons behind a darkly tinted acrylic glas panel, you won‘t even notice that could be a display.. I‘ll upload some renderings in the next weeks.

Sebastian

Reactions: TLi and CKKeung

MTS

Jan 6, 2023
Nice! Looks great.
I just ordered the regular size for my Wolf von Langa field coil power supply. The Shunyata Denali V2 will also be going on a Taika Daiza. I had contemplated a second Seismion; but that may be overkill... ;)

I have discovered that field coil power supplies are extremely sensitive to vibration and incoming AC power quality, including ground noise.
The improvement to noise floor, dynamics, resolution from properly isolating, grounding, and filtering the AC have been massive.

Can someone who has ordered a linear power supply share the DC barrel size and other specs?
- DC power input barrel diameter
- DC power input barrel polarity
- voltage
- current
Thanks!

View attachment 102950
DC power input barrel diameter: 5.5x2.1 mm
DC power input barrel polarity: Central positive
Voltage: 12V
Current: The output current of the supplied PSU is 8.5A but the power consumption of Reactio is very low, only about 3W. Currently, I use IFI Ipower Elite (12V 4A) to drive Reactio and it works very well.

Reactions: Zeotrope

TLi

May 27, 2016
I tried to stack two and three Reactio's together to see if it will further improve the sound. Two Reactio's are better than one, separation of insturments is enhanced, imaging is sharper and the sound is smoother. It is clearly a result of further reduction in vibration.

Three Reactio's are marginally better than two. The improvement is not marked, it is probably because with three isolators, the whole tower is not very stable. I think two isolators probably give th best result.

IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0052.JPG IMG_0053.JPG

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
My first Seismion arrived. I installed it under my field coil power supply (Wolf von Langa). Initial impressions - wow! Not subtle! I will wait for it to settle in for a few days, since the field coil supply needs a day or so after cutting the power.
Probably a dumb question, but how can you verify that the Seismion is working? If you push it when it’s on it doesn’t seem to react or do anything. I realize it’s correcting micro-movements which likely can’t be flet.

Reactions: TLi

TLi

May 27, 2016
If the LED light is green, it is working.

The best way to ensure it is working or not is by listening. Switch it off and on again, it takes around 30 seconds for the LED to turn from red to green. Watch the light when you are playing some music, once the light turns green, in a second or two the image slowly sharpens up, very interesting and exciting experience. You should try.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada

The best way to ensure it is working or not is by listening. Switch it off and on again, it takes around 30 seconds for the LED to turn from red to green. Watch the light when you are playing some music, once the light turns green, in a second or two the image slowly sharpens up, very interesting and exciting experience. You should try.
Right, makes sense.
It’s amazing to realize how stabilizing a power supply for a field coil makes such a big sonic improvement…
BTW, thank you for all of your help!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

with my Tana platforms when you engage the isolation from standby (a red LED lights up immediately) the music becomes immediately less processed and more not connected to any speakers, in addition to less smearing and more textural nuance. on the Tana units under my amps it's easy to switch the isolation on and off and get a feel for what they do. just a couple steps from the sweet spot. and takes just a few seconds to hear it.

easier on the amps to hear it immediately, with the NVS tt the impact varies depending on the musical content. with the EMIA phono preamp the effect is immediate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeotrope and TLi

TLi

May 27, 2016
with my Tana platforms when you engage the isolation from standby (a red LED lights up immediately) the music becomes immediately less processed and more not connected to any speakers, in addition to less smearing and more textural nuance. on the Tana units under my amps it's easy to switch the isolation on and off and get a feel for what they do. just a couple steps from the sweet spot. and takes just a few seconds to hear it.

easier on the amps to hear it immediately, with the NVS tt the impact varies depending on the musical content. with the EMIA phono preamp the effect is immediate.
Herzan and Accurion can switch on and off the isolation function. The problem is you have to leave your seat and go to switch it on/off.
Seismion has a delay in activation, so you can return to your seat and wait for it. That’s I find quite interesting.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada

Mike, I think you have active isolation under power supplies for some of your components, is that correct?
I’m considering adding a Seismion under the Shunyata Denali/Typhon/Altaira stack that is powering the DartZeel 108 amp and the field coil power supply. Do you think that’s overkill?

I’m also putting a Seismion under the Zeel amp.
I have a Taiko Daiza between each component and the Seismion, with the Daiza feet (without the metal disc, as you described) between the component and the Daiza.

Attachments

• E4236D4E-09BA-4DF8-915F-647890E9EE05.jpeg
    E4236D4E-09BA-4DF8-915F-647890E9EE05.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I have not yet received the LPS for my (4x) Seismions - looking forward to hearing an improvement - although I’m already blown away, I cannot imagine what more there is to improve!

Reactions: TLi and Skyline126

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
View attachment 104264 The Seismion would lead you to explore the wonderful microscopic would. Something exceed my expectation. But the DC adapter have to be replaced with better LPS.
WOW...do you have the legendary Audio Note DAC 5th Element along with this which I believe is the accompanying reference Transport?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
WOW...would love to know more about your experience with this. I have only read Martin Collom's review of it which was unequivocally effusive...something he rarely is. STrong in praise? Yes, but rarely unequivocal. He was with your digital.

Any comparisons with other digital would be great to know! Do you use this with only the transport or also with a server?

TLi

May 27, 2016
I have not yet received the LPS for my (4x) Seismions - looking forward to hearing an improvement - although I’m already blown away, I cannot imagine what more there is to improve!
With linear power supply, the sound is smoother. The background is quieter, everything becomes more real. This is particularly evident when you have four switching power supplies removed from the power grid.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Every audiophiles must try to remove as many switching powersupplies from their audio powerlines as possible.
They must be completely removed/unplugged from the mains sockets, because even when the components they are supplying are turned off, there is still some adverse sonic influence.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
With linear power supply, the sound is smoother. The background is quieter, everything becomes more real. This is particularly evident when you have four switching power supplies removed from the power grid.
agree very important. even for SMPS for lights. even on my 'dirty' power grid they can be a negative.

in the development of the Tana system with the Herzan TS units, the quality of the LPS made a measurable difference. adding chokes to the LPS made a difference. the power umbilical's made a difference. adding a panzerholtz chassis for the LPS made a difference and placing the LPS on a Daiza made a difference.

Taiko measured the performance differences, and i could hear them as the design progressed.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
agree very important. even for SMPS for lights. even on my 'dirty' power grid they can be a negative.

in the development of the Tana system with the Herzan TS units, the quality of the LPS made a measurable difference. adding chokes to the LPS made a difference. the power umbilical's made a difference. adding a panzerholtz chassis for the LPS made a difference and placing the LPS on a Daiza made a difference.

Taiko measured the performance differences, and i could hear them as the design progressed.
Yes, SMPS exerts their adverse sonic effect even when they are on the non-audio powerlines.
However they are so common in home electrical appliances nowadays that it's near-impossible to eradicate all of them from our homes.
:rolleyes:

TLi

May 27, 2016
Sometimes it is not possible to avoid switching power supplies, my Herzan AVS and LFS come with switching power supplies.

The way I use to avoid them contaminating the power grid is to use a battery pack AC supply. Herzan combo draws only 14W, a full charge is going to last for weeks before recharging is necessary.
B59E41F1-CDF2-423F-9AA9-938BD141B4B4.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing