Sony WH1000XM2 MSRP $349.95

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Actually the earbids are quite comfortable. Maybe I should pursue a hifi grade earbud.these are fine for the sibway,gym, and running.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I found it pleasing. It is probably weighted to the bottom end and more suited as a secondary activity. When paired with the hipdac the bas could on occasion overwhelm me. It is easily solved by defeating the hipdac bass boost

In the upside I can wear my bicycle helmet

Last edited:
Reactions: Alrainbow

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I've never seen it as a problem, but the controls next to a mic do not offer volume 'up' and 'down'. Is that a downside for you or perhaps it is better for cycling because you don't accidentally increase the volume?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It is not a probem

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
That's great then. Finding a pair of headphones/earphones that fit your taste and work nicely with the other products is not that easy. I guess you must try many pairs before you settle for one.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
No. I have been fortunate. I hope to attend Can Jam one day. I there are so many headphones to hear

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
You definitely should. Our US team is currently attending the one in NY. If it is not convenient for you then, there are probably other trade shows closer to your place. Have you been to any already?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Unfortunately I schduled my trip to California for the Month of February. Otherwise NYC would be just a train ride away from DC.
I attend Capitol Aidio Fest annually. I spent most my time with the Stax/Blue Hawaii.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
You can see my coverage on this forum.
In general is its proximity to me. In some it is intimate yet covers the field.
In unrelated matter have you heard of the ifi audio ikit? I think ots no longer available on music. Tube dac,headphone amp and buffer

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Just installed new software. It's free. They should notify you.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
You can see my coverage on this forum.
In general is its proximity to me. In some it is intimate yet covers the field.
In unrelated matter have you heard of the ifi audio ikit? I think ots no longer available on music. Tube dac,headphone amp and buffer
We did have a set of five products in the iFi - iKit Integrated Digital Audio System (DAC/Headphone Amp/Tube Buffer/Power Solution/Rack), but some of these are already legacy products. However, you can still get it at some of our distributors and dealers. Would you like me to point you to their direction?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The SONY comes with a supporting software that you download from there website. It allows you to make adjustments like eq.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I actually needed to get bluetooth reception.you will also need it for 4d sound
The eq helps with bass. It also adjusts for ear size and humidity.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
BASS SELLS
I think there is ab industry wide effort to emphasixe bass. As the song says it's all about that bass. It is present at the recording and reproduction level.
It is counterintuitive to tohk correct bass can emerge from head phones let alone IEMs.

Listening to Round Miidnightby Ray Brown and Laura Almeda. Quite amazing coming from a $60 earbuds. It was assisted by the hip dac.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
That is correct. It is seems that bass is profoundly pronounced throughout many of the products in the audio sector. Are you referring to the headphones or audio market in general?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The ifi hip dac,go blue and diablo all have xbass button.
I find it most prevalent in devices where the presence of bass is counter intuitive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing